It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe in that Mummies can come back to life?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
The Egyptian Mummy, to be more specific. Sure we seen the movies, but what if the curse is actually real and Mummies do have the power to come back to life and have their revenge? You all know of the work that is put into the dead in egyptian religion and how the soul can latter come back to enter the body again. Reason to preserve the body.

I found this.
unmuseum.mus.pa.us...

Talks about the curse. I've seen first hand the power of the tomb. King tut's was on display here and getting closer was an eery feeling. So the question remains. Do you believe in Mummies as walking dead zombies or do you just think it's silly. It's ATS, so I'd figure if you all believe in bigfoot, aliens and flying monkeys, Mummies wouldn't be too off.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:20 AM
link   
Interesting post. But no... I don't think mummies do walk around like zombies. I do believe however that the more often someone deceased is in the living people's minds, the more power is given to the dead mens soul to stay on earth. Maybe that can cause some haunted effects.

The article mentions Aspergillus fungus as a cause of death, to me that is very unlikely due to the dry and hot climate of egypt. What is very likely is that (to keep the grave from being robbed) the mummy was embalmed with extra toxic substances to keep people away from it.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
i have to agree with ambushrocks on this one. Although it is an exiting idea than mummy's could come back from the dead

as for the curses maybe its the mind staying with the body like a haunting
its very possible. remember energy can be created nor destroyed, and thats all out mind is...energy. Makes you wonder doesn't it

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Yes!

They do come back, and Amen Ra is now the lead guitarist and backing vocalist for the Finnish band Lordi.

yvid link doesn't want to work, it's here: www.youtube.com...

And from the look of it, he's got plenty of energy left in him.

Not ridiculing jedimiller at all, I'm a mummy fan too; love the movies, (even the B ones), love to study the time period, have even taught self hieroglyphics. I'm also a Lordi fan, and that particular Amen is a friend of mine.

I honestly don't think real mummies return from the dead. I do believe in mummy's curses however. It would be interesting if a mummy returned, think of what we could learn from him/her from an historic as well as a linguistic standpoint! It boggles the mind!

[edit on 3/9/2008 by MaatiHemet]

[edit on 3/9/2008 by MaatiHemet]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I don't get it, you guys buy the idea of zombies coming back to life in movies like I am Legend. Or a virus that could reanimate people..but you guys have trouble understanding how a mummy came back to life?

this is how it works, when the mummy is disturbed, the body thinks it's time to move and react. The soul, then goes back into the body, thinking that it was called by the earth's people. But the soul of the mummy doesn't know there is no more egypt or pyramids, so it thinks it went back to it's original time. it tries to talk, and be normal, but due to the weakness in it's body it walks on one leg and has problems seeing. So, a mummy is like a zombie but it's actually a Soul energy from the past.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by jedimiller

That's because they are movies. When you go to see a movie you are, temporarily suspending disbelief. You are asking if it can happen in real life, and the answer is no. There is no contradiction here. One is Hollywood make believe, the other is not.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 10:12 AM
link   
I laughed out loud in "Night at the Museum" when the mummy came back to life but was trapped inside of its display. Having seen that, I would pity the real mummy that came back to life trapped inside of it's sarcophagus, as those things are heavy and required crowbars and a team of people to open. A mummy short of superhuman strength would just be trapped within, I think I'd rather stay dead than enter the body of a 3,000 year old fragile corpse inside a box. Outside of a sarcophagus, the mummy would be kept within a thick, airtight glass display as much as possible to prevent further decomposing. With this and the fragile state of the body I just don't see it as a very good idea for a soul to return to the body. Also, someone may be able to correct me on this, but I think all organs are removed prior to egyptian embalming (including the brain). Sooo there's just not much going for a mummy resurrection.

I don't scoff at the idea of a voodoo witch doctor being able to raise the dead and perhaps control them, but I think it would have to be a recently deceased body that has not been embalmed and has organs intact (I don't think he'll have much success with a decapitated corpse ).

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 11:29 AM
link   
If the DNA were preserved, the 'body' it represents could 'live again'......I think the mummy preservation is an off shoot of that science.......but the technical and medical details and understanding were lost over time.

The 'medical mumbo jumbo' then became religious spells and curses in an attempt to replicate what the 'gods' had been able to do......(just a pet theory of mine).

Perhaps a 'fresh' corpse, or someone that was brain dead could be reanimated by some chemical or bioengenering........resulting in a more classic 'zombie'....

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
As a person who has had a curse or two thrown my way, I can state that mummies will not re-animate.

This is different than zombies or vampires, that is for another thread. Just as a side note, if a vampire caught AIDS, would he keep dying?

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Mummy?
Isn't that what Brits call Queenie.

There are those that believe she is not a zombie, but rather a reptilian entity still suckin' on baby blood.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:24 AM
link   
We're not getting anywhere. So let me ask you this. why do you think the egyptians went thru all that trouble with preserving the bodies? I think there's something to it. It may have worked, you hear stories of the curse of the mummy and other mummy's coming alive. Of course this could all have happened during the 1900's and we have no videos or youtube links. still, the stories should be given attention. Sure, the movies make the mummy's look dumb and dead, but what if they just came back to life looking like a regular dude? Like vampires do?

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
sure, why not?

it sounds very similar to the Biblical promise that
all the dead lying in the ground will be 'changed'
in the twinkling-of-an-eye...
some to be leaders in the 1,000 year Millennial Kingdom...

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Okay, you want to treat this serious.

It's human nature to try to believe that this life we have, now, will not end upon our death. All religions are based on a belief that somehow, "the soul" carries on after death.

The Egyptians that were mummies were people of some significance and means. They had egos that lead them to a belief that preserving their bodies would allow them to come back to life, later. It was part of their religion.

Except for movies, none of them have come back. This doesn't mean it won't work, it just means that it hasn't after a couple thousand years.

You do realize that in the mummy making process the organs are removed from the body as well as the brain. It is removed in pieces through the nose. Coming back to life is a difficult process when this occurs.

A brainless mummy would be bad enough but a hungry mummy. I don't even want to think about that.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by frayed1
If the DNA were preserved, the 'body' it represents could 'live again'......I think the mummy preservation is an off shoot of that science.......but the technical and medical details and understanding were lost over time.

The 'medical mumbo jumbo' then became religious spells and curses in an attempt to replicate what the 'gods' had been able to do......(just a pet theory of mine).

Perhaps a 'fresh' corpse, or someone that was brain dead could be reanimated by some chemical or bioengenering........resulting in a more classic 'zombie'....

I agree with this. According to Tsarion's theory of history, the ancients had advanced technology and proficiency in genetic engineering. Egypt was a post cataclysm society so much of the technology was lost by then. It could be true that the pharaohs knew that their only chance of living once again would be to preserve their bodies well enough to keep their DNA intact.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The Dark Seekers in I am Legend were never dead, just mutated. Furthermore I believe that is the premise for most zombies as well.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

very intreresting question if you wanted a good read on this topis check put chariots of the gods by erich von daniken he bring up, some very interesting points

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Hi jedimiller,
I believe most things are possible when it comes to the paranormal/supernatural ... but I make it a rule to only accept wih any certainty my own firsthand experiences (and only then after I've ruled out all the logical explanations). To date I have no personal experience of Egyptian mummy's coming back to life ... but that's not to say they don't/can't.

What I can tell you however, is a true story that happened to my dad.

My dad was stationed in Egypt throughout WWII and absolutely loved the place. He died 4yrs ago (in his mid-80's), having lead a very full and active life. Right up until the year before he died he made many trips back to Egypt, really getting amongst it all.

The last couple of years he was more frail and had to make his last few trips as a typical Brit abroad (not getting drunk and being abusive to the locals or looking for British pubs and fish and chip shops),
as part of the organized/guided holiday groups.

During his last trip he decided to go with the group to the Valley Of The Kings ... specifically to see King Tut's tomb. Anyhoo, being a bit of a rebel (right to the end), he decided to hang back from the group and take a couple of photographs (which was against the rules).

Feeling very pleased with himself for being such an octogenarian 'bad-ass' he got back to his hotel and shortly after fell very ill with a fever ... this mystery illness lasted for the rest of the holiday and there was some doubt as to whether he would be able to travel home. Still ill and pretty weak he managed to make the journey. By the time the plane landed in England he was feeling as fit as a fiddle ... as if he'd never been ill ???

Doesn't end there ... he takes his 35mm films to the chemist a couple of days later ... all turn-out perfectly apart from the ones took in the tomb !

That was his last trip to Egypt. Moral of the story ... strange s~*t happens in places like that and it can't always be explained ... so who knows ... maybe mummy's can come back to life !

Woody.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by woodwytch]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 05:59 PM
link   
If you can find where the tanna leaves are hidden, along with the scroll of Amun Ra, then you have a shot. Otherwise, you're going to have to try to clone them from DNA scavenged from molars or internal tissues.

It would be an interesting experiment, although these things are always cursed in some way. So you do it, I'll watch.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I doubt anything could come back to life after being treated like these mummies where during the preservation process, no brain, no organs, and a very dodgy and brittle spine and legs from all those years of drying out,

One step and snap so we would end up with the Stephen Hawkins of the mummy world,

I read a story a while ago in National Geographic about a family who went to Egypt visiting tombs including King TUT, the mother was very ill when she returned home, after explaining about the hoiday, a team went and retraced the ladies steps with the husband, they took scrapings from inside several tombs which contained a fungus on the walls,

The husband remembered his wife slipped and fell against one of the walls and was covered in dust, the samples where used and her illness cured, they blamed the fungus and she did get better after they tested the fungus and acted on it,

My serious opinion is mummies have not and will not ever walk, urses i believe are true as in they where written, as for the power of them i being of pagan faith believe curses work from first hand experiences, i think obviously they where meant to protect the dead Pharoh.

I seem to remember that there where some curses discovered in Aztec ruins, and other long gone south American tombs,

Even in china and the Great Emperors supposed tomb, it is said to have lakes of mercury to defeat any tomb robbers, and i hope one day we are allowed inside to see.

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I think I see where you wanna go with this but there is only so much a dried up and mummified body can do. I mean, how it be able to rejuvinate itself?
The worlds supply Oil of Olay would not be enough to even twitch a pinky.

Just add water perhaps? If so, water from where, the Nile, the Tigres?

If DNA can be extracted then this would be enough to call it "LIVE", at least to some degree.

Physically I would say it's impossible, but on an interdimensional level maybe disturbing the remains on this plane can be enough to have Amun Ra trail your every move, waiting to greet you when you die.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join