It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happened to turning the other cheek?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I didn't watch the video-I'll take your word for it. I think it's getting old taking videos from the youtube as a source to (in a round about way) attack religion. People are people, still. We're all human..or aren't we? So we all get frustrated, upset, angry, tense and clearly fed up. Not everyone is living by the gospel. Don't you know that that is why the gate is narrow and few may enter therein? Luckily though, or blessed be the King, we're under grace. He walked in the flesh as a man and therefore He understands our weaknesses, whether we are believers or not. He understands the difficulties we have and will face in a world predominately governed by wicked in high places. And eventually He's going to say enough!

Many people are going into perdition, it's biblically prophesied this would happen, people falling away from the truth, taken away by the cares of this world. But for those of us who work hard at maintaining the faith all the way to the end, there is an beautiful blessing bestowed upon us/them.

Plus, do you seriously believe everything you see and then automatically assume that it pertains to everyone whose a believer? Why not instead of searching for the deeper truths of Satan and the weaknesses of man, search for the truth and the good things people are doing. I'd like to see that in a youtube, but then, it would probably get moved to BTS, for lack of conspiracy

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:18 AM
link   
The reaction of those Mormons was very appropriate as far as I can see. They took the abuse for how many balloon..2, 3, 4 water ballons? And their reaction, do you think it was to physical pain or the much worse emotional pain of being treated that way when they were trying to do good and the guy losing it and gal cursing...are they not human?

I promise you this, they are so very lucky it was not someone like me or one of my family or friends. I wonder if those with ears to hear can get this...What many "Tough Guys" apparently don't realize is that the Cops and Courts and Prisons are not protecting everyone from them, they are being protected from those of us who would just as soon bury them in the desert for cutting us off on the freeway or making us listen to their music or breathing. I am civilized because I choose to be and for the sake of my children, as are many like me..we work, pay our taxes, raise our families and try to be good people but I am losing my point.. those pissants are very lucky ..they draw out the very worst in the most dangerous humans on this planet and trust me, it isn't punks and thugs and smart asses like that; it isn't ghetto rappers with their 9MM, baggy pants below the cracks of their asses and computer games. The same people who will save this country if it comes down to a fight...not those sissies with their water ballon bullsh-t. Semper Fidelis /

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

After much thought about your comments here and elsewhere, and in light of ATS's policy regarding personal attacks; even where the member is due a serious verbal/written scouraging, I have decided the only answer to your sanctimonious, ignorant and dogmatic preaching, is to put you on"Block". However, I am no sneak, so I am telling you why and suggesting you get the facts about who wrote your Bible, when they wrote it and while you are at it, investgate who the son of Julius Ceasar and Cleoptra was, who Abraham really was and the other facts that historical hard evidence prove you faith is mislaid, misguided and a man made religion that has been used to cause more blood and suffering that even the Roman Empire or Hilter's 3rd Reiche caused. Get thee behind me!!

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Egads, my post is going to have Lightmare and I debating over lunch, but here goes.

I do not like JW/Mormons. They annoy me. I do not like people ringing my doorbell over and over to force me to answer. I do not like having a religion I do not support shoved down my throat.

I have answered the door naked before. I have answered the door with my pentacle in plain view. I have answered the door and told them I was in the middle of a ritual sacrifice. I have answered the door and stood there long enough to tell them no 3 times then slammed the door in their face.

Was I ever rude enough to do something like throw water balloons at them? No... doesnt mean I didnt think about it but I never did it. Do I think the guys in the video were wrong? A wee bit.. but then I understand their feelings.

Were the JW/Mormon wrong? Hell yes. There are aspects not mentioned about this video. How many times had they been this person's house? Doesnt say. The simple fact is, erupting in a temper tantrum was wrong. If you represent a religion that preaches forgiveness, then you should be able to do just that.

Getting mad is a human response, I understand this. But hell, we all have to learn how to control our reactions. There was NO reason for the JW/Mormon to erupt like they did. They violated their own belief of forgiving those that hurt them. Makes bad press for their belief system... whether people want to admit it or not.

Point blank.... the guys played a -prank-. Read the definition of prank please.

Prank: /præŋk/
–noun a trick of an amusing, playful, or sometimes malicious nature.

Was it malicious? Yes. Did it hurt them? Just their pride. No physical harm.

Here it is in a nutshell. Actions speak louder than words. Actions ALWAYS speak louder than words. The JW/Mormons in that video just ruined -everything- they had been saying for the gods knows how long. Their actions denied their words. The impression left with any nonbeliever that sees that is simply that those who believe in Christ do not live up to the Christlike standards.. and therefore the religion itself is hypocritical.

Is that belief right? No.. but that is what happens. You cannot blame the person getting this perception.. you have to look at who is giving the impression. In this case.. the JW/Mormons.

Sorry if you dont like the truth, but there it is. Bad things happen every minute of everyday. How you react to those bad things makes impressions on those around you and if you are one who tries to be a representative for a religion... you need to understand that those around you hold you to a higher standard.

As a sidenote, the debate with Lightmare has already begun and I have to add this.

Those that try to hold this video against the Christian religion itself have not reached the point in their spiritual growth to understand that just because a person who is Christian fails does not mean the religion itself has failed. Sadly, not everyone is enlightened yet.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
reply to post by ValhallasValkyrie

I couldn't agree with you more... This is what I've been saying the whole time... I might have been a little rash to state that the religion was hot air, but maybe it's showing us the utter collapse of religion... Again not cool on either parties, but even more uncool how the JW/mormons reacted...

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   
That is clearly a fake. Those are clearly not LDS missionaries. For one, there would never be a female missionary alone with a male missionary, and two where are their name tags?

Also, a missionary, or any LDS member would not call a person they didn't know brother. Also, when they call each other brother or sister, it also includes their last name. Such as Brother Charles, or Sister Johnson.

[edit on 5/22/2008 by eye open doors]

[edit on 5/22/2008 by eye open doors]

posted on May, 22 2008 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by eye open doors
That is clearly a fake. Those are clearly not LDS missionaries. For one, there would never be a female missionary alone with a male missionary, and two where are their name tags?

Also, a missionary, or any LDS member would not call a person they didn't know brother. Also, when they call each other brother or sister, it also includes their last name. Such as Brother Charles, or Sister Johnson.

Alright, then would this be a different religion? Does not mean the video is fake... Also sounds like LDS have a lot of "rules"... In my understanding God gave us 10... Very simple rules very easy to follow...

posted on May, 23 2008 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

It appears to me, that this video is mocking LDS missionaries. Perhaps it is a school project. The use of the word refreshments is something they say in the LDS church.

Also sounds like LDS have a lot of "rules"...

The LDS church has what is called The Articles of Faith. It is my understanding that it is an expansion of the 10 commandments. Also they have the W ord of Wisdom. I quit going to the LDS church around the age of 14. My family goes all the way back to the beginning at Nauvoo. My understanding is limited. Frankly, I disagree with fundamentalist religions. I find them to be harmful to society. So I am not the best person to talk to about this. I believe I saw others on ATS that are active members with a testimony.

In my understanding God gave us 10... Very simple rules very easy to follow...

My understanding is that the 10 commandments are man made rules that are vastly outdated and static. Which have been at times, violently applied to a dynamic world. Which therefore has limited, and destroyed culture for far too long. My understanding of the bible is that it is a slavers manual/tool manufactured and truncated to keep their intended slaves in the dark.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join