It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing and Reappearing House Items, anyone else have this porblem?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Radios can pick up interference from other frequencies that are close by. Maybe one of your neighbors has a CB radio or ham radio or police activity may have been around the corner out of your sight.

I don't pay much attention to strange things involving electrical appliances. Electricity itself is freakin' magic as far as I'm concerned.

Btw, how is this related to items in house disappearing? Did you find something missing when you heard the noise?

posted on Nov, 6 2008 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This thing happens all the time to me . The most freaky was 10yrs ago. I was losing remotes to my tv in my bed room weekly if not daily. I put on my dresser walk out come back 5 mins later and there gone. Well one day I was getting dressed and I was facing my bed turned around to grab a shirt turned back and FOUR remotes were on my bed. What was really wierd was they were perfectally straight with one another as if on display

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
forgot to post the pic. I'll try and remember to post it tonight if it's still on the cell.

Originally posted by Komodo
More goings on at the house.

My grandson, 16yrs old, told me that last night he couldn't remember if he left hi TV on or not but that he 99% of the time leaves it on for 'white noise' to get to sleep. He said he remembers laying there watching TV and woke up completely refreshed with a feeling that he was only 10 mins.. when in actuality it was more like 6 hours.

So after that, he heads toward the bathroom, and I hear him go .. WT*!" He walks over to me at my PC in the living room and says..

G~son: "what does this look like to you on the bridge of my nose? It wasn't there before I left for youth group, and now it's there. It won't come off, so I know it's not ink or dirt and it doesn't hurt.

Upon looking at it from a distance, I see a small dark line running down the bridge of his nose. I take a high magnifying glass and look at it. I took a pic of it with my wife's cell in case it went away.

It definitely looks like some sort of incision there but, looked like it was already healed up and some scaring had taken place.

I"ll try and upload the pic tonight.

posted on Jan, 6 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
More oddness happening.

Just 2 days ago, I opened the door, walked into our bedroom and flipped the light on and was standing by the foot of the bed when I heard something in the bathroom. I looked to see if one of the cats was in there nosing around when I happened to looked down and saw the bottom drawer pulled out halfway and then split second later it moved about 1/8th of an inch or so in and out as if someone was moving it; I was standing in the bedroom approx. 4ft feet away.

I went back into the living room and saw both of the cats still asleep as they were when I went to the bedroom. My wife asked." what's the matter?" I looked at her and told her what I just experienced and she said she didn't open the drawer and hasn't for 2 weeks and it was closed earlier that day because she would have seen it and would have closed it if it was.

posted on Feb, 10 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
More activity with 'seemingly' intelligence,

Saturday, February 7th, 2009
After my wife left the house at around 12:30p to go to a movie with her friend, my grandson left the house at around 2pm to go into town for awhile. At appox. 2:30p, I dead bolted the front door and checked the back door which was locked as well.

Took a 15 min shower. Sat on the couch to watch a bit of TV. At appox 4:30pm, my wife pulls in from the movie, I go to open the door for her and find the deadbolt UNLOCKED.

Still need to check with the grandson if he came back, but, I'm 99.9% positive he didn't return till 5pm.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Last night, February 9th, 2009
After feeling a bit sleepy at around 11pm, I went to bed, woke back up about 1am this morning;couldn't get back to sleep. I felt as if I slept 6 hours in an hour. Laid in bed for another hour and half; got up, played on the computer for about an hour.

After getting into bed, laying there for 5 mins, lights off; then all of the sudden the middle of the was being pushed up and down 3 times; as if someone was underneath it pushing it up from the bottom or on top of it pushing it from the top.

As I laid there, for a sec thinking it was my wife, I said...
" honey, was that you?"
WIFE: "hmmm...no thought that was you!"

...seconds later, it did it again as if someone was pushing the middle of our queen sized bed straight up from the bottom!! It did it 3 times again!

After checking under the bed, I could see anything and something that big would had have to be fairly big to push a queen sized bed straight up from the center, whether it was from the bottom or the top, enough to practically roll me out of bed.

posted on Feb, 15 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
this phenomenon is still spilling over at work..

Interestingly enough, just today, a batch file for one of our test floors got deleted, the entire batch file of over 300 products! I loaded the file, had to reboot the test head, tried to re-load the file and came up with "file not found"

I was like WT*!!! ? Not just 1 min before it was working fine; so i tried a couple more, nada!

I talk to our test engineering manager, who found the problem. The entire batch file was missing; it had 0kb in the folder! He looked at me and said.."WHOA!" that's odd! He restored the file with a back up.

He and our Equipment Engineering manager thought it was REALLY weird since, there are only a very few ppl with access to that area of the server, him and 2 others I believe.

posted on Apr, 17 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Bumping this thread for a coupla reasons.

1) recent and related thread

2) still having things that disappear/reappear with no explanation. I was even willing to chalk it all up to senility but some of it just doesn't make any sense, even if I WAS senile.

I had a plastic container in the refrigerator with dried cranberries and walnut pieces mixed in (snack for the health-conscious) which no one in my house would dare to remove or touch and certainly wouldn't eat. It vanished. Not quite sure if it was 3 or 6 days ago since I don't eat it every day but I keep it fairly full most of the time and when I went to get some yesterday, the entire container was missing from the refrigerator.

No one in my house has one iota of interest in this plastic tub of health snacks. I have my own shelf in the fridge that no one bothers. This is an odd thing to have missing and it's the first thing to turn up missing that was "enclosed". Most items have been somewhat out in the open before this one.

Apparently, it's an actual phenomenon and not just me losing my mind (and I HAVE seriously considered that possibility).

posted on Apr, 22 2010 @ 12:07 AM
link   
from reading all your posts i have come to the conclusion of poltergeist actibity. ibeleive in these things mainly because many of them have happened to me it may be the spirit of a small child or prankster of sorts if it finds that sort of thing amusing so this is all i can say for you is to leave stuff out and keep a sharp eye on things and try asking for them back when you need them and they may turn up.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Bumping this thread for a coupla reasons.

1) recent and related thread

2) still having things that disappear/reappear with no explanation. I was even willing to chalk it all up to senility but some of it just doesn't make any sense, even if I WAS senile.

I had a plastic container in the refrigerator with dried cranberries and walnut pieces mixed in (snack for the health-conscious) which no one in my house would dare to remove or touch and certainly wouldn't eat. It vanished. Not quite sure if it was 3 or 6 days ago since I don't eat it every day but I keep it fairly full most of the time and when I went to get some yesterday, the entire container was missing from the refrigerator.

No one in my house has one iota of interest in this plastic tub of health snacks. I have my own shelf in the fridge that no one bothers. This is an odd thing to have missing and it's the first thing to turn up missing that was "enclosed". Most items have been somewhat out in the open before this one.

Apparently, it's an actual phenomenon and not just me losing my mind (and I HAVE seriously considered that possibility).

thx you for posting this.. !!! *whew*.. thought for sure it was just me.. what's odd is.. it was spilling over to my place of employment..

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Well,I know what you are saying about things disappearing.

I have things that were there that are now gone.

Milk and bread are constantly disappearing.

It is irritating.I have to constantly go to the store and buy more.:bnghd:

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Komodo

Hi Komodo, I read your account and have formulated a theory. Yeah, it is a very wild one. Fasten your seatbelt!!

In your situation, I think there my be a rift in the space/time/continuum. You are space sharing with a parallel universe where your house and inhabitants are duplicated, but for some discontinuities. For example, your computer station is where the console is in the other universe. The parallel universe inhabitants are seeing the same thing as you - memory cards in the wrong place, so they move them to the right place. The same is true for your pills disappearing situation.

What cinched this theory for me was the "repaired" picture glass. This could only happen if there was an actual exchange of items between universes. You should very closely look at the picture: i.e. hair color or hair part location, shirt styles and colors, etc. Bet you can find a discontinuity with the original.

Like I warned, a pretty wild theory.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Jrags]

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Jrags]

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Jrags

I meant to add to the above that the only way this theory would be appropriate for your work situation, is if space from the other universe is attached to you. Such a situation would result in odd anomalies near you. Perhaps magnetic flux is killing batch files, missing items are being set down in the parallel universe, etc.

There are ways to test this theory with an EMF meter. You need to be careful of power sources when taking readings but it should show spikes in your vicinity and in "hot" areas of your house where things have gone missing. One could argue that the EMF meter is picking up paranormal activity, but the picture glass incident is just not explained by paranormal activity.

posted on May, 22 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Disappearing and Reappearing House Items, anyone else have this porblem?

Ya, have you seen my wife?
She went out 2 months ago, havn't seen her since.

Edited to add:
Ah, nevermind, it's more peaceful around here without her.

[edit on 22-5-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
Just today, a guest in our house lost a flavor packet from a Raman noodle package.

He took out of a flavor packet and laid on the counter, put the bowl in the micro, walked back over to the counter and it was gone .. seriously.

we looked every where.. 10 mins later, my wife found it in the cupboard right above the counter where he laid it 10mins before.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:22 AM
link   
We always have our bedroom door open so the 2 cats and go in and out as they please, it's usually open about 3-4 inches.

I glanced at the door not 1 min before to see if it was open, went to the bathroom, came back and it was shut ... all the way closed. I never heard it shut being only 7ft away.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Haha!

I have enjoyed reading your 'Diary of the unexplained'

It has become a running joke at my workplace about how scissors go missing - it happens all the time and everybody who works there has experienced it.

It doesnt happen to any other stationery (pens, calculators, staplers e.t.c), just scissors. I will be using a pair, i'll put them down and then when i go to pick them up again lo and behold they have vanished!

Typically, a search will then be instigated, involving myself and several colleagues but invariably we cant find them. I will then go back to where i was first using them only to find them lying there - looking blissfully innocent as to the fuss they have just caused.

It has got to the stage where i have started to anticipate them going walkabout on their own. When i put the scissors down, i make a concious mental note of their exact position and location so that in the event of mysterious displacement at least i can be sure they were indeed where i thought they should be.

Frustratingly, when i follow this procedure, the scissors behave and never go missing yet the minute i put them down without thinking of logging there position - they are off again!

Because of this i was inclined to think that it was me being absent-minded, but it has happened to everyone i work with and , as i said, it is only the scissors that are affected.

I never thought that i was capable of hating an inanimate object!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
I really enjoyed reading this thread, I think it's something we can all relate to.

My keys disappeared in my flat once, I looked in the jacket I had left them in and they just weren't there, I did have a spare set but I didn't like the idea that maybe someone had taken them so I turned the whole house upside down looking for them, under the bed, in cupboards (it's a small flat so I checked every square inch) but never found them. About a month later I came home and as I walked through the front door I saw my keys just sitting their on a chair in plain view.

I live with my girlfriend but she was just as confused as me about it and she was out with me when they reappeared.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Silver Star

Yep .. this is EXACTLY what I'm talking about
I couldn't have said it better myself.. My first thought for you scissors would be make a mark on the table where they are at before you leave

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

Yep, it's crap like this that really screws with your head; intresting though because it was in your jacket..

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Possibilities?

1. Absent-mindedness.... simple, and not too strange, but hard to confirm too

2. Poltergeist.... possible, but more unlikely (more likely if an adolescent is in the house though)...research it.

3. Underpants Gnomes.... not really, but much old folklore about Fairy Folk is based on the idea of missing articles.

4. Time Builders.... There was actually an old Twilight Zone episode on this (or a similar show), that had these construction guys, all in blue, who build every moment of time (and slips were basically when they forgot to put something just right)....

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join