It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Strange Handprints on windows...

page: 2
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:20 AM
link   
That is a very cool lookin hand print on the glass. Very large as well but I have a question. How high off the ground is the window? 4-6ft? If it's any taller than that, the person/thing is pretty tall




posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Condorcet
Your house has double-paned windows which were probably all assembled in a single day by a team of two people to fill an order for the homebuilder. On the day they were assembled one of the workers was a new employee who didn't understand the importance of wearing cotton gloves to prevent his skin oil from contaminating the glass.


well, that is highly unlikely...considering we have been in this house for 16 years, and the people who built it before us were the ones that assembled the windows a Loooong time ago, and the print just recently appeared. And it doesnt look like a normal hand to me..



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jeffrey
That is a very cool lookin hand print on the glass. Very large as well but I have a question. How high off the ground is the window? 4-6ft? If it's any taller than that, the person/thing is pretty tall


the picture makes it look higher, from the outside the print would be about 6 feet above ground level



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnIllusion
Maybe you could get someone to dust it to see if it has prints.


Good idea, then have the local PD check the prints against their database.

It could be that you have a perv in the neighborhood.

BTW, when was the last time you washed your windows?



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by Condorcet
Your house has double-paned windows which were probably all assembled in a single day by a team of two people to fill an order for the homebuilder. On the day they were assembled one of the workers was a new employee who didn't understand the importance of wearing cotton gloves to prevent his skin oil from contaminating the glass.


well, that is highly unlikely...considering we have been in this house for 16 years, and the people who built it before us were the ones that assembled the windows a Loooong time ago, and the print just recently appeared. And it doesnt look like a normal hand to me..


Maybe not. If the print is between the glass panes, then it is posible that the seal on the panes has recently failed, allowing moisture to penetrate the space between. That happened to me recently. No wierd prints, though, just windows that looked permanantly dirty.



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hey, Shoktek. Is that a double pane window? I am asking because during production, if the window is double paned, there is a type of glass that comes surfaced with this coating that is made to deflect the rays of the sun when it is at certain points in the sky so to speak.

Often when this glass is sanded (the sharp edges sanded down in a dual belt sander after it comes from the glazers) if someone touches this special coating without the proper gloves, it will leave a hand print. I know the print looks long, but it looks exactly like what would happen if someone had pushed it from the sanding table into the wash, accidently placing the palm and fingers at two different points seperately. When this glass is washed, it goes to the oven to be tempered and the hand print will be permanently burned into the surface of the glass...

I used to work at Summit Glass and Windows



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Reminds me of this one:



That is supposed to be from a "shadow" person. The link to the story is here at anomalies.net

Good luck.



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Hey, Shoktek. Is that a double pane window? I am asking because during production, if the window is double paned, there is a type of glass that comes surfaced with this coating that is made to deflect the rays of the sun when it is at certain points in the sky so to speak.

Often when this glass is sanded (the sharp edges sanded down in a dual belt sander after it comes from the glazers) if someone touches this special coating without the proper gloves, it will leave a hand print. I know the print looks long, but it looks exactly like what would happen if someone had pushed it from the sanding table into the wash, accidently placing the palm and fingers at two different points seperately. When this glass is washed, it goes to the oven to be tempered and the hand print will be permanently burned into the surface of the glass...

I used to work at Summit Glass and Windows


Yes, its double pane...its not on the inside of the panes if that's what you mean, today I opened the window and I can wipe it off if I reach around and use my hand it makes the same mark. And the handprint hasnt been there for very long, and no one has opened the screen.



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 02:53 PM
link   
There are also a couple in a window next to my brother's bed...on the outside pane of the glass as well. I originally didn't want to say anything as they are more explainable since that screen is taken off sometimes and people might touch it, but now I remember that a small handprint appeared overnight in his room once and has been there since, that wasn't from a person, as it is on the second story and no one with that size hand has been out on the roof (especially that one night).



posted on Feb, 20 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I once read an old British story of Jack Frost peeking into windows and leaving handprints on the window panes... perhaps it was him?

I just know I would be a little scared about something peeking in my windows, I hope you have nice thick curtains.



posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek

Originally posted by Thorfinn Skullsplitter
Hey, Shoktek. Is that a double pane window? I am asking because during production, if the window is double paned, there is a type of glass that comes surfaced with this coating that is made to deflect the rays of the sun when it is at certain points in the sky so to speak.

Often when this glass is sanded (the sharp edges sanded down in a dual belt sander after it comes from the glazers) if someone touches this special coating without the proper gloves, it will leave a hand print. I know the print looks long, but it looks exactly like what would happen if someone had pushed it from the sanding table into the wash, accidently placing the palm and fingers at two different points seperately. When this glass is washed, it goes to the oven to be tempered and the hand print will be permanently burned into the surface of the glass...

I used to work at Summit Glass and Windows


Yes, its double pane...its not on the inside of the panes if that's what you mean, today I opened the window and I can wipe it off if I reach around and use my hand it makes the same mark. And the handprint hasnt been there for very long, and no one has opened the screen.


Well, that same type of glass is often made incorrectly and the surfacing side is pointed the wrong way during assembly. It happens a lot. You may be able to tell if that is the glass I am talking about, but I am not sure.

Before it's tempered, there is a tool that is used to tell if it's that type of glass. It's a tool with a bulb, and it's touched to the chemical surface and it makes the connection for the bulb and the light turns on. See if you can attach a bulb to a 9 volt battery and break the connection on the postitive side.

Try to use that surface of the glass where the hand print is (not on the print itself, but just on the surface on that side of that glass) to make the connection for the bulb. If the bulb lights up...it's that particular surface of glass and it's just assembled wrong and it was marred during production. If not, then you may have something there. Just trying to eliminate all rational possibilities...

PS. I am not entirely sure of the conductivity lifespan of this chemical surface on this type of glass, but it's supposed to last quite awhile...



posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:42 AM
link   
ok, I tried the conductivity test and it didn't work.



posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shoktek
ok, I tried the conductivity test and it didn't work.


That's good. You may have something then. Have you tried using a degreaser on it to see if it comes off?...



new topics

top topics



 
0
<< 1   >>

log in

join