It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Arrow Aurora project

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Not sure if this has been mentioned before I did a quick search and could not find it. This weekend I was in the garage cleaning up my shop area and had the TV on. The movie Broken Arrow came on and right in the begining of the movie Christian Slater and John Travolta are boxing. After the bout finishes it cuts to the locker room and in Christian Slater's locker you see a poster advertising the Aurora project. I thought to myself that was weird must be the director poking fun throwing something into the background. Fast forward 10-15 mins when they are piloting their aircraft I forget the exact dialog but John Travolta mentions to Christian Slater that he will never be picked for the Aurora project becuase he has no back bone etc. I thought it was very strange to be addressing the project again and in a more open manner. No real question here just a quirky find that caught me off gaurd.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:10 AM
link   
There are some theorists who say that the "controlling ones" like to rub our noses in how little we know.

Personally I think this is a reference to the Aurora project, which was the codename for the B2 spirit during it's development. Why on earth any ordinary flyboy thinks that he's gonna get a job as a top secret test pilot I do not know, but there you have it.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by MouseOnMars

Personally I think this is a reference to the Aurora project, which was the codename for the B2 spirit during it's development.

Please lets be self consistent.
Aurora is not the B2 or even the B3:-)
Early in the film Broken Arrow, Deakins and Hale take off from Whiteman Air Force Base in a B-3 Bomber (a fictional advanced version of the actual B-2 Spirit stealth bomber) carrying two live nuclear weapons on an evening exercise over Utah.
quote from OP

John Travolta mentions to Christian Slater that he will never be picked for the Aurora project becuase he has no back bone etc

However if you have new information alluding to the B2 Codename in development pleast post a reply

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Eagle1229]

[edit on 11-3-2008 by Eagle1229]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Eagle1229

I'm not exactly clear on what your objection to my post is... "Project Aurora" WAS the project name of the B2 spirit when it was in it's real life development... I was just saying that I think that was the reason for choosing that name for the project in the film.

I haven't seen the film, so I'm just speculating. I don't really understand how I can fail to be self consistent when my post contained only two unrelated paragraphs?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Care to provide a link? I've never heard it called Project Aurora. Senior Ice on the other hand is publically acknowledged as Northrop's contribution to the ATB program.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
According to Ben Rich Aurora was the B-2 budget line item before the program went public. No, I have no links, but it was in Skunk Works, and I've read it in one or two other books as well.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 04:10 AM
link   

I guess I was startled to hear that the funding for the ATB Bomber Lockheed Skunkworks proposed was called Project Aurora. Ben Rich does confirm this, I was confused when you referred to Lockheed Aurora and B2 Spirit in the same breath, as Lockheed had nothing to do with the B2 Spirit It was Northrup that won the ATB contract and went on
to produce the B2 Spirit, Its possible Lockheed would have also called it a B2S
B2 Skunk:-) if they had won the bid.

[edit on 13-3-2008 by Eagle1229]

new topics

top topics

join