It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel plans 'scandalous' new settlement

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Israel plans 'scandalous' new settlement

www.news.com.au

ISRAEL unveiled plans for a new settlement in annexed east Jerusalem, triggering a chorus of world criticism and warnings it could hamper efforts to restart faltering peace talks.

The project for 400 homes in the Neve Yaacov neighbourhood was announced by the Jerusalem authorities on the heels of plans to build hundreds of new housing units in a Jewish settlement in the occupied West Bank.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
So even after being informed that this decision may be fatal to the peace effort, Israel still continues to build settlements in occupied territories.

Even Germany issued a statement condemning this action.

"Pursuing settlements in the West Bank and east Jerusalem at this point in time is unacceptable. We see it as posing a potential danger to the peace process," foreign ministry spokesman Martin Jaeger said.

For Germany to declare anything Israel does as unacceptable, suprises me to no end.

Israel does not want peace. They want to expand.

CT

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
No takers. Or are the Israel apologists in a meeting trying to find the correct way to spin this story?

CT

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
The Self-Destruction of Israel

Israel's strongest supporters are bringing it to destruction.

* The militarist and virulent nationalist government of Israel is leading its nation into military confrontations and oppressive actions that have no end.
* The large American religious right provides moral and financial assistance to Israel and influences the U.S. congress to approve Israel's policies. This destructive religious force intensifies Israel's conflict with the Moslem world and encourages settlements that provoke terrorist actions against Israel.
* The U.S. government uses its veto to prevent UN Security Council resolutions from restraining Israel's destructive practices. Military and financial assistance support Israel's oppression of the Palestinian people. America's policies fuel the conflagration, drive Israel into deeper conflict with Arab nations and augment world hostility against Israel.
* The Israel Lobby and a legion of Israel followers divert attention from Israel's oppressive operations and influence political groups, national leaders and populations to support Israel. Their support encourages Israel to increase its militancy, which decreases its attention to growing internal problems and isolation from an angered world.

The four forces give Israel the sustenance it needs to pursue its policies. They also mold minds by media campaigns and repetitive propaganda that falsify history. A critical appraisal of the fallacies that shaped the agendas of the "four horsemen of the apocalypse" explains the development of the misguided policies that are endangering Israel's existence. The propaganda efforts started with the Zionist movement.

The Zionist Movement
Note: In this article, Zionism will mean Political Zionism, which advocated a homeland for Jews.

The Israeli government and the large camp of Israel followers pose as heirs to the Zionist experience and consider that experience as a guide to structuring present-day Israel.

Rather than benefiting world Jewry, the Zionist message endangered it.
Nations were uncertain about Jewish citizens, who were regarded by Zionists to have different consciences and different mind-sets then their fellow citizens. Zionism presented Jews as having allegiance to an external ideal, willing to leave their native country if the opportunity became available.

Statistics show the Zionist adventure didn't progress rapidly. The Jewish population in Ottoman Empire Palestine increased by only 60,000 between 1889 and 1914.

The dissolution of the Ottoman Empire changed the situation.

The Western Invasion
Understated, if not hidden from history, is the actual root of the Palestinian/Israeli conflict - the economic havoc that the entry of Jews brought to the Arab population.

www.alternativeinsight.com...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Watch out, God's gonna smite you!!

Seriously, what are we to do? How can we stop them? I feel pretty powerless, myself.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by themillersdaughter

Seriously, what are we to do? How can we stop them? I feel pretty powerless, myself.

Israel cannot be stopped. So pretty much all you can do is be outraged at the arrogance of the Israeli Government.

CT

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Theorist

Why be outraged at just one party/side? Both are complicit in these events...if you want true peace, Tell the Israelis to quit building in unauthorized areas, and have the Palestinians or Hamas stop throwing rockets around.

As long as Israel is dodging rockets, they will continue to build or attempt to build buffer zones, this just fuels Hamas to fire more rockets...and it keeps going...

Blaming Israel is just seeing one side of the conflict.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:32 PM
link   
It is funny actually how Israel works and so the Palestinians, they will build their homes, then they will be blasted again, with casualties and the war saga will never have an end to it.

I am sorry but this seems like an agenda at the expenses of both nations populations.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by deadbang

Why be outraged at just one party/side? Both are complicit in these events

This is true. BUT. I would expect the modern industrialised nation state of Israel to take the moral high ground in a situation like this one.

As long as Israel is dodging rockets, they will continue to build or attempt to build buffer zones, this just fuels Hamas to fire more rockets...and it keeps going...

They are not building a buffer zone. They are building a settlement. A place for people to live. Or in reality, a target for those rockets. Its like they are fishing for terrorism. Dangling bait in front of Hamas, daring them to strike, so when they do, Israel will respond with more settlements.

Originally posted by marg6043
I am sorry but this seems like an agenda at the expenses of both nations populations.

Just wanted to clarify that only one nation is involved. Palestine is not a country, and neither is Hamas.

CT

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:03 PM
link   
[edit on 10-3-2008 by Illahee]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   
The US plan is coming aling nicely so it seems.
First they push for Kosovo Independance in order to set a precedent and now that people are coming to terms with it, now is the time for Israel to do the same. Set up camp, move everyone else along and simply "claim" the land. posession is 9/10th after all. then move on and keep doing the same thing.
To paraphrase the bible "if the US is with me who can be against me?"

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by deadbang

Why be outraged at just one party/side? Both are complicit in these events...if you want true peace, Tell the Israelis to quit building in unauthorized areas, and have the Palestinians or Hamas stop throwing rockets around.

Blaming Israel is just seeing one side of the conflict.

Wrong

Not blaming Israel means you're only seeing one side. One action is furling the other, duh? I mean,

You're saying that if Militants stop throwing rockets, then Israel will stop trying to spread all the way to the rivers?

Israel is going to spread no matter what. (and the bible tells me so...) Sing along!

And they will continue to instigate the palestinians so that when they retaliate, Israel can shine their vilifying spotlight on it and pass it to all the media heads.

Thanks for bringing up both sides though.

AAC

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conspiracy Theorist
Israel does not want peace.

Quite obviously. Every single cease-fire has been broken by Israel. Nearly every peace plan for the region has been scrapped or undermined by Israel.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Saying that the Israelis are uninterested in peace is a ridiculous proposition, for the sole reason that the Israeli army is the most powerful in the region.

Remember when they fought against all 6 of their neighbours at the same time? in 1967? Yup i thought it was pretty bad-ass too

My point is that if Israel didnt want peace, they would have absolutely and utterly annihilated the palestinians by now. Israel just wants border security, which is kind of hard when the enemy is within your midst.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Absolute, thanks for trying to spin my response, but I don't need the help.
I didn't not blame Israel, nor did I blame only Palestine, take the chip off your shoulder man.

I said "Why be outraged at just one party/side? Both are complicit in these events" and both sides are complicit.

Israel IS although erringly trying to build buffers between them and the rockets, it won't work...
Just as erringly Palestine through Hamas thinks that if you keep lobbing rockets over the border eventually Israel will pack up and leave...won't happen either.

I do see both sides of the conflict and both parties are wrong...not just one side...why don't you try taking the blinkers off and stop with the propaganda.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

So your saying that when the PA or Hamas sends in a suicide bomber or fires a rocket into Israel....thats not breaking the peace?

So let me see if I have this right, in your world, if both sides act aggressively towards each other, only one is culpable?

how is it you decide which one?..is it just the one that YOU don't like?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Because all things considered, you should be more outraged with Israel. They are the oppressors of the region. They are doing to the palestinians the same thing the Gastapo did to them in Nazi Germany before they were sent to the gas chambers.

Oppression fuels reaction. Terrorism or Freedom fighting.

RE: 44soulslayer

And the reason they don't kill everyone, is because the world would see their evil horns in public, not just in private anymore.

AAC

[edit on 11-3-2008 by AnAbsoluteCreation]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by AnAbsoluteCreation

Your still only attributing this whole conflict to one side...and I don't buy for a second the Israel should be held to a higher standard argument...thats bias! and completely gives the PA a pass on their actions...their both at fault!

I wish my parents had subscribed to your line of thinking, my older brother used to kick my ass when we were boys, with your line of reasoning I wouldn't have gotten my ass beat along with him when we fought... he's older and was stronger and meaner at the time, therfore he should have been punished not me!...

That lawn dart I threw at him one time was just me trying to make him treat me with some respect...right??

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I wish my parents had subscribed to your line of thinking, my older brother used to kick my ass when we were boys, with your line of reasoning I wouldn't have gotten my ass beat along with him when we fought...

Your example is only apt if your parents gave your bigger stronger brother your bedroom and moved you into a corner in the bathroom.

CT

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

I see your line of thinking and to a degree I can agree with it...but the blame would be to my parents, correct?...or is this another issue of Israel shoould be held to higher standard, and should have told Britian/UN ...nah, we can do without.

starred and flagged for your analogy, don't 100% agree, but I liked it.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by deadbang]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join