It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Handprints on windows...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Anybody know if ghosts can cause handprints on windows? We have several handprints on windows that never seem to disappear but are somehow permanently burned on the window or something..and they dont look to be human. I took a photo of one the other day in the hall, and it is on a window with a screen, and the print is on the outside sheet of glass (the window is made of two thin layers of glass) which would mean someone would have had to intentionally stick their hand around and try to make it...is this ghosts, or just some strange unexplainable thing...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Possibly an alien handprint? If you can find the picture, scan it and post it online for us to examine.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Some numbskull carpenter didn't wash his hands before installing the window.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
no...this window hasnt been replaced ever when weve had the house, nor has the screen fallen off recently in the time that the handprint appeared. I wouldnt really think of it as anything but it is just odd that the prints dont go away and are on the opposite side someone's hand would ever be. Also sometimes I just feel really weird..especially in my room where I sleep with the lights completely off some nights I will just get an overpowering feeling of extreme fear that I have to get out immediately and not go back in...I remember probably several years ago something weird in my room where I woke up in the middle of the night, and I swear a little light or ball was flying around in my room and then just stood still in a certain place..and I was so petrified with fear I just froze in place and didnt even get up. Then again I might just be crazy or paranoid, which could happen after reading a site like ATS all the time lol

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:04 PM
link   
It was probably Satan, or something man, or maybe just a spirit.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
no...this window hasnt been replaced ever when weve had the house, nor has the screen fallen off recently in the time that the handprint appeared. I wouldnt really think of it as anything but it is just odd that the prints dont go away and are on the opposite side someone's hand would ever be. Also sometimes I just feel really weird..especially in my room where I sleep with the lights completely off some nights I will just get an overpowering feeling of extreme fear that I have to get out immediately and not go back in...I remember probably several years ago something weird in my room where I woke up in the middle of the night, and I swear a little light or ball was flying around in my room and then just stood still in a certain place..and I was so petrified with fear I just froze in place and didnt even get up. Then again I might just be crazy or paranoid, which could happen after reading a site like ATS all the time lol

If someones hand was dirty with grease or oil, the print would last a while. Maybe someone was trying to break in?

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Ok. Here is the one I recently photographed...it is on the outside pane...it isnt really a handprint like a humans, but it seems that it would be quite a coincidence to have these marks appear in that configuration, when we also have had others. It doesnt look like a human hand, and is also a bit too big.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Freaky. If thats a handprint, its of somebody with seriously long fingers. The palm is nowhere near the fingers.

A more prosaic answer would be that its two or three separate prints that loosely associate with each other. One or two of some fairly separated fingers and then of a palm print further down.

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
That picture is interesting. The first thought I had when seeing it was either a grey or something demonic. There are quite a few stories of strange handprints appearing, either on glass or other material. Theories abound, from ghosts and demons to greys.

This particular story mentions the glowing ball, and the handprint (this time in dust on a car).

A couple was camping in an isolated pine forest. During the very chilly night they built a campfire. But for some unknown reason the fire kept failing. The woman felt uneasy and scared for no apparent reason. As the temperature dropped they sat in the car. Shortly thereafter the woman saw a bright star like object above the tree line. The light moved from side to side and up and down. After about 20 minutes they looked to the west and saw five more similar lights above the tree line.

These appeared to be balls of light that danced around very quickly. As they watched the original light descended down behind the tree line. While observing the lights a multi-colored craft came out of the distant northwest sky, it flew at incredible speed and quickly out of sight. Increasingly scared both prayed. Soon the lights from the sky were gone, but an oblong bright white light illuminated the forest floor. Both then took a shotgun and a pistol and settled in the tent.
Soon they heard what seemed to be persons walking outside. They sat and listened to what sounded like six to ten people walking around in every direction with an occasional tap or prod to the tent. After an hour a sound came over the tent while simultaneously the ground under the tent floor moved like waves of energy. The wife then looked up through the screened roof and saw a bright ball of white blue light in the sky, just about the tree line. From this light came a large white colored beam of light shining into the tent.

The number of "persons" or creatures outside the tent increased, sounding like 30 to 40 of them. Occasionally they heard a sound like whipping wind, along with what sounded like a yipping barking noise that gave them the creeps. At one point a pulsating orange white blue light glowed right next to the tent on the forest floor. It grew larger in size then just disappeared. At daybreak both left the tent and found strange footprints in the dirt and handprints on the dust of the car.
The footprints "were toed cloven hoofs" and larger three toed feet. The four-fingered handprints had a skeletal, very long thin look. Frightened they left the area. Their families did not believe their story and they were told that they were "possessed".

home.nycap.rr.com...

And ...

A visitor submits, "There is a tunnel in Colorado on a street called Gold Camp Road which is said to be haunted. There are stories of people driving up there at night and parking their cars to see if they can see a ghost. Most don't but there are those who have had strange handprints appear on the outside of their windows and there are reported sounds of a horse. One person was so bold as to say that they saw a headless horseman. Maybe an old Calvery man."
dawghouse.topcities.com...

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:45 PM
link   
the glowing ball thing happened so long ago, I wish I could remember it better...I didn't think much of it at the time, I was freaked out and just tried to tell myself I was dreaming or imagining it, but I'm quite sure I didn't...it wasn't so much an orb or a ball, more like just a point of light flying around. And the print definetly doesnt seem like something that would be caused by a human...but maybe theres a simple explanation.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:47 PM
link   
is it on the the second story of your house if so that might make that even more interesting. When did you notice it has it been there awhile? if it hasnt i notice snow theyre did u notince any unusual footprints? Also check your house to. Cause if that is a hand its the right hadn and check the wannl next to it and see if you see anyhting else. Also ive had one of those omg imi soo scared for no reson at all experiences. Its wierd its liek ur pertrifiend and just wanna curl up but u have no idea y. I had a wierd dream about sometin like that last night too. Walkin out of my house and to my car and my mom jsut screams no come in hurry hurry. And then i woke up in a cold sweet now knowin what happen in the rest of the dream.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:50 PM
link   
thats really messed up.......because in my bathroom everytime i take a shower (im serious this isnt leading into some stupid wisecrack) the mirrors fog up right? so i get out of the shower, look at the mirror, and a print just like that is on the mirror...always. its really freaky. i tried to take a pic of it once but by the time a got a camera the print was gone. but its not like the whole mirror defogged (dont know the right word), the print is actualy covered up by more steam. i thought i was crazy. but its the same print. weird

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Its on the first story, the other ones I am aware of are on the second story, but they are more questionable than the one I posted, meaning they look more normal human-like, and are in a place where someone might touch them...I also noticed the screen on that window, both the locks holding the screen in are open, and I dont think we would have left it that way. I took the picture a few days ago but it may have been there for quite some time, Im not sure. I dont think that screen has been off for at least a couple years or more.

Also lately I have been having really messed up dreams. And right after I took the picture of the handprint I got one of those really scared feelings, but maybe I was just already freaked out from noticing it.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 10:59 PM
link   
WHere abouts do u live. Im gussing some type of farm or somtin

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Maybe you could get someone to dust it to see if it has prints.

posted on Feb, 19 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quicksilver
WHere abouts do u live. Im gussing some type of farm or somtin

nope, just a residential neighborhood...the window is looking out into the backyard

[Edited on 19-2-2004 by Shoktek]

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Well.... look at the bright side... the print is on the OUTSIDE of the window

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 12:59 AM
link   
we had those strange handprints at my elementary school. 2 girls in my class said they were walking in the hall, and the window-part of the door suddenly had a handprint appear on it as they were opening it.

And no, they weren't touching the window part.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Your house has double-paned windows which were probably all assembled in a single day by a team of two people to fill an order for the homebuilder. On the day they were assembled one of the workers was a new employee who didn't understand the importance of wearing cotton gloves to prevent his skin oil from contaminating the glass.

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
Anybody know if ghosts can cause handprints on windows? We have several handprints on windows that never seem to disappear but are somehow permanently burned on the window or something..and they dont look to be human. I took a photo of one the other day in the hall, and it is on a window with a screen, and the print is on the outside sheet of glass (the window is made of two thin layers of glass) which would mean someone would have had to intentionally stick their hand around and try to make it...is this ghosts, or just some strange unexplainable thing...

I agree with Condorcet.

[Edited on 2-20-2004 by groingrinder]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join