It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gang Members Get Trained in the Army

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Gang Members Get Trained in the Army

news.newamericamedia.org

LOS ANGELES – While hundreds of Mexican soldiers are deserting the army to join drug trafficking gangs, California is facing the opposite problem: A growing number of gang members here have infiltrated the U.S. Armed Forces in order to receive military training.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.blacklistednews.com

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
What is going on here? Letting guys who hate authority into the military to learn how to kill. Don't they do any background screening of volunteers? I didn't think it was that easy to get in. Maybe the military feels desperate times call for desperate measures. they can't feel to good about it when officers start getting killed by their own guys for passing down orders. The one officer was killed in cold blood by a gang member. Pretty scary thought with this story.

news.newamericamedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
At least there will be less bystanders shot in drive-bys. You know, since they've been trained to aim and all now.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Sublime620]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Sublime620

good point. But watch out for an increase in drive by shootings and sniper shots. I wonder if they are getting rid of these guys as they find out they have gang affiliations. Maybe they are joining to straighten themselves out. Who knows for sure. the only thing i know is that the military really needs to ask some better questions.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
My opinion is that gang members aren't going into the military to learn to kill, they already know how. I have many homeboys from my varrio that are in Iraq so they can have a real career when they get back. If the government is worried about gang members being in the military they shouldn't have recruiters target low-income communitys.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
One of the reason for this is the standards that now the military is having to recruit.

Lower standards means more opportunities for people that before would never qualify.

Since 2006 this is becoming a trend.

Army tops recruit goal by lowering standards
Lower test scores allowed, but high school diploma still required

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GRIFOdelNORTE

Good point man. Makes you really wonder who was involved in the recent NYC bombing at that recruiting center.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Thanks for having me put on a watchlist lol. Now I'm expecting the argument that this is an organized effort like that "La Raza Movement" propaganda. Most of my big homies actually speak against joining the military, how are we gonna fight wars abroad when millions of americans are struggling here.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by palehorse23

That is a possibility. Gangs leaders can't exactly be thrilled that the military is stealing new recruits out of their gangs.

Not sure I see one choice being better than the other really. Killing innocent people in the U.S. or killing innocent people in Iraq. Unfortunately those seem to be the only choices that are offered to some of the poor in our country.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Quite honestly, I'm of the opinion that these gang members are joining the military because they are looking for a way out of the gangs that they are in. The only logical step for them is to join the military, as they're the only ones capable enough to defend them from a gang-related murder.

It also fosters their education, which as another member mentioned above me, insures them a job when they get out of the military.

Just my thoughts on this...

TheBorg

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Yea its the recruiters fault for infiltrating the ghettos. This is a result..

In my opinion, start sending prisoners! Were way over-populated! Lmfao.

new topics

top topics

join