It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thus saith the LORD.....

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by madnessinmysoul

thoughts?

They don't impress me much.

i'll say this, science isn't a religion and you shouldn't smack the hand that's fed, clothed, and cared for you by claiming it to be a false belief.

:w: Oh yeah, drink in the toxins, eat the poisons, clothe yourself in scarlet and you have one big huge dragon of a system. Oh and did I mention cloning and measuring the heavens? How about medicines that are killing people? You do not want to get into a debate with me about science my foe.

you called "alah" a profane term...when it's really just the word "god" in another language...actually, in several languages.

I call a spade a spade. Allah-alah means curse in the language spoken by GOD.

one last thing:
faith-based ideologies...except for science, which is based entirely on evidence...

Evidence of what? That they do a fine job of corrupting God's planet and stars.....nice

Go ahead and worship man, it was prophesied years ago that many would.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Madness science hasn't proved macro evolution, which means they haven't produced one solid full missing link...

the fact is is that evolution is a theory......

Now to the girl and wisesheep..

first of all christianity (is) the word... God founded a church... you will find this throughout the entire gospel, the OT, Malachias, the Psalms...

the bride of Christ its called, the spouse of Christ...

the fact is is that God gave Peter and the apostles to (lose) and (n=bind) things on earth which would mean doctrines and (true) interpretation of scriptures..

the fact is as well that God gave the (apostles) the power to forgive and bind sins.. John 20

Now, why would God give them the power to (bind) that means to not forgive someone they think is unsincere... why would God give the poweer to men to forgive and bind sins?

because he created the priesthood and the church...

before 1500 only one church existed, it was Catholic and it has produced 2000 years of saints who raised the dead, had the stigmata and worked countless miracles...

read about st gemma shes one of them.....

So when you say Christianity wont save, this is not even biblical.... God founded a church, you can find that in every gospel and throughout the OT....

God bless you guys...

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by Elisha4Yah

thoughts?

well...your post is classic, closed-minded dogmatism...something which that jesus guy seemed to be entirely against (just look at his interpretation of judaic law...)

i'll say this, science isn't a religion and you shouldn't smack the hand that's fed, clothed, and cared for you by claiming it to be a false belief.

you called "alah" a profane term...when it's really just the word "god" in another language...actually, in several languages.
for example, in maltese "allah" means "god"
malta is a nation that's 90%+ christian.
i guess only english is god's language...
cultural isolationism for the win....:shk:

one last thing: all the beliefs you listed are equally as unlikely as yours... notice i said EQUALLY
they're all unsubstantiated, faith-based ideologies...except for science, which is based entirely on evidence...

[edit on 3/9/08 by madnessinmysoul]

Evidence that just proves more and more and more
and more and more and more and more the existence of God.

Yes, bask in my classic, closed-minded dogmatism.

Case closed.

Please exit stage left.

[edit on 9-3-2008 by 168.56.255.255]

[edit on 9-3-2008 by 168.56.255.255]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elisha4Yah

thoughts?

They don't impress me much.

thanks for being insulting

Oh yeah, drink in the toxins,

yeah, this purified water is so toxic for me in a nation where you really can't get proper drinking water from the tap due to it being an island...

eat the poisons,

i guess you don't eat anything science had anything to do with?
like apples and bananas...
or any crop farmed using any knowledge of botany and modern farming techniques...

clothe yourself in scarlet

wearing red is bad?

Oh and did I mention cloning and measuring the heavens?

...how are those two correlated?
measuring the heavens is good
space exploration is good
expanding our minds and realizing that we're not even a speck in the grand scheme of things is good, it leads to humility (didn't jesus say something about humility being good?)

How about medicines that are killing people?

how about the medicines that have saved countless lives?

You do not want to get into a debate with me about science my foe.

you're right, i need to sit you down and give you a lecture on it so you know what you're talking about first.

a non-anthropic being has a language?
last time i checked, people said god was omniscient and thus omnilingual...
so what language are you talking about?

Evidence of what?

evidence of...stuff
depends on the science
different science, different evidence.

That they do a fine job of corrupting God's planet and stars.....nice

stars?
we haven't even sent anything to a star...
and humans have been corrupting the earth since before we had a written language...
honestly, they also do a fine job of feeding the world (sadly we can't distribute the food to feed everyone), saving lives (sadly we can't get the medicines to everyone who needs them), and generally furthering our understanding of the world...

science book > bible in matters of the natural world
hell, the bible says that pi = 3...

i don't worship anything
and it was prophesied at a time when it was already happening...so it's not exactly that big of a deal...

Originally posted by JesusisTruth

Madness science hasn't proved macro evolution, which means they haven't produced one solid full missing link...

...it can't provide something that's missing
it's produced transitional forms and many millions of specimens.

the fact is is that evolution is a theory......

so is cell biology and atomic theory
we still can observe cells dividing and blow crap up with nukes, but they're still theories.
mel and i have been trying to help you understand what the word "theory" means in this context, but you just don't seem to want to listen

reply to post by 168.56.255.255

the posts you made all demonstrate your ignorance and they've actually been tackled here.

...especially the "ranks on the rise" link...
there are more scientists named steve that support evolutionary theory than there are scientists that support creationism/id

evidence of ignorance from one of them

2) What advances in modern medicine, technology and products were derived solely from relying on Darwin's theory of evolution?

...no advances in modern medicine, technology, and products have ever been derived by solely relying on any single theory.
this just goes to show you the ignorance of so many of those that criticize evolution

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 10:07 PM
link   

thanks for being insulting

I wasn't insulting you. I was being honest. No man's thoughts impress me much anymore. All that glitters is not gold.

yeah, this purified water is so toxic for me in a nation where you really can't get proper drinking water from the tap due to it being an island...

Don't you know that medicines, experiments, blood, fuel and death have been dumped into God's pure refined waters by 'scientists' just so they can glorify themselves by people like you with their lying labels on drinking bottles of water.

i guess you don't eat anything science had anything to do with?
like apples and bananas...
or any crop farmed using any knowledge of botany and modern farming techniques...

Yeah, we all do, but not by choice. And FYI. God was the original teacher, read Genesis through Revelation.

wearing red is bad?

Well not according to the Chinese. Scarlet symbolizes this current beast (man) system that is falling....falling.

Oh and did I mention cloning and measuring the heavens?

...how are those two correlated?
measuring the heavens is good
space exploration is good
expanding our minds and realizing that we're not even a speck in the grand scheme of things is good, it leads to humility (didn't jesus say something about humility being good?)

How are they correlated? Man putting himself upon his own throne, behaving as a creator but causing destruction, thinking he knows what he's doing when in fact has no clue, because : 2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie;
The lie is on you. The deceived deceiving and deceived believing. Wouldn't it be irony if the 'star men' were actually exploring the bottomless pit? And earth was not round

how about the medicines that have saved countless lives?

True it has. And true it has taken lives. God is the judge.

You do not want to get into a debate with me about science my foe.

you're right, i need to sit you down and give you a lecture on it so you know what you're talking about first.

OK. I'm sitting.

a non-anthropic being has a language?
last time i checked, people said god was omniscient and thus omnilingual...
so what language are you talking about?

Acts 26:14
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks
(it is the purest language) I long to speak it one day.

evidence of...stuff
depends on the science
different science, different evidence.

Come on. I was thinking you were a toughy and that's the best you could say? ....stuff????

stars?
we haven't even sent anything to a star...
and humans have been corrupting the earth since before we had a written language...

You're probably right, it is the bottomless pit. What language was that?

honestly, they also do a fine job of feeding the world (sadly we can't distribute the food to feed everyone), saving lives (sadly we can't get the medicines to everyone who needs them), and generally furthering our understanding of the world...

Honestly 'they'-whoever 'they' are-have done a pathetic job feeding the world, the world is starving in some places and overfed in others. Do you even have a clue who does donate food and clothes and $$$$$$ to the needy, orphans and widows??? I will not accept anything other than proof for your answer.
You're correct man always falls short the glory of God who was/is able to feed multitudes with a few loaves and a couple of fish, who can rain down manna from the heavens and even fowls! Who can also cause rocks to spill out water....But that's just unbelievable isn't it!!

i don't worship anything

You had me going then!! By you're replies, you indicate you worship......SCIENCE. You've exalted man over your Creator. Because no one can ever say they don;t worship something. You were made that way. As 'science' might say "it's genetic"

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elisha4Yah
Don't you know that medicines, experiments, blood, fuel and death have been dumped into God's pure refined waters by 'scientists' just so they can glorify themselves by people like you with their lying labels on drinking bottles of water.

...natural water isn't "pure and refined"
the 'untouched' waters of the world contain natural parasites and diseases that can cause excruciating pain and/or death

Yeah, we all do, but not by choice. And FYI. God was the original teacher, read Genesis through Revelation.

odd that the first pieces of writing aren't among god's writings...

wearing red is bad?

Well not according to the Chinese. Scarlet symbolizes this current beast (man) system that is falling....falling.

...odd, china with the fastest growing economy in the world if falling?

How are they correlated? Man putting himself upon his own throne, behaving as a creator but causing destruction, thinking he knows what he's doing when in fact has no clue, because

really?
we have no clue?
the people who have mapped genomes have no clue at all?
i'm sure we have a clue... especially with astronomy, we've been doing that forever.

: 2 Thessalonians 2:11
And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie;

aye, i think they call it "the bible"
(sorry, but turnabout if fair play)

The lie is on you. The deceived deceiving and deceived believing. Wouldn't it be irony if the 'star men' were actually exploring the bottomless pit? And earth was not round

...except that the earth is round and space isn't a bottomless pit...well, it's theoretically depthless, but bottomless wouldn't be the proper term

True it has. And true it has taken lives. God is the judge.

...no, not at all
see, medicine has saved more lives than it has taken, and it has been an effective cure, unlike prayer.

OK. I'm sitting.

well, i assumed as much, you are at a computer...
try trotting over the O&C
then read posts by the user melatonin, he knows what he's talking about and provides ample citation and many resources for further study.

Acts 26:14
And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks
(it is the purest language) I long to speak it one day.

that's kind of odd, because jesus was most likely trilingual...
aramaic
hebrew
greek
possibly latin as well...

Come on. I was thinking you were a toughy and that's the best you could say? ....stuff????

well, you gave me an insanely general question, so i had to give you the most vague possible answer.
the evidence for scientific theories is abundant. it's all around us...but you're going to have to be more specific or "stuff" is going to have to suffice as an answer.

You're probably right, it is the bottomless pit. What language was that?

it's not a bottomless pit...
and that language was cuneiform script for sumerian language.

Honestly 'they'-whoever 'they' are-have done a pathetic job feeding the world, the world is starving in some places and overfed in others.

but we're feeding many thousands of times the people that were alive and semi-starving at one point, are we not?
now, imagine if we could get the food to the starving

Do you even have a clue who does donate food and clothes and $$$$$$ to the needy, orphans and widows??? I will not accept anything other than proof for your answer.

...are you aware that the world's biggest charitable organization is run by 2 atheists?
the bill and melinda gates foundation....
the biggest charitable donation in history was made by another atheist, warren buffet...
hmm...so who's donating the money?

You're correct man always falls short the glory of God who was/is able to feed multitudes with a few loaves and a couple of fish, who can rain down manna from the heavens and even fowls!

...then god is kind of a prick for not feeding all the starving people that keep praying in pure, earnest faith for food.

Who can also cause rocks to spill out water....But that's just unbelievable isn't it!!

...except that said myth has yet to be substantiated...
so you're right, it is unbelievable
i will not believe it.

You had me going then!! By you're replies, you indicate you worship......SCIENCE.

...i don't worship it
i just think it's super neato
i know it's fallible...because it's run by humans. but at least science is self-correcting. scientific mistakes are corrected by good science.

You've exalted man over your Creator.

...i don't have a "creator"
said idea is unproven.

Because no one can ever say they don;t worship something. You were made that way. As 'science' might say "it's genetic"

...yeah
no
you're kind of wrong there. i worship absolutely nothing.
it's not genetic
there may be a predisposition to worship, but i do not.

[edit on 3/12/08 by madnessinmysoul]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Elisha4Yah

I think there is a concept of a future Leader, who will live among us, as one of us, in the Old Testament.
Human life, on this planet, would not have continued, after the fall of Adam, if it was not that there would be a future second Adam.
But to think an actual being coexisted with, and was co-equal to God, is wrong.
Jesus became an actual being when he was born.
When God sends him down from Heaven, to re-claim his own, he will have been lifted up to a point of being a god, to us.
But to give him that title, before God Himself does, we are being presumptuous.

posted on Mar, 15 2008 @ 01:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

How can you say I'm being presumptuous? I believe what the word/bible say's to be fact. I could quote you verses among verses but I think I did that in the intial post. Yahshua is the word of God. How is that so difficult to comprehend? Yahshua the name above ALL names in fact means Yahweh is Salvation. The word of God in old times spoke to the prophets and that was before God manifested His word in the living flesh, Yahshua was/is the walking Torah, now ascended on high at the right hand of God (rulership) until all His enemies get under His feat

It's a tough one, it's a mystery spoken of in the OT and spoken of a great deal by the apostle Paul. We have to break free of the earthly concepts and ways of thinking and worship Him in Spirit and Truth to even begin to understand some of the mysteries. I believe you have to pray earnestly for to understand this certain mysteries, but it's there for you, if you do not harden your hearts.

Yahshua say's in Revelation I am the Alpha and Omega. Then later God say's I am the Alpha and Omega. That's because they are twine/one.

[edit on 15-3-2008 by Elisha4Yah]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join