It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Support for War effort Highest since 2006!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   

Support for War effort Highest since 2006!

www.politico.com

American public support for the military effort in Iraq has reached a high point unseen since the summer of 2006, a development that promises to reshape the political landscape.

According to late February polling conducted by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, 53 percent of Americans — a slim majority — now believe “the U.S. will ultimately succeed in achieving its goals” in Iraq. That figure is up from 42 percent in September 2007.

The percentage of those who believe the war in Iraq is going “very well” or “fairly well” is also up, from 30 percent in February 2007 to 48 percent today.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Holy PROPEGANDA BULLSH** ALERT Batman!

Who in the hell did these people poll to come to this conclusion, The Bush admin? This is the biggest bunch of BS I have ever seen in my life...How incredibly stupid these people think we all are!

Innocent people are dying, our soldiers are dying, untold TRILLIONS of our tax-dollars THAT WE DON'T EVEN HAVE LEFT TO SPEND are being funneled overseas to keep this clusterf*** going...And they expect us to believe that people are STILL behind this mess?!? AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

www.politico.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
What exactly are the goals for Iraq anyway?

Stability? Dont got that
Prosperity? Dont got that
Clean running water? Some do and some dont, got that
Food? Same as above

It seems any important goal has yet to be acomplished. So why the optimism?

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Question:
Has there been less reporting of the negative aspects of the war in the last couple of months or so on MSM?
i.e. bombings, deaths of soldiers etc.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
obviously propaganda. "hey! look, people are supporting us again, i swear! you should feel better about things. you know. because people like us again. you should like us too...*cough* ahem."

*crickets*

if it's true then it's because they send protesters to jail and taze those that have any sign of a rebellious streak in them. less around to say they don't like it and makes the ones left less inclined to rebel. reminds me of the "my fingers hurt" scene from happy gilmore. "anyone else's finger hurt? i didn't think so."

budskiy -you people and your flashy distracting avatars...

[edit on 13-3-2008 by an0maly33]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Total load of CRAP!!!

I do not know ONE person who supports this debacle. I cannot think of a single individual who is in favor of continuing to bleed red-ink and watch our economy tank for Iraq. And trust me, I come from a dyed-in-the-wool Republican family and every single person HATES Bush, hates this war and cannot wait until the ASS-in-Chief is out of the White House.

As a Conservative Independent I can attest that this is BS propaganga - and not very good at that!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Not just on the negative aspects, but really on ALL aspects of the war. The MSM has taken attention off it all together in recent months. Our joke of an electoral process and our Corporate hand-chosen candidates has been plastered all over every evening broadcast for the past several months.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Total load of CRAP!!!

I do not know ONE person who supports this debacle.

Just curious, but what is the sample size and margin of error for your personal iraq war favorability poll?

Not saying that I support the war, just reminding you that the personal opinions of a small group of your friends does not equal the data from a scientifically conducted poll and therefore should not ever be confused with such.

[edit on 3/13/2008 by centurion1211]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:11 PM
link   
de·ni·al [di n əl]
(plural de·ni·als)
noun

1. disavowal: a statement saying that something is not true or not correct

2. refusal to allow somebody something: a refusal to grant something desired or believed to be a right

3. refusal to acknowledge existence of something: a refusal to believe in something or admit that something exists

4. psychology refusal to face unpleasant facts: a state of mind marked by a refusal or an inability to recognize and deal with a serious personal problem

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Total load of CRAP!!!

I do not know ONE person who supports this debacle.

I do not know ONE person that works in a potato chip factory, or even one person that makes cabinets for a living. I've never met anyone who worked on the assembly line at an automobile factory.

Maybe we both need to meet more people.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

That's what I thought - people assume it's better because it's "gone away"

And I'm guessing that what IS reported is "good news" (the "surge" is working etc) and fluff pieces where a soldier saves a cat from up a tree or some such nonsense.

I actually believe this poll - many people seem to have a short memory when it comes to this.
Or indeed ANY kind of bad news - they'd much rather not hear.

It always reminds me of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal.

Definition for those who haven't read the Hicthikers Guide To The Galaxy:

Daft as a hairbrush, the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal is arguably the most insanely idiotically dense creature in existence. It believes that if you can't see it, it can't see you. Therefore, if you are faced by the horrid (yes, horrid, in spite of its intelleigence, or lack of) Beast you should wrap your towel around your head (you do have one, don't you!?) to ward off the Beast's voracious apetite and furious... fury

source

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I think the Pew Center is somewhat to the right politically, but I have no trouble believing its numbers. It says support for the war is up since 2006; that's up but still less than half the people polled. Though some people support the surge (like McCain) the war is still unpopular.

top topics

join