It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Soul's relationship to the body

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have read lots about near death experiences. The scientific side describes the brains activity as someone loses their life. Many near death experiences talk about a light, feeling of leaving the body through the head, etc. The body is described as a temple. Much the same way an antenna can shape an energy wave, what if the body is used to transmit the soul in the event of out death?

Perhaps the brain has the capability of focusing the energy of the soul, collecting all the energy that is the individual and allows it to be transmitted out of the body. This opens up some scary possibilities. If this is the case, and the brain is required to transmit the soul, would people who die suddenly in cases where the brain is not given the time to 'die,' would the collective soul of an individual not be transmitted? I think if this is the case, the general life energy of the person would be absorbed by the surroundings and the identity and personality of the person would not survive.

As evidence, I have yet to hear of psychic or other reports of hauntings or spiritual contact by people who have died or been killed in such a manner. All such reports are of people whose brains were basically given enough time to 'die' on its own. Can anyone add to these encounters under such situations?

This concept has scared and saddened me, but it seems to make sense both scientifically and from a paranormal aspect.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Good question, Wolf321, considering the fact that some do die of severe trauma to the head.

I am of the opinion that the soul exists outside of the body as well as inside and that, during our lives, our bodies are 'attached' to it. For that reason, I don't believe that ANY damage to our material form can cause damage to the soul. It is indestructable.

Can't wait for others to chime in on this interesting idea.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm curios, have tests been done when a person go's away like have all sort of equiptment that mejure ultra violete , infra red , x-rays , gamma spectrum to see if they detect anything at all at the point when some one stops to exist in this realm.I have always asked my self is there something more than this, it would be ilogical, our lifes are so short, not much time to learn anything, no time for perfection.It freaks me out just to think there is nothing after this adn that all of this is pointless. If it is so
then our lives are pointless.To try to learn so much and when you think you know something you go away and all is lost.Maybe scientific research
was not done enough in this field, people usualy say it's the church business to do this.Scientificaly speaking when we go were gone and nothing more.Maybe they are right, at least none of us will be disapointed because we won't be anymore.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:50 PM
link   
This is My Answer and This is How I roll (^^,)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb1

So you let a cartoon speak for you?

Interesting revelation, johnb1, but not one I'd admit to.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Intresting video, but I was refering to a scientific side of view.Is there any evidence to suport a theory after one dies.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
I have read lots about near death experiences. The scientific side describes the brains activity as someone loses their life. Many near death experiences talk about a light, feeling of leaving the body through the head, etc. The body is described as a temple. Much the same way an antenna can shape an energy wave, what if the body is used to transmit the soul in the event of out death?

Perhaps the brain has the capability of focusing the energy of the soul, collecting all the energy that is the individual and allows it to be transmitted out of the body. This opens up some scary possibilities. If this is the case, and the brain is required to transmit the soul, would people who die suddenly in cases where the brain is not given the time to 'die,' would the collective soul of an individual not be transmitted? I think if this is the case, the general life energy of the person would be absorbed by the surroundings and the identity and personality of the person would not survive.

The brain and/or body do not "transmit" the soul in any capacity.

The body is only a temporary house of the soul and the personality survives the death of the body.

NDE's Occur When The Patient Is Brain Dead

People Born Blind Can See During An NDE

People Having NDE's Have Brought Back Scientific Discoveries

Groups Of Dying People Can Share The Same NDE

After Death Communications Have Been Reported By Credible People

Main Page Of Scientific Evidence For Survival Of Consciousness After Death

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

There is no way to prove, scientifically, the presence of a soul any more than it is to present the disected parts of a thought. We might be able to see which part of the brain is active while we are thinking, but the thought itself is materially non-existent.

Can we prove love or hate scientifically? I doubt it.

Back to idea of God; I believe that the closest we come to actually being able to empirically perceive Deity is through our dreams or within our conscience. When we decide to slow down upon seeing the neighbours cat crossing the road, it's our conscience that makes this decision. If we decide to run it over just for the fun of it, it's because we don't care about that animal, the family that loves it or the fact we are killing for the sheer joy of being able to and driving on by.

That part of us is God, imo.

Not something we can lay on a table, cut into pieces and try to figure out how it's made. God is not a material entity. We can only go by our own experiences to support the idea that God is there.

I've had an OoBE and I believe the soul to be a fact from my own personal experiences only. There's no doubt that sometime during our lives, we will all come to our own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
reply to post by pepsi78

There is Only One thing Proves The History of ALL US "Man"

That part of us is God, imo. Me too. (^^,)

But Which part or side of god/gods Good or Evil

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by pepsi78
Is there any evidence to suport a theory after one dies.

i do not think one's going to find scientific proof of what truly happens after death, ever, beyond that of physical deterioration.

science follows rules which are universal, not spiritual.

even if we were able to validate and quantify the soul's existence and what it does after death, we'd still only be left with one side of the truth. it won't answer why it happens or for what reason.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by johnb1

God is the side of us that is able to discern good from bad. It's called our better judgement.

btw, I hate to nag, but the part you quoted seems twisted out of context. Here's the quote in context

Originally posted by masqua

Back to idea of God; I believe that the closest we come to actually being able to empirically perceive Deity is through our dreams or within our conscience. When we decide to slow down upon seeing the neighbours cat crossing the road, it's our conscience that makes this decision. If we decide to run it over just for the fun of it, it's because we don't care about that animal, the family that loves it or the fact we are killing for the sheer joy of being able to and driving on by.

looks a bit different than the above quote in your post. In it, it seems that I'm implying that not being able to prove God IS God. Kinda confusing.

The evil comes into play when we go against what our conscience tells us is right for reasons such as greed, envy, lust, etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:40 PM
link   
Are you saying that side of us is more our God 'nature', than actually ourselves being as Gods?

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 04:41 AM
link   
reply to post by idle_rocker

We are not gods any more than an atom of water is a god.

What DOES make us different from an atom of water is our ability to choose in all things. We are able to discern not only what we wish to accomplish by good planning and focussed direction over time, but also have the extra-ordinairy sense of empathy by seeing far ahead in time and viewing how those future goals may affect others within our society.

God is that part of us which conceives the end results and judges whether it is in our interest alone or in the interest of society/humanity... our conscience.

Consider a plan to divert a river in the area where you live. Do you care whether other people who now live downstream from that river will die for lack of water? Do you feel justified in going ahead simply because you can? Are you in the least concerned about the impact of the diversion or do you ignore such notions?

A sociopath is a person who has no conscience/empathy and is a rare individual indeed. They are the ones who torture small animals for pleasure as children and grow up to become mass murderers as adults.

A really good question would be " Is there a soul in a sociopath?"

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
That IS a good question. Could a sociopath be a dark soul?...or a soul overcome by the dark side?...demon possessed even?

I would think everyone alive has a soul and have often wondered if clones would have souls.

And I agree, we are not gods. But there are those who mistake God being in ourselves as being god-like, or even gods. I think this is untrue. Our souls are given to us by God, are they not? But, we can open our souls to darkness...or the light. That is our choice.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i tend to think of it this way, the body is the vehicle in which we contact the physical world in. the spirit is our true being which contacts the spirit world and that spirit possesses a soul or "mind" which contacts the intellect. It is my personal belief that when a person dies or when the body is destroyed he can no longer inhabit that body. our spirit is in the exact image of our physcial body, although it is different.

The spirit mainly operates in the regens of the chest and stomach, our brain was created to wire up to our "intellect" or our Soul. the spirit and soul is tightly knit together almost operating as one, but it is seperate. if you've ever had a gut feeling or a sudden knowing about something it usually originates in the spirit, the mind does not naturally pick up on those things. It is in my opinion that the emotions originate within the spirit as well. Have you ever been heartbroken? you feel that void in your chest, a pain that is undescribeable? That is from the spirit.

To answer your question, i don't think the brain functions in that matter as a transmitter but more like a user interface for the soul to control this body, when it goes out your intellect can no longer function in this world, have you ever heard of people that were brain dead in a coma and when they miraculously come out of it they can explain in some level of detail things that had gone on in the hospital rooms they had been in? when you die you simply slip out of your body like you would a glove, now depending on your personal beliefs which mine are christian i believe you go 1 of two places, heaven or hell, i don't think man sticks around the earth. I believe there are other spirit beings inhabiting this planet manipulating things on earth.

Keeper

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:02 AM
link   
This is my Quart Answer but it is A General & Universal Way of Expressing How and Who We are Really (^^,) Just Follow the Link

www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Keeper of Kheb

I see exactly what you're saying. I tend to feel spiritual matters (matters of most import) in my gut and I try to listen to my gut as often as I can, but many times my brain intellectually fights my gut. (not that I'm super intelligent, but it does that)

I too believe when we die our spiritual self leaves the body and attains its permanent life position. But I'm not sure our intellect leaves the body. I tend to believe all thinking and feeling parts of us remain with our soul after death and, as you said, become an image of ourselves when alive. That is our true self...for our body is, apparently just a carrier while we are physically alive. Since many people report a moving picture of their lives passing quickly before them at the moment before death, it seems more to me like a memory download to our soul.

I'm thinking, though as I type this that perhaps it is the other way around. Since physical life is temporal, maybe our physical body is really just an image of our soul. We are creating new thoughts and memories in our present existence for our soul to use in our future bodiless life - our physical bodies being maybe the only way for us to learn or adapt to what we need in our future. This would also give us a reason for having been born and a reason for physical death.

I am also a Christian but I have not been fixed on the eternity in heaven or hell situation. Since utter damnation is not the reason I became a Christian, I haven't studied the subject as much as I should have. I'm thinking maybe there are various levels of eternity. I have read somewhere there are at least 7 levels in heaven, which would mean to me there are various levels of an opposing place. Do you have any information on this?

This is a very good topic and one I'm very interested in. Thank you, Wolf, for opening it.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:24 AM
link   
I like the word you said Various Levels (^^,) that's the keyword

Mark 4:11-12

11He told them, "The secret of the kingdom of God has been given to you. But to those on the outside everything is said in parables

12so that, " 'they may be ever seeing but never perceiving,
and ever hearing but never understanding;
otherwise they might turn and be forgiven!'[a]"

The Almighty GOD is calling Always all the PEOPLE Conscience and Awareness
Thru Calamity and Disasters and The Sky is telling Something

and His Elect and Sheep's will be Gathered

[edit on 16-3-2008 by johnb1]

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
If you believe the true nature of the soul is an energy transmission from the body then you might have a point, but I have always understood the soul to be separate, immortal, and simply attached to the body. I have ever heard of a silver cord that holds the soul to the body. I heard a NDE where a women was hit by a bus and immediately knocked her soul out of her body. I don't think there is anything to worry about, God designed a process whereas the soul would never be lost no matter what happened to the body.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Interesting. Many ancients believed that the soul was linked to the body by the "Golden Cord" which is attached to the Pineal gland. David Wilcox discusses This in his most recent video that was posted in another thread and on Google Video,
In NDE and OBO experiences the soul remains attatched to the Physical VIA this cord and Gland.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join