It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Common Ground

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Opinions are like arses,

everybody's got one.

Do you condemn someone for having an arse?

So why should you condemn someone for having an opinion.

???

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:21 PM
link   
And with an opinion as with an arse there is a proper time and place to expose it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sometimes you just have to go though,

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:26 PM
link   
...And sometimes both opinions and arses stink!

This is not a one line post. Good thread!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Thanks for answering kosmicjack,

it's not a free for all,
it's a place to say your opinion without prejudice.

What's said in here, stays in here.

Other than that, anything goes within the T&C.

Repeat - if you say it in here, you don't use it against somebody later.

This is based on goodwill - that's like arseholes and opinions:
Everybody's got it.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

So, what prompted you to OP this "common ground" thing my friend? I mean we can speculate as it fits quite easily into a mantra for ATS but is there a single driving incident?

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Not really mate.

I keep noticing all these threads that are counter productive.

And to be honest,
well

I think that there's a place for a thread that people can come to and let off steam, without worrying about gossips.

That's the kind of thread that I'd like.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by budski

Yea, I know what you mean. What bothers me are subjects that get ignored because they're in a section that doesn't appeal to the bulk of members. Like the OP I posted in the UFO forum last Friday. Everyone loved it for the amount of time it lasted there but it eventually got moved to BTS. I knew it would get no attention in BTS so I snuck it into UFO. If they would have left it there it would probably have gotten at least 3 pages of responses. I don't care about the points, I was just trying to give people a lift with it. I did it just for the smiles. I posted a fascinating OP this afternoon but it's in the science section and doesn't seem to be getting much attention. It's disappointing and not because it's me but because the subject matter gets missed.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Anyway, didn't mean to get off subject but your's seemed to flow into mine so easily. I can tell I'm getting tired because the intelligence level of my posts is falling fast.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 03:40 AM
link   
reply to post by budski

Output (stdout) of my asshole in general does not change the world, but it does however enable flowers to grow nicely. It means that my asshole is capable of creating beauty. Since shape of some flowers can be described as fractal, my asshole can output standard fractals as well.

My opinions however do create war.

I am also a pacifist (although I realize that sometimes military power prevents wars).

So, am I to # happily forever, creating peace and beauty or should I actually choose to speak (thus, producing war) as well?

I'm going to start a new religion based on this educated observation.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by rawsom
Output (stdout) of my asshole in general does not change the world, but it does however enable flowers to grow nicely. It means that my asshole is capable of creating beauty. Since shape of some flowers can be described as fractal, my asshole can output standard fractals as well.

Best. Metaphor. Ever.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
This thread is proof that stag nights and ATS do not mix.

However.

It's still a good laugh and that's what count

boy is my head sore..... :w:

And I've got to do it all again later - we had the wedding and reception/meal earlier, and the evening party starts at 7 tonight.

[edit on 8/3/2008 by budski]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:03 AM
link   
double post - apologies

[edit on 8/3/2008 by budski]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:39 AM
link   
Jbondo
That's a good point,
but there's no reason why BTS and AP should be less popular than ATS - there's some great stuff in them, and it's a pity more people don't realise that.

I think that if established and older members were to drive AP and BTS a bit more, then they could be just as popular as ATS.

I know that I've been guilty of focussing only on one forum when I post, but I hope to change that and really get to know the whole site, rather than just one little corner of it.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:26 PM
link   
I wasn't even drinking last night so I don't even have an excuse for the rash of idiotic posts I made.

Oh yea, I was tired but I should have just stopped at the science post in the afternoon and let go.

By the way, what did you think of that lightning video? I thought it was very cool.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 09:33 AM
link   
That video is REALLY cool,
I especially like the pattern that looks like fir branches.

I used to work for canon, and know the way copiers work (or DID work, they're mostly digital now) but I didn't know you could do that.

I feel a trip to the shops coming on so I can buy a shag pile rug and try that out

new topics

top topics

join