It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thought Exorcism was Dead? Think Again

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Thought Exorcism was Dead? Think Again

www.newsmonster.co.uk

By the time consultant psychiatrist Dr Alan Sanderson began treating Peter for ‘demonic possession' his life had already fallen apart.

Peter Johnson, a 50-year-old career civil servant, had once been a model citizen. He lived a quiet middle-class life in South East England. He worked hard, loved gardening and adored his wife Joan. There was nothing unusual in his life in any way.

But then came Askinra - a ‘demon' that ate into his soul and took over his life.

"It was as if I had an alien presence living inside my body," says Peter. "When it was fully active it penetrated and permeated my entire body, including my brain."

Peter first became aware of Askinra's presence during his dreams. A dark forbidding entity would enter his body and seize control. At first, Peter ignored the recurring nightmares but eventually they began spilling over into his daily life.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.cbsnews.com
infocult.typepad.com
www.ewtn.com
theframeproblem.wordpress.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
live exorcism.....
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread179773/pg1
www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread14206/pg1

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Dr Sanderson is a member of the Royal College of Psychiatrists and he says it's common for spirits to attack people. That's pretty wild coming for a scientifically trained doctor.

. "If you use a Ouiji board, or ask spirits to come through to our side, then one just might attach to you."

I believe it is really happening to people and it seems to be on the rise. Look at my additional news links. According to an exorcist preist I heard in the interview they make an effort to distinguish between mental problems and possession; the three signs of a real possession are:
1.person speaks in language(s) previously unknown
2. hidden knowledge
3. superhuman strength

I know of a pastor, Chris Ward, who does exorcisms you can find him here www.logoschristian.org... if you ned help.

www.newsmonster.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Many would regard exorcism as a relict of the middle ages with no relevance to the 21st century. Surely demonic possession has no basis in fact and is merely confined to the fevered imaginations of halfwits and fools? Well, strange as it may seem, exorcism is gaining increasing medical credibility and remains part of the religious mainstream.

While I am not saying I do not believe in the spirit world, I do not have much experience with it so I will not speculate on it's exsistence or lack thereof. What I could not help but notice was the mention of a resurgence in the belief of these types of things, similiar to the middle ages.

The Middle ages being renowned for their ignorace to many facts and the strong belief in superstition, ushering in of the Dark Ages.

Not a good sign in my opinion.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Most everyone in America is in an Alpha state of mind on varying levels but with the analytical part of the mind somewhat intact. Media does this believe it or not. Even when you visit websites and stare into that majestic monitor you are being bombarded by flicker rate. When you listen to music and talk radio..you are constanly being bombarded.

I wouldnt be surprised most of us have different degrees of other worldly influence in our every day life. I dont care how much you think you are in control of your conciousness

Be observant your need to correct what I say in the name of denying ignorance. The more you analyze everything the deeper the hold, kinda like quicksand

top topics

join