It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How would you like the disclosure to be handled?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by andre18
Something that just occurred to me….what makes the elites so special that they can handle the truth but we can’t?

A control structure and the means to use it. It isn't about us being able to handle the truth, it is about how trivial their backward games will be, their stupid and destructive politics, their policies toward other countries..All of it. It would all fall on it's face. Because things would just not be the same anymore. It's why I think exo politics are a good thing to get into.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I hear plenty of talk about how we aren’t ready for the truth, but then the elites are….that they are able to accept the truth about aliens but we aren’t……doesn’t sound right, why can they handle it but we can’t? doesn’t make sense

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
GOOD QUESTION!!!!! However, we're talking mass hestria here. It's like freeing your mind to early from the matrix.....does more damage than good.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Like I said, it isn't that people can't handle it. I'm willing to bet most people would go HOLY S***! and move on. Because we have families to feed, we can't do that by freaking out, we have lives to lead, businesses to run and joints to smoke. I don't think people are just going to drop everything for the sake of some new knowledge...Does that not sound stupid to anyone else? Yes things will change on this world, probably, in the long run, for the better. But what won't change is the poor people, our families that require our attention, and our jobs that require we do them. I don't see that changing for me. The world will take the blow, and it will heal.

But it isn't about that. It's not that we can't handle it, or that they think we can't. It's the fact that they have a control structure set up, and a revelation of this kind would severely hurt their efforts. It politics baby! POLITICS, POLI(Meaning many) and TICS(Meaning blood thirsty creatures that eat you alive).

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I think there are some people who will freak over this. And some people who aren't ready. Mostly the "asleep" people. The ones whos lives will fall appart because they'll realise that the goverment actually lied to them!And they don't love them after all.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I don’t believe there will be a single poor person on the face of the earth a few years after disclosure happens because free energy will be available…..people will be able to buy houses at a few thousand because of the cheapness of the cost to build them with the new technologies, less stress because you wont have to work for a living and general stuff like that.

posted on Mar, 17 2008 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Yes but none of that is going to happen over night. Free energy isn't going to end the woes of the world. We still have cultural differences to work out. We still have injustices and inequities to work out. And what is the face of disclosure anyway? Would it stand to reason that the government would use it as a form of control? A Great Deception if you will?

I think we should be careful not to idealize Disclosure as we would any new knowledge. This is a wholly different animal.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 12:41 AM
link   

We still have cultural differences to work out.

And its because of these differences that disclosure hasn't happened yet, if we can't even accept each other imagine then how can we acknowledge aliens - the kkk would be going loony....

Imagine Texans towards aliens – “where’s your bible?”

Not only racial issues but there are tribes in Africa and the Amazon that still live back in 5000 BC. I’m guessing we’ve got one too many problems we have to deal with before we even think we’re ready for aliens….

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:15 AM
link   
Personally, i'd like to see the disclosure not handled at all.

As in, the Aliens come down out of space, colonise some island in the pacific, and the rest of them bugger off, leaving us with a small ambassadorial colony for us to learn from.

It doesn't matter how we do it, so long as we do it.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:35 AM
link   
How would I like the disclosure be handled? Personally, I know 'they' are here already and have been for long time; I've post it on ATS already. When you wrap your head around the possibilities of such a matter, it begins to create HUGE amount of questions.

I think they are disclosing it already to people they know can handle it already through some sort of program and those people will in turn, tell someone else, and that someone will probably laugh it off, till years later, they too will have an encounter. This is intresting, because of all the years I've asked myself thousand questions, I never actually thought of this subject or any of these ideas until now.. hmmmm....

Some how, 'they' predetermined who will be ready at what age to reveal the mystery/mysteries which surround the 'Alien Agenda'. Like I said above, they are allowing disclosure to be leaked extremely slowly.

I would much prefer for the MIBs to contact me as a long lost friend of mine and break it to me easy 'cuz the SH** I've been through, I wouldn't wish on anyone. LOL Anyways, I think 'they' pick fairly credible people in small communities/towns which can/will have fairly decent impact on the skeptics to help persuade them. I know a few people I've talked with over the years, have gave me a look of .. "you kidding me..!?" when I told them of such matters I've encountered. It's mind conditioning they need. I personally believe that all the sci-fi stuff started as disinfo programs to help the general public accept the fact that there was some sort of 'alien agenda'. I base this THEORY on the book 'The Day After Roswell'.

Now that I think about it, they would have to know how to look into the future and determine who had or was going to be able to have such a mind set to 'free' the minds of others.

The question with me is, it's not that I want to know if they exist, I'm waiting for them to tell us what the agenda is..................................

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Interesting question, one we all think about I'm sure, do what I have done recently, out of curiosity if you haven't already....I asked a close relative, who has seen a UFO back in the 50's, why, when, how where and what will they say, if they disclose and why do you think that etc...This relative believes firmly that we are being visited, that the government is covering up decades of evidence and he answered me, yes they should disclose, this is how etc...

Then I asked another close relative, not really interested in the subject, very religious, never seen a UFO, has no clue the history etc...She actually told me, why do you care? If the government DID disclose that, yes, we are not alone, how would that change anyone's life, after the initial panic? I was stunned. She also said, I don't BLAME the government if they kept this information secret and continue to, what if anything could we do about it anyway, especially if they are just hear "studying us like cattle"?

Then I asked just a friend, blue collar guy, probably doesn't even know what the Hubble is, or what it does...could care less, just your typical average Joe off the street going about his business, believing everything he sees and hears on network news etc...and I asked HIM, what if you sat down with dinner and NBC Nightly News and the President at that time interrupted the broadcast, addressing the WHOLE nation, world etc and said, "We are not alone in the Universe and we have been hiding proof of this and here's some proof", what would your reaction be....and he said "That's absolutely ridiculous in the first place, like that would EVER happen", and he laughed and asked me if I had been "spending too much time on that darn Net again" lol...I am sure you all have discussed this with people you know and probably gotten a big cross-section of reactions, interesting isn't it?

I think/hope we've grown as a people since the War of the World's broadcast, but I often wonder, does the average Joe even care, even if they knew? When %30-%50 of the population, depending on what poll you read, doesn't even know and can't tell you who the Vice President is...I am wondering, would they even care or would things even change? I doubt it ...and it makes me sad.

posted on Mar, 18 2008 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by andre18

Disclosure should be handled in a manner that is inclusive toward 'open source' community, and as democratic as possible. I know it sounds really strange, but that's all I'm going to say regarding this matter.

I expect it will be an evolution rather than a revolution (unless it's an emergency), kinda like the school system, kindergarten - it's fun, then elementary - still fun, then high school - more serious, and so on and so forth.

edit to add:

Asia should get the first priority, so basically it'll be from the east to the west, south to north. It means south america will get the disclosure before the northern part. I prefer it that way.

[edit on Tue, 18 Mar 08 by Jazzyguy]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Jazzyguy

I always suspected it would go America then Europe – Australia – Asia etc
But then again it doesn’t matter which country goes first because it will be on the net as soon as the first country goes public no matter what country that is….

Then it’s just a matter of seconds before it’s on ATS

[edit on 19-3-2008 by andre18]

posted on Mar, 19 2008 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by andre18

No, I'm actually not talking about sudden disclosure. If it's sudden, ats probably will be the first one to pick it up.

On second thought, forget the east to west stuff, Let's go with the environmentalists first. Yes, that's it, the environmentalists first.

Why not.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join