It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics clean-up Chinese style: Inside Beijing's shocking death camp for cats

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Whats wrong with eating cats or dogs? I agree owners shouldn't be *forced* to do it...but if they want to send their kitties away to the slaughter house to bu turned into meat....so what? We do the exact same with farmers and cows etc...

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
That's a lie it the same girl but with a different wig on to look like a different person they don't eat while they are alive they eat them cooked

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lethil
Whats wrong with eating cats or dogs? I agree owners shouldn't be *forced* to do it...but if they want to send their kitties away to the slaughter house to bu turned into meat....so what? We do the exact same with farmers and cows etc...
You're right, coming from a completely logical, emotionless viewpoint. Animals are animals.

But cows are not widely accepted to be companions; they are widely accepted to be a resource. In other words, most people don't consider cows to be part of the family, like they do with cats and dogs. Companionship is where the difference lies.

posted on Nov, 11 2008 @ 07:45 PM
link   
My pet Cow takes enormous offense to that comment...

Seriously, I think the Native Americans had some of the better views (of course tribes varied) but animism in general...

I'm not into human companion treats like cat or dog

But I DO believe our diet of Chicken, Pig, Cow... basically retarded, foul animals...helps make us what we are...

I'd prefer, free range like Buffalo for meat...free spirited and wild fowl, even wild turkey (not the booze) as bird meat

I seriously think part of what the American diet is...makes many of ...allot like what we eat, Cows, Chicken and Pigs

But eating an emotional creature like a cat or dog is just wrong.... all that having been said

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by mopusvindictus
What if all animals are emotional? What makes cats and dogs emotional, but not cows?

Ill tell you what it is. It's not so much their emotion, as it is your emotion for them, hence, companionship.

In other words, cows have emotions too, but we don't give a damn about them (their emotions) because we see them as a resource, and overlook it.

posted on Nov, 12 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   
"The Greatness of a nation and it's moral Progress can be measured by the way it treats it's animals" - Mahatma Gandhi

As an animal lover, I can't find the words to say. Horrifying, Disgusting, Barbaric....I truly hope these monsters eventually get a taste of their own medicine. Inhuman bastards!!

I tried boycotting chinese products (for reasons pertaining to both animal cruelty and human rights violations, but everything seems to be made there or at least has components that are made there

I'm not sure if ATS as a whole is censored in china (someone on this thread claimed to be from there), but if it isn't, this thread should do it.

EDIT: Rearing an animal for meat is one thing.....subjecting them to inhumane living conditions and barbaric methods of slaughter is just plain wrong

[edit on 12-11-2008 by AnubisOfTheEastandWest] - removed angry insults

[edit on 12-11-2008 by AnubisOfTheEastandWest]

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join