It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The worst way you ever hurt yourself?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Well, my life hasn't been as long as some, only 14 years, but I can say the worst thing to happen to me was when my brother pushed me behind my mothers reversing car, because he was/is a selfish little kid that wanted the front seat.

My foot was on its side when the car ran over it, being that I was pushed aside, and I did a full 360 and tore the tissue in my foot, nothing too bad but I did require crutches and, thankfully, 3 weeks off school.

That is the worst to this day but there have been some other bad ones:

My brother threw a log up in the air for some stupid reason and, yep you guessed it, it smacked into my head, a pretty big cut on my head but no stitches required.

I've had about 6 asthma attacks, nothing too serious...well to me anyway...

Face planted when riding my bike, hit the front brakes and went flying over the handlebars, again, my brother's fault because he was throwing rocks, big rocks, at me on my bike, I slammed on the breaks to avoid one and [I]WHOOSH[/I]...

I have been hit in the nads by my brother's 'rouge' football.

And that is all I can think of...for now.

Roswell.

[edit on 12-3-2008 by roswell1]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:48 AM
link   
Don't think I've ever hurt my self relaly bad.

I almost hit someone with a golf ball though. Boy was he pissed off.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by roswell1
Face planted when riding my bike, hit the front brakes and went flying over the handlebars, again, my brother's fault because he was throwing rocks, big rocks, at me on my bike, I slammed on the breaks to avoid one and WHOOSH...

Gee, thanks for reminding me... the cable to my rear brake broke when I was going down the hill of a dead end street and jammed on the back brake to make the bike slide. I thought quick enough to hit the front brake, which in turn flipped me over the handle bars into the weeds at the dead end. It didn't hurt, but that night I found out that the weeds were poison ivy.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I cut my finger when I was a kid and needed 3 stitches, but that's about it.

I've been in several bad car accidents where people were seriously injured and I walked away without a scratch. I fell off the second story of a roof once hitting branches and landing in a bush, stood up and brushed myself off without any pain.

I was even thrown from a motorcycle in an accident and flew about 25 feet only to land in a ditch full of muddy water. Other than being wet I had no injuries.

For all the stupid things I've done in my life I should be dead, or at least broken a bone or two.
I must just have luck on my side.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I stupidly tried to pry apart two forzen hamburger patties with a butter knife and stabbed through my left hand in the meaty area between the thumb and forefinger. I washed it out, wrapped it in a dish towel and cooked my burger. I also didn't open my hand for three days........I like to think I'm a bit smarter now but it's debatable.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
This will teach you not to be hateful.... (although he started it lol)

When I was younger I tried to kick my brother and instead kicked the grill leg only to
split open the crook of skin by the big toe.

Another time I tried to kick him again and I broke my big toe.

Yet again he made me angry so I took off on his ten speed. Bam, right into a concrete step.
I flew forward and hit the middle bar really hard. Worst part was that I dangled for what
seemed like an eternity since I was too short to touch the ground.

I also flipped my car on it's top. Oddly enough I didn't get a scratch that time.
There was a flip top box of laundry soap in the car though. I never did get it all cleaned out.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 03:17 PM
link   
There are so many:
Stepped on nails, playing with sharp objects, a corn dog stick (I'll tell you about that one in the next show!)

Usually it all began with: "Hey, watch this!"

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Fell completely and totally in love with a man who had NO interest even though I was pregnant. Had my Dad create a shot gun wedding, and then lost all of my 20's and half of my 30's pining away for him and lost out on a lot of great opportunities for relationships because I was just too sad. In other words allowed my heart complete license to morn and grieve at the cost of my youth. The worst part was that the man played me like a fiddle over the years and used me for his own purposes.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Fell completely and totally in love with a man who had NO interest even though I was pregnant. Had my Dad create a shot gun wedding, and then lost all of my 20's and half of my 30's pining away for him and lost out on a lot of great opportunities for relationships because I was just too sad. In other words allowed my heart complete license to morn and grieve at the cost of my youth. The worst part was that the man played me like a fiddle over the years and used me for his own purposes.

Antar honey... that makes two of us.
So to hell with them both..let's PARTY!

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Heres the one to top them all....

Was going to run outside for a quick smoke, pulled on a pair of jeans real quick, no undies... pulled the zipper up and...........

I still cringe

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by xander68

yikes...

I was opening boxes with a boxcutter, pulled some stuff out the box and accidentally dropped that stuff, my automatic reflex was to grab for it with the other hand...however that hand was holding the boxcutter and i stabbed it right into my other palm. 7 stitches.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Speaking the truth. NEVER have I been more hated and despised than when I've simply told it like it is? This world is anathema. Ding, Ding!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:16 AM
link   
fresh off the hospital...fractured my knuckle after hitting a kid in the face...you have no idea how much it hurt...

it was worth it!!

the kid was behind me for an hour flicking me with rubberbands...and well...i snapped...so did my knuckle XD

P.S: Mods, i am NOT promoting violence...

Roswell.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
The worst way I ever hurt myself was when I was a teenager. We had moved into the house my parents were buying in early December, 1971. My brothers and I had bedrooms on the second floor. One day, we were jumping out the second story window and landing in the snowbank by the side of the house. All the while we were doing this, the snowbank was getting smaller and smaller. Then this one time I jumped out and one of my other brothers jumped out at almost the same tim, with me landing on the ground first. My brother then landed on my legs, which forced my left knee into the jagged edge of a tire rim that was almost completely buried in the ground, with the jagged edge out of the ground for about half an inch. Needless to say, my kneecap shattered and the skin on my knee was also ripped open, causing me to start bleeding pretty heavily. I was taken to the hospital where I wound up getting the knee stitched up and my leg getting put in a cast because of the broken kneecap. That's the worst injury I ever gave myself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join