It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Olympics clean-up Chinese style: Inside Beijing's shocking death camp for cats

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Blaine, I was just about to make a similar post, like this:

I once saw on TV a report on Chinese cruelty, it show a cat being clubbed, but not effectively, then dipped alive and fully conscious into a vat of boiling water then flayed (de-furred) The scene of this cat suffering was awful to see.
I put myself into that vat, in my mind, it stung badly, unbearable pain!

That image is burned into my mind permanently, I saw this some years ago.

It wouldn't be so bad if none were made to suffer, I am a man of empathy, I also own 5 cats and love them all.

It's not so much that they need, or feel the need to cull them, but let people keep their beloved pets, and humanly thin the rest.

It makes you wonder how they can be that barbaric.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'll just add my 2 bits to this fascinating discussion.

In the first half of the 20th century, there was also the stereotype of Germans (as well as Asians) eating dog meat. It has its basis in fact; and the fact that dog meat was known as "blockade mutton" in Germany should give one an idea of the cause behind the practice. Allied propagandists in both World Wars were quick to depict "evil dog-eating Huns" - as if Americans and British wouldn't do they same if their usual food supplies were curtailed.

Another controversial meat tabooed in some cultures but not others is horse meat.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by IAmTetsuo

The French eat dog meat, and in fact there have been several cases of McDonalds selling Horse Meat in hamburgers in France.

Its not exactly Taboo over there, yet it is.. just one of those weird French things i suppose......

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:33 PM
link   
as i have said i am a hunter. i believe it is my right as supreme predator on earth to kill and eat any animal i choose too( except humans of course lol)
but i do not agree with torturing animals- that is wrong. they should be killed swiftly and as humanely as possible. i don't really even agree with our steer farms, chicken farms, veal farms etc. they are a concentration camp for animals. but alas we need to eat.
as for china i still believe they are just cleaning up the city for the ioc- but after as much has been said will it do any good? will the ioc take notice?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I don't understand why they don't just let them run around during the olympics, cats are cute! Are they attacking people?? Sheesh. They've enough people needing work that they can pay someone a dollar a day to scoop the poop, don't they?

Yes, it seems barbaric to us, because of cultural differences. But, most people don't realize that chihuahuas were bred in Mexico for no other reason than to eat them. I don't know why, because they're so skinny! Can't imagine how satisfying they would be, except it would be nice to not have to hear that yapping. I don't know if they still routinely eat them.

Some Native American tribes raised bitches solely for the litters they would produce...giving the brains to the eldest as they were considered a delicacy. Barbaric? Maybe, but not to them.

If we (well, not me, because I'd not go anyway) boycott the Olympics, how is that going to help the feral cats? Not one whit.

Personally, I thnk we should boycott China for human rights violations. But that would seem a little hypocritical of us when we condone the practice of torture and rendition, ourselves. Not to mention the practices of our own meat industry: www.themeatrix.com

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:27 AM
link   
it never seizes to amaze me that so many people in the world have such a disregard for human and animal life. people think it is normal to treat people/animals like this. i am an animal lover and i hate to see pictures of animals being killed just for living. China should learn what a condom is and stop having so many children and maybe they wouldnt be in the predicament they are in. the only good thing about chinese are their food, im sorry but this is the way i feel. most of them kill *domesticated* animals like nothing.. and for what? an event that happens once every some odd years.... 2012 cant come soon enough

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

Actually, in China you are allowed only one child. If you get pregnant again, they'll come take you by force and give you an abortion. Pretty brutal. On the other hand, if they were Christians they'd be 'going forth and mutiplying' in the name of God, thereby causing an even larger population explosion that the earth can't keep up with.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:59 AM
link   
ya ive heard about that... but how the hell did their population get so big so fast if they can only have one child????

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:16 AM
link   
i dont know where the pictures and the article are from. i am a beijinger.

admittedly, there are really some vagrant cats in beijing. but it is not so severe that even affect city environment. and there are some charitable institutions such as little animal protection insititution dedicating to sterilize the cats and care them in some specific places. i never heard of something like holocausting the cats to clean up city for olympic.

as far as eating cats is concerned, i heard of such thing actualy. but it is not popular in china, even not acceptable in 99.99% areas. dont hold any bias on china. we are the same civilized people in the world in spite of the difference of political system.

we really hope to host a excellent olympic game and make friends with all the people outside. your western media always like to blur china, i really cant understand. when do we begin to be hostile to each other? why?

welcome to beijing to discover a true beijing. we might be poor in some area but never disgusting.

peace.

[edit on 11-3-2008 by wwssii]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Sator

Next time you are at a mirror, look at your teeth. You have the teeth of an Omnivore. Meat is part of your natural diet. ... If we were to remove animal protein from the worlds diet overnight a huge part of the population would immediately starve.

Yes Blaine, I know all of that.
I don't have a problem eating meat, and I actually enjoy it very much.

And I agree with you on some things, for example: the thing I can't stand is the cruelty and abuses that are carried out to "collect" our food.

Perhaps I did not make it completely clear on my post.

Peace

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by wwssii

Thank you for your comments

A few questions though.

This article was posted by Fred T on page one, is it acurate?

Demolished

If this is happenning to citizens of China, is it not believable that a cat and dog round-up is happenning aswell?

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Swatman

We've gone off-topic, but I don't understand why you think China's population has grown 'so big, so fast'. China is an ancient civlization (and a HUGE country) with billions of people. If billions of people even have 1 child per couple, population grows. The one child per couple thing is not that old, and it was instituted for the betterment of the country...being able to feed, care for, and improve the standard of living for everyone involved (not to mention the rest of the planet as far as resources go).

If we're that worried about population, maybe Americans should stop having so many children just because they can. There's a trend (in America) to have more kids as a status symbol...just like driving a Hummer! Most Christians believe they should 'go forth and multiply'. Even our government will limit the amount of aid sent to countries that counsel women on abortion in health clinics, making it harder for women to end unwanted pregnancies. Which, of course, leads to more population...especially amongst poverty stricken women who cannot even afford to feed the children they have.

It seems brutal, but they KNOW that's the law in their country, so it's their choice to be in that position. The women involved refused to go have it taken care of when it would have been the best time to do it (early in their pregnancy). That was their choice, we all have to live with our choices .

(I'm totally amazed that a Beijinger can access this website!)

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by themillersdaughter
(I'm totally amazed that a Beijinger can access this website!)

Sorry, but that is kind of pitiful to me as a world traveler who has accessed the internet from grass huts in third world countries, and seen isloate tribal peoples drinking coca-cola. It's also all about 10 times cheaper! You guys in developed countries don't understand how much you are getting screwed pricewise!

No offense.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hmmm....

Not much I can say. I think Japanese dolphin slaughter is far worse. But it's still cruel all the same...

Hopefully they gas the cats and let them die painlessly. Knowing the Chinese government, they would just as soon toss them into a meat grinder.

Tsk tsk.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver
Hmmm....

Not much I can say. I think Japanese dolphin slaughter is far worse. But it's still cruel all the same...

Hopefully they gas the cats and let them die painlessly. Knowing the Chinese government, they would just as soon toss them into a meat grinder.

Tsk tsk.

Yeah. Gas the Jews and let them die painlessly too. Maybe 60 years in the future you will subscribe to killing the manschringh for a warranted death.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mr. Ree
Yeah. Gas the Jews and let them die painlessly too. Maybe 60 years in the future you will subscribe to killing the manschringh for a warranted death.

Did you just compare the killing of cats to the HOLOCAUST?

Oh man. That is sad. Take that garbage out of here.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr. Ree

None taken! I didn't mean I was surprised a Beijinger would be CAPABLE of accessing the site. I meant I am surprised that it's available for public consumption, since it has such a diversity of political opinion posted. I was under the impresson (obviously erroneously) that the free exchange of ideas (including, but not limited to, opinions that are not positive toward the Chinese government) was not encouraged in China and 'this type' of websie would be blocked.

I'd like to be aworld traveler someday

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Two, maybe three years ago I watched a report on television that showed a video of dogs being prepared in China. They were dipping them live into vats of hot peanut oil to make removing the hide easier. There was no emotion on the faces of those dipping them.

That is one of the worst things I have ever read. I love dogs if you have ever loved a dog you can understand its nearly human nature. To eat one would be like cannibalism. Let alone cook them in oil alive without emotion? My mind just cannot get around what some people are capable of.

I wish they would come round up my barn cats though....jk.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldOver

Originally posted by Mr. Ree

Did you just compare the killing of cats to the HOLOCAUST?

Oh man. That is sad. Take that garbage out of here.

Not really. I was comparing the concept of a painless death for those lives that are unwanted to the point where there are mass killings, whereas particular unwanted groups tend to vary over the scope of history.

I don't particularly value a human over a cat. We all have our place.

posted on Aug, 6 2008 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by biggie smalls

I am a cat lover and I am disgusted. This is so stupid and cruel. The cats havent done anything wrong but are being killed for the olympics. I would much rather the cats live than them killing them and the olympics continuing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join