It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Common Sense...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Using common sense... Yes I think this is a good thing... It helps filter out all the nonsense and opens your eyes to what is truly important right now and in the near future....

For example, Aliens... Do they exist?

Common sense says yes they do and in large numbers. We are finding that life is much more common and abundant in places we once thought life could not exist... The bottom of the ocean for example... No sun light, only the heat from volcanic vents... In some places there aren't even volcanic vents and there is life... Once believed it took sun light to produce life we have found that in fact it doesn't...

Another example is the technology we're developing to discover new planets and solar systems... What we're finding is every star targeted thus far, has planets... We have also figured out much more about our own planet to know that the possibility of finding a planet like ours is considerably high... There are billions of stars in our own galaxy and then billions of galaxies... If there was only 1 solar system like ours with 1 planet like ours in each galaxy that would be billions of civilizations... hmmm... Common sense...

God ties into this... He may have made us here on this planet in this galaxy in this solar system, but didn't he create us in his image? Wouldn't common sense tell you that by doing this we would also have the same curiosities as he would? The same ideas and thought processes? Now ask yourself, would you create only one civilization and create everything else for nothing? Would there be a reason for other stars and solar systems? To me that would be insane... If it were me I'd create a bunch of civ's, all different kinds!

The point being Aliens do exist and we need to be concerned about them and the activities that take place between them and our civilization....

Another major issue and something common sense helps out with is Planet-x or Nibiru... Does it exist? Well hmm, lets see there was that one press release in 84 and there have been many scientific and historical backings which more or less prove it does exist... The fact that scientists understand our solar system so well and have recently told us they believe we are part of a 3 star system, Our sun, planet-x (dwarf star) and jupiter (infant star) and how unique it is due to the fact that we have a baby star, a functional star and more or less a dead star... There have been pictures of the planet taken from the south pole observatories... Common sense anyone? Just because CNBC or CNN or Fox hasn't reported it as true doesn't mean it isn't coming... Have you noticed how the weather is changing... Tornado's in new places, droughts and flooding, 5% decrease in magnetic field, earthquakes on the rise, more hurricanes and hurricanes in new oceans... Not only are there strange happenings on earth but there have been changes in all of the planets... Atmosphere changes among other things... Common sense says, yes it's coming and it's causing changes on our planet and all of the other due to it's large gravitational pull... You won't hear about in the major news until it's too late to do anything...

yes this means our pole is shifting and our planet is getting pissed off... There is a good chance our magnetic field will decrease and shift which will expose us to massive amounts of radiation from the sun... The passing of the planet is most likely the cause of all the earth changes... We are not helping the problem much either by polluting as much as we do... It's a fact that the oceans are dieing and extinction of species is higher than ever recorded in history...

Common sense says this is the end times, the time of the return of God, the battle of good and evil, a complete and global change and a new beginning... We all can feel it... Don't you ever say to yourself of someone you know, man it sure feels like something is going to happen? I know I feel it... The proof is out there, now prove me wrong...

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:29 AM
link   
DAMN!

YOU'RE THE SEXIEST UNCLE SAM I'VE EVER SEEN!

Do you see this man people? I was only able to read the first paragraph before I will indefinetly state,

This man needs to be our president.

Yipe!!!!!!!!!! ELECTRIC UNCLE SAM OWNS YOU ALL!

(for the moddies, my use of the word sexy and damn is only because i believe we are all old enough to know how they can be used sparingly and in a correct manner, =))

[edit on 9-3-2008 by someguy4]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ElectricUncleSam

Common sense I find is what a lot of people are lacking these days.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I'm surprised nobody else has posted on this... No neigh sayers or debunkers going to disprove any of what is said in this post?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
Most of that is common sense. Planet X? Not so much. People keep forgetting that the article in '84 was a "If we got this right, then there is another planet out there in a standard orbit around the sun affecting these planets". Which, as it turned out was "Oops, we didn't get this right, it looks like there really are only nine planets after all." Which then became eight when we realized there's a large belt of objects outside of our solar system.
Followed by a lot of material that follows the "if then" formula. Do we know it's out there? Is there any proof of it Or that it'll come by and destroy us all or whatever? No.
My guess why no other nay-sayers have posted is very simply they have gotten tired of repeating themselves to the same arguments. Fact is, from what I've seen, a similar weather cycle occurred at the beginning of the last century. Don't believe me? Look up Pig Island in New York. It was erased due to hurricane. We had a hurricane here in Florida that was quite possibly worse than Ivan.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by RuneSpider]

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 12:05 AM
link   
I totally agree with your well paraphrasing of the Drake Equation.
but I have also been know to jump on the "debunk planet x at all cost" band wagon, but that is usually when the threads also claim that it is inhabited and the poster pinpoints the year, day and hour that it will collide with the earth.
I also believe, however, that it is not impossible that another large planet could be out there. As Rune Spider suggested we have only relatively recently discovered the Kuiper Belt and even more recently the Oort cloud of which we dont really know much. This said, I think it is a little premature to say another planet doesnt exist. Collision course however? Yet to be determined. Inhabited? Give me a break! Common Sense? More likely undeterminable yet hopeful speculation.
Before anyone asks, no, I dont have any splinters from the fence yet..

Good thread idea BTW!

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 01:54 AM
link   
Good Post i believe it is true that the majority of the people on this world have their common sense meters turned off there just seems to be to much information coming in for people to really grasp.

The only comment i have to question is on the topic of the aliens and the fact that you stated that basically..

God ties into this... He may have made us here on this planet in this galaxy in this solar system, but didn't he create us in his image? Wouldn't common sense tell you that by doing this we would also have the same curiosities as he would? The same ideas and thought processes? Now ask yourself, would you create only one civilization and create everything else for nothing? Would there be a reason for other stars and solar systems? To me that would be insane... If it were me I'd create a bunch of civ's, all different kinds!

now it may be just me but after reading this the post kind of felt contradictory only due to the fact that if common sense was used you may have looked into the bible first before commenting on it.
one little point is that you are creating God in your image as you stated "if it were me" the one amazing point your missing is that God did only create us as unique one of a kind human beings. sure there may be other life forms on other planets but nothing capable of making moral choices, having intellect, emotion, and a will.

All I'm trying to say is don't be concerned about whats on other planets when we got plenty to be concerned about right here. At the moment the only aliens iv actually seen are the ones invading America.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by fLANKED

now it may be just me but after reading this the post kind of felt contradictory only due to the fact that if common sense was used you may have looked into the bible first before commenting on it.
one little point is that you are creating God in your image as you stated "if it were me" the one amazing point your missing is that God did only create us as unique one of a kind human beings. sure there may be other life forms on other planets but nothing capable of making moral choices, having intellect, emotion, and a will.

All I'm trying to say is don't be concerned about whats on other planets when we got plenty to be concerned about right here. At the moment the only aliens iv actually seen are the ones invading America.

When I was talking about God I was not trying to create him in my image, I was simply stating that we are created in his and most likely have the same processes of thought to a certain degree of him... And I was trying to give an example of how most humans would probably choose to create more than one civilization if they could... Not that I am creating God in my image... Just an example of how common sense could lead you to assume God has created more than just humans on more planets throughout the galaxy...

I also agree, we have a ton to worry about here... Maybe all these types of distractions are to keep us occupied so we don't actually pay attention to the real dangers in the world right now... Maybe it is some ploy by the NWO to mask us of the even deeper truth... I've heard the setup for the NWO is so radical no matter which way things go we end up helping them in the long run... Maybe, I'm just recalling something I heard and could be wrong...

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 12:47 AM
link   
alright ill put it in a simple way.
One major purpose we have on this planet is to raise a family and the most common family consists of a father (God) a mother (Earth) and 2 little kids (Human Beings) now for the father its hard enough to keep control of this little family let alone go of to another city miles away to raise and control a second little family.
Now put that on a universal scale do you really think God can be bothered with having to deal with 2 nagging wives always running out of shopping (resources) and 2 sets of kids always fighting, complaining and asking for things. If i was God id stick with the one family i got now that seems like common sense but then again i could be wrong.

i think one of the most special things that God has done for us is made us unique and i find it funny yet sad that for basically all of our existence now we continue trying to throw that back in his face. No wonder the guys a little upset all he wants is to tell us is he loves us and that we are unique and special and we cant help but act like that annoying girlfriend i know you have all once had that just continues to reply with "no I'm not".

hope that wasn't to simple for you guess thats just God in my image.

One last thing just on the subject of the NWO i agree with you that no matter what we do the outcome is going to be the same see i have the view of the NWO basically being the devil and boy has he had a long time to plan this out and he sure has planned it to a tee just unlucky for him he cant change the future because well no matter what he does the outcome will be the same. poor little fella just doesn't understand.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by fLANKED
alright ill put it in a simple way.
One major purpose we have on this planet is to raise a family and the most common family consists of a father (God) a mother (Earth) and 2 little kids (Human Beings) now for the father its hard enough to keep control of this little family let alone go of to another city miles away to raise and control a second little family.
Now put that on a universal scale do you really think God can be bothered with having to deal with 2 nagging wives always running out of shopping (resources) and 2 sets of kids always fighting, complaining and asking for things. If i was God id stick with the one family i got now that seems like common sense but then again i could be wrong.

i think one of the most special things that God has done for us is made us unique and i find it funny yet sad that for basically all of our existence now we continue trying to throw that back in his face. No wonder the guys a little upset all he wants is to tell us is he loves us and that we are unique and special and we cant help but act like that annoying girlfriend i know you have all once had that just continues to reply with "no I'm not".

hope that wasn't to simple for you guess thats just God in my image.

One last thing just on the subject of the NWO i agree with you that no matter what we do the outcome is going to be the same see i have the view of the NWO basically being the devil and boy has he had a long time to plan this out and he sure has planned it to a tee just unlucky for him he cant change the future because well no matter what he does the outcome will be the same. poor little fella just doesn't understand.

Good reply!

I agree with you that most would enjoy a life with 1 wife and 2 kids and your common sense behind that... I do believe this is what most people would enjoy, I know I would be ok with 1 wife and couple kids, but wouldn't be able to handle much more than that... That is common sense... And yes I have had a nagging girlfriend before as has everyone else and that goes both ways I'm sure...

Lets take this a little further, considering the way of the lord would be that of 1 wife and children due to the fact that the lord always chooses the correct path and common sense says the correct path would be to only have 1 wife and children... With that said, consider the amount of individuals who partake in multiple relationships... There are people who marry more than one woman and have children with them all. Some mormon's live this life style. Then take all the people who cheat having more than one relationship at a time. Now who do you think would want more than one wife? Satan maybe? Seeing as having multiple relationships is not the way of the lord, but is the way of Satan would that mean all other civilizations are those created by Satan? That this is all part of the big deception? Think about that and get back to me, thanks for you post!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Well the way i look at it the devil doesn't have the power to create other civilizations (aliens) he deceives us into thinking he does one thing he does have over us tho is sin (greed,power) which can be a real influence in our lives and effects the way we think and feel hence he can cause US to create other civilizations.

There will come a time when we will see ufo's in the sky and will have aliens from other planets arrive but don't be fooled all they will be is from our own planet genetically modified possibly demons themselves flying in spaceships created by us in some way its a way i guess for Satan to truly bring us all together under a one world government to fight the common enemy that can come at anytime anywhere they will call them galactic terrorists i guess a never ending fight on yet another invisible enemy that can come whenever they please. Don't forget the Christians tho we will be the ones that get caught in the crossfire the ones not willing to bow before the beast and will be considered "terrorists" now that will be the great deception.

i hope that gave some response to your comment as i have said before we have no need to be scared or worried of the devils plan because it is already written in stone that he will fail and all that follow him will fall just don't be fooled by the signs and wonders that you see in the sky.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Okay then...

1. I dont believe in god.....so its common sense for me to not be worried about armageddon or the third antichrist, the second coming etc. So dont try and convince me otherwise.....to do so would imply you have no common sense

2. I agree that aliens exist. I think there is a little bit of proof, and I have seen aircraft that I can not explain. I dont think its common sense that you have to believe in them, its just personal preference

3. Planet X is the one of the biggest load of BS on this website. There is no evidence, several contradictions and if it was visible from the south pole, it would be visible from the entire southern hemisphere....thats common sense backed with scientific evidence. For example, in the entire southern hemisphere you can see the Southern Cross star constellation.....yet you cant see a starsupposedly closing in on earth....common sense tells me it doesnt exist

4. Weather, my speciality. As a meteorologist I can't definently say that the weather is changing as climate records do not date back that far, so we cant tell if this is part of some long term warming and cooling phase. Droughts and floods are occuring due to the El Nino/ La Nina weather cycles....not magnetic fields. And I do know that tornadoes do occur all over the world and are not restricted to the same places like you implied. Where are these "new oceans" you speak of, where these hurricanes are happening?

5. You tell us to prove you wrong, yet you have not put together one single piece of evidence or any links to support your "facts". If you had that much common sense, I think you would have thought about that

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:18 AM
link   
I just thought it was pretty funny / ironic that a thread titled "using common sense" is in skunk works category.
sorry, thats all I have to add

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 02:19 AM
link   
For common sense to work the thing you research must be in common use. What do I mean? Watch, the universe is an endless place as far as the telescope can see. It is only common sense to assume that another civilization exists.

Another major issue and something common sense helps out with is Planet-x or Nibiru... Does it exist? Well hmm, lets see there was that one press release in 84 and there have been many scientific and historical backings which more or less prove it does exist... The fact that scientists understand our solar system so well and have recently told us they believe we are part of a 3 star system, Our sun, planet-x (dwarf star) and jupiter (infant star) and how unique it is due to the fact that we have a baby star, a functional star and more or less a dead star... There have been pictures of the planet taken from the south pole observatories...

This however is not common sense because "Planet-X" is not common. In order for this to work it has to be a common thing hence the common.

IE. You cut your finger....common sense would be to use rubbing alcohol.

See? common sense does work.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Equinox99]

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Okay then...

1. I dont believe in god.....so its common sense for me to not be worried about armageddon or the third antichrist, the second coming etc. So dont try and convince me otherwise.....to do so would imply you have no common sense

2. I agree that aliens exist. I think there is a little bit of proof, and I have seen aircraft that I can not explain. I dont think its common sense that you have to believe in them, its just personal preference

3. Planet X is the one of the biggest load of BS on this website. There is no evidence, several contradictions and if it was visible from the south pole, it would be visible from the entire southern hemisphere....thats common sense backed with scientific evidence. For example, in the entire southern hemisphere you can see the Southern Cross star constellation.....yet you cant see a starsupposedly closing in on earth....common sense tells me it doesnt exist

4. Weather, my speciality. As a meteorologist I can't definently say that the weather is changing as climate records do not date back that far, so we cant tell if this is part of some long term warming and cooling phase. Droughts and floods are occuring due to the El Nino/ La Nina weather cycles....not magnetic fields. And I do know that tornadoes do occur all over the world and are not restricted to the same places like you implied. Where are these "new oceans" you speak of, where these hurricanes are happening?

5. You tell us to prove you wrong, yet you have not put together one single piece of evidence or any links to support your "facts". If you had that much common sense, I think you would have thought about that

This post being about common sense is more or less my interpretation of what is happening... I'm not providing any back up because most of what I talk about is widely discussed on ATS and can be looked up by anyone who can manage google... I'm not trying to prove these things I'm just saying using common sense can cut through all the nonsense... I'm glad you are a weather guy because the new oceans I talk about I'm unsure about... I heard that for the first time there was a hurricane, Atlantic ocean maybe and I believe it was in 2005... Can't recall exactly where I saw this... Maybe you can provide that information since I'd like to know which ocean it was... The hurricane that developed over the ocean was the first in recorded history in that ocean and it was only a few years ago... Hopefully you know which I'm referring to...

You believe there is no validity regarding Planet X? Using common sense should tell you that the Government covers stuff like this up... Just like they do with pictures of the moon and mars etc. If they do not want you to know you won't know...

Here is #1 of 5, watch these and then please explain to me what is false about the claims being made... There are a lot of other videos too, thought I should provide at least one link... Also if you run a search for pictures of planet x on google you should find numerous spots where you can look at some of the pictures...

And I don't think I said common sense should make you believe in aliens, your belief is your business, but common sense should tell you that mathematically the chances of "aliens" is high and they more than likely do exist...

Let me know on the hurricane thing too... thankx!

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 05:56 PM
link   

You believe there is no validity regarding Planet X? Using common sense should tell you that the Government covers stuff like this up... Just like they do with pictures of the moon and mars etc. If they do not want you to know you won't know...

I never said there is no validity, but common sense can not be used on something that is not common. Planet X is not common and therefore common sense can not be used. You can speculate about that subject backed up by evidence. It is like saying common sense indicates black holes exist, or common sense indicates that the universe evolved from a big bang theory.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

I never said there is no validity, but common sense can not be used on something that is not common. Planet X is not common and therefore common sense can not be used. You can speculate about that subject backed up by evidence. It is like saying common sense indicates black holes exist, or common sense indicates that the universe evolved from a big bang theory.

I'm sorry for the confusion but I was replying to OzWeatherman and his comments... I do understand your classification of common sense, however disagree slightly... I feel common sense comes from more than just defined knowledge... I believe we learn common sense as we mature, make mistakes, do enough research etc. etc. Wisdom if you will.. The information that really hit me was that from the Egyptian times showing 10 planets in their writings... Is that what those writings show or does it represent something else...? If the coming of planet x comes as it is predicted then we won't see it until it's right up on us... At which point it might be common sense in your definition... What I'm trying to show here is someone with common sense might assume that planet x does exist... I heard that scientists believe jupiter could be a baby star...? They also mentioned we are a 3 star system...? Where is the other star? The dwarf star they talk about, assuming every star we've looked at has planets, could you assume that a dwarf would also have planets? If so could one of those be planet X? Even if we can't confirm this you know common sense is telling you there is a good possibility it exists. Just as it tells you that Aliens, be them from here or outer space, exist, UFO's at least...

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Makes sense that Egyptians have recognized 10 planets. They probably classified Eris as a planet as well. So maybe it could have been that, or planet X who knows.

In July 2005, Astronomer Mike Brown of CalTech and his team announced the discovery of yet another Kuiper Belt Object - this one larger than Pluto. This object, provisionally named UB313, or Xena, has officially been named Eris by the IAU.
SOURCE

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Doesn't the Kuiper belt orbit around the sun the same wall all our planets do?

I'm asking because I'm not sure, but I think that's how it is...

And isn't planet X on a 3500+ year orbit of it's own? In other words it follows it's own path where everything else seems to be on the same path?

posted on Mar, 27 2008 @ 02:14 PM
link   

I have no doubt that life exists somewhere else in the universe, I just don't think they are visiting us...and I bet at least 75% of all UFO debunkers also believe life exists elsewhere in the universe. If aliens were visiting us, my common sense tells me that we would know about them by now.

I also have no doubt that there are other undiscovered bodies out there along Pluto, Eris, Sedna and the other Kuiper Belt objects -- possibly even objects nearly the size of Mars or even Earth. However, I don't believe that this "Planet X" is the same one the 'Nibiru believers' talk about, i.e. it isn't returning to our part of the Solar System in 4 1/2 years to wreak havoc upon the Earth. If it was approaching us, my common sense tells me an amateur astronomer would have noticed it by now.

[edit on 3/27/2008 by Soylent Green Is People]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join