It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst way you ever hurt yourself?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   
What is the worst way you have ever hurt yourself?

Sound off here and Spencer Tracy and I may very well discuss your post on the **NEW** BTS Mix Show!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:22 AM
link   
hyper extension of the left elbow.

the ol' radial head went "oooohhhhhh SNAP!"

a few screws and many months later and it was as good as new.... well almost, its held together for 8yrs so i shouldnt complain

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
Shattered my right leg in a motorcyle accident 4 years ago.

Here wanna see....

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:11 AM
link   
I had just given birth to my twins, and 3 weeks later decided to try my hand at skiing. I went up to Ashland Oregon and got a little tipsy at the lodge and decided I would go on out and look for the bunny hills where I was to take my lessons. Instead I saw my then husband and some of his friends going up the lift to I guess dead mans drop (cant remember what it was actually called), anyway I jump on a lift and follow them to the top. Leaping off the lift I somehow make it over to them and surprised they offer me a sip of schnapps to warm my blood. Next thing I know I am sliding down the edge and headed towards a steep incline that almost looked as if it was concave rather than a downward slope. Picking up speed, a tremendous speed, my husband comes casually sliding past telling me to turn my skis in a bit to gage my speed. I couldn't. So making it almost to the bottom of the mountain without falling I had hit top speed and at the foot of the mountain all I see are the tops of very old , very large pine trees. I decided to try the snow plow as suggested and at that point took a tumble sideways, skis remain on, boots remain on so when I stopped I was standing up from the right knee down. I had fallen directly sideways to my right so the knee was dislocated and torn and I was in the snow face down screaming into the snow. Embarrassed I was hauled off by the ski patrol and taken to the on site medic center. Never have I felt such pain, and still to this day I am crippled.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:26 AM
link   
My EGO!..

In Palma majorca.
Walking past a group of yummy girls trying to look cool in shorts n flip flops...

Came to a bunch of well trodden and worn(and shiny) steps..slipped and did a BUTTSLED down all thirty something of them..

ow.ow.ow.ow.ow thump!.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Hmmmmm......................
There are so many.

Chopping a tree down as a preteen in a big field. When it started to actually fall I started to run, and ran into the top string of wire on a fence which consisted of posts and a couple strings of wire clotheslining myself. Yep, that made a mark.

Trying my first big jump on a skislope. Broken collar bone, and arm hurt kind bad.

Playing around with a saw, and accidentally cutting my thumb off. They sewed it back on, but man! That really stunk for awhile.

Getting hit by a car on my bike. That wasn't any fun.

Oh - but my biggest one. Getting married to my wife. OUCH! Now that hurts!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lombozo

Hahaha
Sounds like we were seperated at birth..

Windsurfing..
Cracked my skull,broke my ankle,broke 3 ribs.

Motorbikes..
Removed 50% of my body skin,crushed c3 vertabrae in neck,broke shin,
(Still cutting stones out of eye socket :lol

Fire..
Dislocated and broke right thumb,glass in artery left arm,broke L1 vertabrae kicking in fire door.

Girlfriend
Broke my heart..:shk:

Still kikkin

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I invested heavily in the Nasdaq in 2001.

Still waiting for Nasdaq 5200 again.
:bash: :w:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:36 AM
link   
You guys remind me of my late grandfather.

He was part of a B17 crew in WWII and they were having one of the big USO show / hangar parties, in Italy I think. Anyway, they all got stupid drunk and decided it would be fun to take their B17 for a little joyride. They were on the landing pattern and my grandfather had to pee, so he walked out of the side hatch.

One problem. They were still about 150 feet off the ground.

All was well - he fell into a soft field and passed out. Aside from peeing himself he didn't break a single bone - unlike the time he hit a tree on his motorcycle going 70MPH...but thats another story!

Cheers guys. Thanks for the replies - AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - BE CAREFUL!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Lets see worst way...

Well back in 97 I walked from Kings Cross station in London to Hethrow Airport and then back to grovsner's square one Sunday, in a brand new pair of military issue combat boots. Ended up breaking both of my feet. (kinda sucked)

Got shot in the left leg once by some guy cause I was cutting through his property. (That hurt)

Got drunk one forth of July and fell down part of a mountain. (just ow!)

Wait a minute, theres gonna be a BTS Mix Show?
I never get invited to the party.

[edit on 3/11/2008 by whatukno]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Loll Gosh a few ways,

1 was falling through ice, but that’s not the reason I hurt myself!

It was snowing hard and I was about 10... My brother and I and his friends decided it would be fun to walk on the river,

I fell through! The ice started to crack so the boys ran to the bridge and held on, I call out to my brother and he shouts "you had better get out of there quick!!!!" I respond crying that I can’t and my legs are going numb and im going to drown... He then shouts back "Well you are going to get eaten then! There’s a bunch of killer piranhas’ coming your way!!!!?" I freaking Swam breaking the ice with my fist to the river bank while screaming,

I got out and they all burst out laughing and took me home to recover from Frost bit and cuts, We never did tell our dad what we did loll,

He would have killed us both,

Other than that Broken arms, ankles, Almost drowned in the sea, ect ect lol

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:43 AM
link   
At age 10 I decided to have all my childhood accidents in one year.

1. Ran out of church, got hit by a car. (still have a nice goose egg remnant on the back right side). No bones broken. Flew a nice arc and landed on cement. Fortunately, weighing only 45lbs, it wasn't traumatic. Spent afternoon in hospital, but wasn't really necessary.

2. Fell down 80 foot cliff, when branch broke while climbing up cliff. Was bloodied and stunned, but not hurt that bad. Friends helped me home. Dad, planting hedges in front said 'don't bleed on the carpet'. No broken bones.

3. Stepped on rusty nail. That's a very creepy feeling as is goes through your boot sole and into your foot. Fortunately the boot sole cleaned off the nail. First tetanus shot. Lots of screaming in the Dr's office. I think it was me saying 'no-o--o--o--o' to the shot. Could have been the Doc at seeing me for the third time in a month.

4. Decided to test out whether copper wire would glow, if inserted into overhead light socket. Climbed up on ironing board and bent wire in a U-shape and inserted. One big bang and flash, the ironing board topples and I now have a nice char-boiled pattern on both palms. More screaming by Doc for 4th visit in two months. No broken bones.

5. Jumped off the edge of a community pool, doing a back flip dive. Actually, observers said I went straight up and straight down landing on my back on edge of pool and bounced into water. Remember thinking, 'oh, now I've done it'. No broken bones.

While this may seem a reckless season, it's good to have these kinds of events with a very low body weight.

Pretty much injury/accident free until (knocks on wood) present day.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Ehm... mine are not half as bad as some of the ones posted but whatever.. lol

Cut off part of my index finger by smashing a glass bottle with my bear hands...yes i was quite drunk

Kicking somone so hard i tore all my ligaments in my big toe and smashed most of the bones in my foot but hell...you should of seen the guy i kicked!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:50 PM
link   
My worst was about 7 years old. A house in our neighbourhood was left abandoned I guess and the owners were cleaning out the furniture left behind by the renters. My brothers and I were climbing around the pile of nasty couches and ugly lamps and such. Not sure how we found this amusing... Anyhow, there was an old tv out there with the back off of it. I stepped down onto the ground behind the old tv to reach for this hideous lamp I thought my mom would like, and almost immediately my right ankle/foot felt itchy and tingly. I reached down, scratched my ankle vigourously and continuted trying to reach for this ugly lamp. In the meantime I must've reached up and rubbed my hand on my face and then put it on my brother's arm to support myself. I looked up when I realized my brother was standing totally still and silent. He had this totally horrified look on his face and was looking from his arm to my face. I looked down and realized the hand on his arm was covered in blood. We checked out my hand and saw nothing wrong and then I realized my ankle still was itchy and wet feeling.

I pulled my leg out from behind the tv and there was blood just pouring out of it. My brother screamed like a little girl and ran home lol. I took off behind him trailing blood. My mom came running out front threw me to the ground and wrapped a towel around my leg. She threw me in the car and off to the hospital we went. I remember only a few things...like the doctor grabbing my heel and wiggling....but my foot and leg stayed still. I don't know the exact damage, but I think my heel was hanging on by a few bits LOL I remember after they had numbed it with about 50 pokes of local anesthesia, they then cleaned it all out...and I remembered thinking "oh my god it looks like a boiled hot dog that has split open" (haven't eaten hot dogs since...blech). I don't remember much after that....I ended up with a million stitches inside and outside my ankle. The scar still remains clear as day almost 30 years later..it's about 8 inches long...wrapping under my foot. And it took about 5 years for the bloody footprints to wear off of the sidewalk in a trail to my mom's house.

Oddly enough, I had absolutely no repercussions afterwards and was up and running around on my crutches 5 days later! Horseshoes for sure that day!

Michelle

edit: forgot to add that we went back afterwards and found the culprit. The tv tube had broken and when I put my foot down it was extremely sharp and cut right into my foot. It was so quick that I didn't feel pain at all..just the itchiness from the blood running down my foot

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Michelle129]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Compared to the above stories I have been so very lucky in life. Never had a broken bone, nor stitches..worst ever was a sprained ankle..twice.
But I would have to say the worst I ever hurt myself was staying in a marriage with an abusive man, physically and mentally and letting him do so for 20 years. My scars may not be visible but they are there none the less.

Of course I did fall off the back of a snowmobile once when I was 7 and my dad..who was drunk at the time thought it fun to go for a ride..a real fast one.
Bump on my back and backside..but I had a helmet on lucky for me...or I might be crazier now than I already am!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by kleverone

Kleverone...OWEE!
That would be why everyone tries to tell me "You don't want a motorcycle".

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Hancock

People. They have hurt me the most. I have broken bones in the past, but the pain people can inflict on you is far worse than any broken bone.

I have trusted far too many people in my life, that cause me great hurt.

While a fracture might heal, the mental scars of what people can do to you will, live forever.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Broke both my legs on a motorcycle accident 15 years ago

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
When I was 5 or 6 years old, me and my brother decided we would have a race to see who could get into the house the fastest, I believe we were getting lunch, anyway, the porch was slippery and to slow myself down I put my arm out to stop myself or something like that, well next thing I knew I am bleeding out of my arm after I smashed it through a window, got a nice long scar on my arm for that one.

also, I think 2 years back, I was skiing, with my brother, and he told me to get off and turn right instead of left so we could go down a different run, I get off, dont go far out enough, chairlift swings around and hits me in the back of the head, ended up skiing down the hill thinking I had a bleeding nose.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 10:29 PM
link   
When I was a kid I had a bike that had one of the pedals broken off. All that was left was the peg, and I would leave the bike outside and so it was rusted in several places, including the hand brakes. Sometime before this incident, the back brake cable had broken, so only the front one worked.

Anyhow, my brother and I were out riding our bikes and he kept cutting me off, so I would hit my hand brake and make the front tire slide. About the third time he did this, the front brake cable broke, and I ran into him, which really pissed him off - as if it was my fault. So he rode off and left me there on the ground, slightly bloodied. Well, I tried to get up but couldn't because I was entangled in the bike. Some lady pulled up next to me in her car and asked if I was OK, and I said that I was, then she got this really scared look on her face! I told her that I would probably need a ride home, because my bike was messed up. She suddenly passed out and her car just coasted away - and ran into a parked car a little ways down the road. A bunch of people came out and called for an ambulance and told me to not to move. I kept trying to explain to them that she didn't hit me, but when I tried to get up I realized that I was dragging the bike along with me, because the foot peg had gone through my leg. You can probably figure out the rest of the story - ambulance - stitches - scar that I lie about (looks like a bullet entry/exit wound) Never found out what happened to the lady in the car.

I got a new bike that next Christmas, and I learned to do routine maintenance. I must have learned something too, because I haven't had a car or motorcycle accident since I learned to drive 39 years ago. (I did slide on ice about 6 years ago, but I went through a jeep instead of hitting it - don't ask me how - it was like the jeep was a hologram or something, but that's a story for another thread).

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join