It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The welling up of the Holy Spirit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Curious if any of the faithful here has been feeling this lately or ever.

Some call it the awakening, some call it other things. I believe the bible calls it the pouring out of God's spirit in the last days.

I've always felt this spirit from time to time and know when I am in it and it within me, so it isn't unusual, but I must say that last night it was so strong that it was indescribable.

It literally felt as if my body was entirely full of another presence of understanding and love that it felt like it could not possibly even contain it.

It feels now like the pressure of the inner dome of a volcano ready to explode forth around my chest upward, yet it is not painful just a bit overwhelming.

It's like an orgasm of the soul which is close to exiting the body, if that makes any sense.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Ben, you just made my day.

Now we are moving past the babies milk and on to solid food.

I've heard some refer to it as a vibration, to some it feels like small currents of electricity, and Jesus himself describes it as a spring of water, welling up to eternal life!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Yes its Gods grace... Thats how I thought about the trintiy on the body, Gods grace....

If you follow him, you will be revealed to great wisdom and just prepare to learn things you have never thought of before...

and you will need this to fight this age of lying and hatred.....

I have felt this Ben....

peace.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Excellent you two!

You know, like all things in life there is a first time for everything. Back when I was a boy, I remember people talking about knowing when they received the Holy Spirit, that the could actually feel it.

I reserved any judgment on that because at that time, I had said the "sinners prayer" and asked Christ into my heart, yet I never had those types of feeling until much later in life.

Its been a long long road.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:51 PM
link   
What a beautiful experience!

I have felt it too...while looking at Christmas lights one December evening. I felt like a conduit where my body and soul filled with light and love. I felt it extend from my center like a bubble and spread out to the world. It was an incredible experience and I'll never forget it.

Blessings...

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 01:43 AM
link   
It's really a beautiful thing. Words can't describe, the sensations or emotions that accompany this. I had four months of welling, my first time.

Then one day, I was home all alone, and I could feel it going from my stomach and chest into my neck. I stood up and realized, whatever was happening was knocking me literally off my feet. I made a dash for my bedroom and laid down on my bed and ...... well I'm a girl and I'm shy, so I'll just say my mind had a mind bending event.

Since then, everything makes sense. It's like things hidden before are being revealed. Everything has two meanings; a physical one and a spiritual one.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Myrtales Instinct]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
What amazes me is that it is telling me something that is similar to having a word right on the tip of your tongue (figure of speech).

It's like it teases you or prods you but never tells you everything.

It's like a secret that always unfolds yet leaves you with the desire for more answers.

I feel like Anthony Hopkins in "Meet Joe Black".

Anyways, tomorrow is a new day. Thanks for listening and thanks for sharing your comments.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by ben91069

I've been feeling it - literally - all my life.
(Only, it's less painful than it sounds when you describe it. ; ))

Losing that - that frame of mind that cannot be described, that dazzling LIGHT that obliterates everything, almost beyond bliss itself - would equal DEATH to me: the worst, the only type of death that I can imagine right now.

I hope YOU never lose it.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanitas

It truly is an amazing feeling. It's one that I only wish that I could feel more often than I do. It's a sad day when I don't feel the Holy Spirit's presence within me. I KNOW It's there, but I just don't feel that unwavering level of comfort that I remember from so long ago.

Perhaps I've grown used to it??? I dunno.

Ever learning,
TheBorg

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by TheBorg

Thats interesting. I know of it and I know how I came to feel that presence. I became in the spirit so much that it accumulated and I then felt it.

I am now understanding it to be the literal rapture described in the bible. It is the calling up to the higher place yet I remain on the earth, just as I suspected.

It is allegorically connected to the last battle of Armageddon where we are commanded to take the high ground, which is the only escape from it.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:27 AM
link   
I think this is an interesting subject and the comment Myrtales Instinct made in regard to currents of electricity, surely caught my eye and prompted me to post my experience here so I could share it with all of you.

Back in 1987, I had been involved in personal bible study for weeks, attempting to figure myself out, basically, trying to comprehend how, a man, like myself, trapped in this fleshly body, with all of its shortcomings, and sinful desires, could arrive at the truth I found in the scriptures, namely, complete obedience to the Lord. To be precise, I had been focusing heavily on Romans 7:14-25, where Paul describes the anguishing experience:

For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells; for to will is present with me, but how to perform what is good I do not find. For the good that I will to do, I do not do; but the evil I will not to do, that I practice. Now if I do what I will not to do, it is no longer I who do it, but sin that dwells in me.

Literally, what I was reading in black and white, I was living out in real time, and I had come to the point of Paul’s exclamation, “Oh WRETCHED man that I am!” Truly indeed, it was an agonizing experience. It was as if, what I was reading in scripture, concerning being free from the power of sin over my life, was, for me, like gazing at the moon, and realizing just how far I was from what I could see before me. At best, I felt more like a hypocrite than anything.

It was at this point that I began to sincerely think, as though coming from my heart, what an honor and privilege it would be to actually walk in complete obedience to God. I had never considered the truth of that statement, indeed, an honor and a privilege. That began to overshadow all the anguish and misery I had been experiencing. It was at this point I retired for bed, falling into a deep sleep, having laid there meditating on that desire.

Some time after I had fallen asleep, I was awakened in the early morning hours, to one of the most unusual and amazing things I have ever experienced. Coming out of a deep sleep, my eyes immediately opened to find my arms extended straight up into the air, toward the ceiling. I thought, “What is going on?” As I attempted to pull my arms down, from the center of my stomach a strong and powerful burst of electricity hit me, thrusting my arms right back up into the air. My mouth opened, and out of it, as though coming from a deep valley within, were these echoing groans. I began to struggle against the experience, attempting to pull my arms down when again, another powerful thrust of electricity hit me, sending my arms back into the air, groans bellowing out from deep within me.

As the groans would rise up from deep within me, I would try to force them out of my mouth but, they would extend no further than the base of my throat. I was perplexed at what was happening to me and thought, “Dear Lord, what is happening to me!?” It was at that point, within me came this voice, “Rest, it is the Holy Spirit.” It was at that pont something came over me, my warring against the experience ceased and I fell back into a deep sleep.
For days, I walked around, overwhelmed with what had taken place, trying to understand what had happened to me and what purpose it had served. Something different had taken place within me, something was evident within me, which had not been there before. It was a week later, as I was back in study that I came across this scripture:

Likewise the Spirit also helps in our weaknesses. For we do not know what we should pray for as we ought, but the Spirit Himself makes intercession for us with groanings which cannot be uttered.( Romans 8:26)

As I sat back in my chair, I just stared at that scripture and thought, “That is what I experienced.” No matter how I had attempted to forced those groans out of me, they would not go beyond the base of my throat, groans which echoed from deep within me, as though someone in great agony and anguish, pleading. Indeed I was wretched, did not know how to pray concerning my predicament but the Lord, took control of the situation, so much so, putting me back into a deep sleep, so that I would not interfere and struggle against what He needed to do within me. That became a turning point in my life. To this day, I will tell people, as for sin and the old man within us, only God, by His Holy Spirit can mortify and subdue him. Nothing else.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jdposey

That's truly an inspiring story jd! Thanks for sharing.

And for the quote, that is exactly the dilemma of man. Paul saw it and so do many others I am finding, which is what the sinful nature is.

It is a duality between the inside of the body and the outside of the body.

here, I thought that the problem had been duality in the world, which is obvious to see, by the way, yet the real problem is within our selves.

We have a spirit within us that wants to do one thing and we end up doing what we don't want to do. I am sure the governor of New York could tell you all about that now since he got busted, huh?

Anyway, this is the problem of why we are sinful, and the man without the Holy Spirit cannot see this, because he doesn't know the difference. You're right, he doesn't know what he ought to pray for, because it behooves him.

LOL. I think this is what is meant by the prophecy of "when you see the abomination that makes the house of the Lord desolate standing in the temple, then raise up your heads for your salvation is near".

This is what it is talking about. When we realize who we really are by seeing what we were, then our salvation is truly near.

Praise the Father!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Making himself to be GOD yet a sinful mofo..Standing in TEMPLE proclaiming himself to be GOD, ALMIGHTY. The Apostles claimed the same power, no?

And when his disciples James and John saw this, they said, Lord, wilt thou that we command fire to come down from heaven, and consume them, even as Elias did? But he turned, and rebuked them, and said, Ye know not what manner of spirit ye are of.

Quite the paradox, because theoretically ANY of the apostles - the originals could potentially be the bad guy AND with REASON!

Did I go off topic with the top and the bottom and the trees and the forest? This ENTIRE woirld that we live in is FAKE. It is NOT real - a proving ground so to speak? At least that is the point i'm supposed to express.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Inverted_VaV
Did I go off topic with the top and the bottom and the trees and the forest? This ENTIRE woirld that we live in is FAKE. It is NOT real - a proving ground so to speak? At least that is the point i'm supposed to express.

It depends on which thread you were responding to. Apparently it wasn't this one, but there is a thread about the top and bottom and the trees around here somewhere.

Vav? I know you. Your my brother.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

:w: Yes you are my brother and more so.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
reply to post by jdposey

We have a spirit within us that wants to do one thing and we end up doing what we don't want to do. I am sure the governor of New York could tell you all about that now since he got busted, huh?

Oh man, yes, I know my heart has changed, over the years, whereas many today might say, "Yes!," to the governor falling like he did, or for that matter, all the men who have fallen in the public's eye over the years, with their wives standing by their side, the only way I find myself responding inwardly now is heartache for both of them. I know in the course of my life, the troubles I have found myself in, have surely come by way of my own doing. Who needs Satan as your enemy when you find you are your worst enemy!

I think if people sat down and got a piece of paper and wrote the pros and cons of what could happen, hopefully they would rethink their temptations. Of course, realizing this now, years ago, I would have just noted all the positive stuff and acted like the other side of the paper didn't exist!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:28 AM
link   
To feel the Holy Spirit is the best feeling anyone could ever experience. This is how I know without a doubt the My God is Alive. I have felt Him. I have felt the Holy Spirit so many times. All these atheist and people who wants to argue with you about God and about the Holy Spirit wouldn’t do it if they ever felt Him. It’s a feeling like no other. When you feel it you know exactly what it is. It is truly the most Amazing feeling you will ever have.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 07:41 AM
link   
originally posted by inverted vav;

Making himself to be GOD yet a sinful mofo..Standing in TEMPLE proclaiming himself to be GOD, ALMIGHTY. The Apostles claimed the same power, no?

That is the antichrist, who will show himself that he is God.
Disciple means 'discipline', we are commanded to not think more highly of ourselves than we should.
Christians CAN be led by the wrong spirit if they become deluded, but, if we live our lives humbly and without sinning everyday(except for mistakes) We will not be without The Good Shepherd, Jeshua!
I have had false visions and dreams, before. If our lives don't match up to scripture, we are backslid!

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Thank you for sharing that! That takes courage beyond measure to share such an intimate experience with our Lord and Savior! Sometimes we doubt what is happening to us, thinking could I have eaten something, am I losing my mind, am I about to die etc etc..So it helps to hear other parts of the body of Messiah going through the same things as us, it is confirming and also reassuring to know we are coming together in these last days-or He (Yahshua) is gathering us together.

It's a quickening of the Spirit. You just wait til the outpouring!!! Be ready and put on the full armour of God. God isn't filling us for no reason, or to be wisked away, there is going to be lot's of work to be done, lot's of pulling out of the fire.

God bless you!

[edit on 14-3-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It literally felt as if my body was entirely full of another presence of understanding and love that it felt like it could not possibly even contain it.

I literally know what you mean.

I've felt this sooooooo many times in my life. Seriously.

Each time when I get infused (can't think of a proper word) I am...what's the term? awake, as with fresh air, still here in my phsyical but above my physical, full of love and knowing...wanting to reach out to those who are in need of help, and reaching out to like-minded souls that strive to walk hand in hand (fellowship/knowledge) with me.

Sorry...I tried to explain it....I don't think I provided the right words.

I think it's when the soul 'hungers'. To be, along side with those that share the same.

I remember feeling and knowing these things at any early age. I always questioned life, the soul, trivial things etc. from the get go.

Never got the 'right responses' that I asked for, still, it never stopped me from pushing 'onward', towards my hunger.

I don't think I'll ever stop being infused. I think that my soul cried out...longggggg ago... and now, I'm being filled to the brim...and then some. It is so beautiful to me.

Sorry if it sounded like ramblings...just wanted you to know how I felt!

~Ducky~

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join