It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Was Your Worst Childhood Fear?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:08 PM
link   
What was your worst childhood fear? Spiders, snakes, clowns? Let me know and Doc and I may read your post on show #1 of The BTS Mix!

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Spencer Tracy]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hey Guys

My worst fear as a child was Wasps!

They always seemed to chase me, and every year since the age of 1 i got stung! I even got stung 7 times one year!
People used to say to me to stand still and the wasp would not sting me lol I always got stung!!!!

So there you go, That was my major child hood fear,

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Spencer Tracy

i dont fear anything
thats right i was fearless

nothing scared me

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

Liar...you were scared of your self..

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by minnie

i blame the giant Zit and the mirror at the time

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
Once, when I was about eight, I slept in the top bunk bed of the son of a family friend while my parents where out-of-town. For weeks after I was an emotional wreck...I finally confided to my mom that I was scared I was pregnant because I had "slept" with a boy...What can I say, I was an eight year old goody-two-shoes. I was sooo freaked out!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I HATE wasps. I remember as a kid picking up a big black wasp that had either just died or was going to soon, touched the abdomen and got stung. I was about two at the time and I can still remember every detail; even my uncle sticking my hand into a coffee can full of turpentine. Did I mention that I HATE wasps? Thanks for the post!

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by kosmicjack
Once, when I was about eight, I slept in the top bunk bed of the son of a family friend while my parents where out-of-town. For weeks after I was an emotional wreck...I finally confided to my mom that I was scared I was pregnant because I had "slept" with a boy...What can I say, I was an eight year old goody-two-shoes. I was sooo freaked out!

Great story! We can look back now and think, "I can't believe I was scared about that.." but we all carry something of those childhood fears into adulthood. Thanks!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Clowns. Or any masked person in general. I really don't like not being able to see a persons face. Their REAL face, not the stupid smile that was painted on them. Its hard to trust or even believe them if I can't SEE them. Know what I mean? And I'm not trusting at all to begin with. I can probably blame Stephen King and his stupid book/movie.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I agree.Clowns are scary but the thing that sticks in my mind the most from my childhood were those horrible public safety announcement videos that they used to make us watch in schools in the 80s.

They used to have the grim reaper chasing children off building sites and pointing his bony hand at the children.Downright creepy stuff.
Definately shouldnt show them to 7 year olds.
Does anybody remember any of those ?

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:00 PM
link   
aliens coming into my room at night and a shadow from a tree in my backyard that looked like a very evil man in a top hat at night

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I used to dream of a bee chasing me, it scared me so bad. I was also afraid of my cousin that tried to molest me...

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I used to be scared of the tv. I think it might even be scarier nowadays!
I thought that the people on TV could see me.
specifically Mr.Rodgers, just the way he always asks you questions and waits for you to answer; he always knew what I was thinking, I guess thats probably what scared me!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 06:42 PM
link   
reply to post by psychedeliack

Oh no! My daughter and I used to laugh at how scary those puppets from Mr. rogers with their big bulbous cheeks were just creepy!

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   
When I was young my brother used to chase me around trying to put locust/cicada shells on me. (I tried to google it before I posted and got all itchy and had to close the page so I don't know which one it was. lol) Anyhow, I was scared to death of them. I would scream like an axe murderer was after me. Here I was traumatized yet I was the one my parents scolded since I was over reacting in their eyes.

Now that I'm older I thought those days were over until I went to my parents house one day on on the table was this odd looking bug. I thought it was plastic since it was around Halloween time. My mom had this funny grin on her face and I asked what it was. She started to pick up the piece of paper it was on and said remember when your brother.... Holy mother of pearl, enough said, I knew right then what the wretched creature was only this time it wasn't the shell... it was dead!!!!! I took off screaming and locked myself in the bathroom so they wouldn't throw it on me. I had to beg my mom to throw it out.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 10:08 PM
link   
My fears were:

FROGS

And presidents named GEORGE.

:bnghd:

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 12:54 AM
link   
For me it was ( and still is ) the dark. I had an incident when I was 1 and a half that I can still remember to this day, 39 years later!! It was a figure with a glowing face on my sisters bed and it scared the bejesus out of me to say the least!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was most scared of the thing I was sure was living under my bed, and the thing living in the closet!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I was about 7 years old, and I was allowed to stay up late one night with my parents to watch a movie. It was one of those crappy B movies called "Dolls", if I remember correctly. It was about dolls that were possessed by demons, and they killed everyone in the house that was there.

For a couple years after that, I was scared to death of the dolls that my sister had, because I thought they'd come and get me at night.

In retrospect, I believe that movie was a knockoff of the Puppet Master movies. They were terrible knockoffs too, as Puppet Master was just a funny movie.

Anyway, that was my childhood fear.

TheBorg

[Edited to fix Muppet to Puppet.]

[edit on 9-3-2008 by TheBorg]

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 04:37 AM
link   
...as a child I was pretty much a tomboy, so, I was'nt scared of crawly things, except spiders, tornado's, The exorcist, and my grandma's house that was haunted!

Now that I am older and more feminine, I am scared of spiders, tornado's, The exorcist,(or any possessed girl that speaks like a man), escalators, fire, my closet, and sleeping at night! There are more but, I cant list them all!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join