It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical situation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:03 AM
link   
My girlfriend is away for the week on a Hen party with friends, but this isn’t about her. It’s about me, my house and the night.
I used to get night terrors, which started again recently, occasionally hearing something that wakes me up and then silence, or bad dreams. Monsters and [Snip].
It got so bad that my girlfriend wasn’t going to go, but I insisted she did.
For the past few nights I’ve been sharing my bed with a baseball bat
Last night I awoke to hear something in my house.
Quietly getting out of bed, I grabbed the bat and stood behind the closed bedroom door. I had it raised ready to strike. The sweat of fear pouring off me. There was a creak on the stairs, and my hands gripped the handle of the bat tighter.
The door handle moved. Something was opening the door.
I now saw what it was. It was an alien, grey and unmistakable. The bat came down, hard.
There was movement behind it as another rushed to either me or to help its fallen comrade. The bat came back up, striking it hard under its chin, sending it flying against the wall and down the stairs.
The one that I had hit first was on the floor in front of me, shaking. The bat came down again and again. I hadn’t realised until I stopped for breath that I had been screaming.

I ran downstairs, and there was the second grey lying motionless on the floor. Slowly I strode past it, imagining it reaching out its hand to grab my foot. It didn’t. Grabbing some DIY stuff from the kitchen, I ran back to the unconscious alien and smacked it with the baseball bat. It fell over making a strange noise. From the items, I grabbed some cable ties and hogtied the thing.

That’s where things are up to now.

The alien I repeatedly smacked with the bat is now in the bath tub, its wrists tied to the bath handles. I know its dead, nothing with its head shaped like that would be alive, but I wont take any chances.
The other is in the corner of this room. It’s still there, trussed up, arms and legs behind its back. It now has a pillow case over its head which I’ve secured in place with duct tape. It’s intelligent enough to realise that when it moves or tries to get out of its bonds, it gets hit. Only had to do hit it once before it realised it was a bad idea.

What do I do now?

(Before anyone claims Im [Snip] please be aware of the title of the thread)

Mod Edit: Please see Terms and Conditions of Use 1b.) Profanity. Thank you - Jak]

[edit on 10/3/08 by JAK]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I'd guess the suggestion to warm up the grill isn't what you're looking for? Didn't think so.

Darn good question though.....where would you go with something of that magnitude? The police? I suppose my first move would be a camera, tripod, audio recorder, and lots and lots of blank tapes...

Who could you trust in order to reveal what you've captured? A really big university with a known science department might be my first choice.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Uhh...I would say run away, run away fast. Thats what I would do. Don't know how many aliens are going to be after you for that. Plus they could pull some crazy thing and come back to life and attack you.

Yeah, so I would do the "safest" thing, and go away.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Now you go to the dead one.

Collect samples of tissue, blood, and other features the alien may have.
Do it 5 times and put it on 5 different (and distant) location from each other.
Choose 5 people you trust and tell each of them ONE of the places you hidden the samples.

Take the alive one, throw it in the trunk of you're car and head to your capital (national or state). On the way, you call various media centers and announce that you have AMAZING news about Paris Hilton (or any other polemic issue that attracts the media but not MIB) and are going to show at [insert large, crowded and popular place here).

Let the flashing do the rest.

Pray the ET's friends don't come after you for revenge.

Peace

PS.: nice imagination exercise, thanks.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Thanks for giving us your name so we know who to roast in hell if they come and destroy the planet (kidding)

How much of that is hypothetical though? If you really are having repeated night terrors and you're sleeping with a baseball bat next to you then that is a really serious problem. Maybe visiting a hypnotherapist would get to the bottom of that.

I don't know if they use the door though, from all abduction encounter reports that I've read and heard about, they prefer to be more intrusive and just suddenly appear by your bed. But this is a really good hypothetical question. It certainly sounds like it would be an interstellar nightmare that could hinder any peaceful contacts between our races
But as far as I know, ETs are not granted diplomatic immunity and I can't blame you too much for wanting to slug an intruder, no matter what it is.

I don't think running would be a good idea. I would take thousands of pictures and hours of video, send it to as many people and places that you can, through e-mail, regular mail, and deliver in person. Include your story and personal information and stay in public as much as possible. If your name and face is public I think it would make you a harder target to cover up. If nobody knew who you were, they could just get rid of you and make up any story they want to.
My two cents

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 09:56 AM
link   
[

Originally posted by MrAndy
How much of that is hypothetical though? If you really are having repeated night terrors and you're sleeping with a baseball bat next to you then that is a really serious problem. Maybe visiting a hypnotherapist would get to the bottom of that.

How much hypothetical? 99%

Most of the idea came from reading abduction reports, i.e. would I be able to use a tazer or a gun? What happens if the tazer didnt work etc etc

The 1% would be that when I was a little kid I was scared of the dark. I used to run like hell to the bathroom, have a leak, fill my mouth with water and then run back to my bed as quick as I could jumping in, from what I regarded, a safe distance
I think I vaguely remember thinking that what ever was in the dark, would be stunned by the fact that a little kid spat that much in its face, giving me time to make a quick exit.

...but enough of my childhood

Thank you to the mod who moved this to the correct forum!

[edit on 7-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I would start making your cover story to explain to your girlfriend on why you have a dead alien in your bathtub.

But, in a situation like that..hmm. I would take pictures, film, and leave before 24 hours...

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
I sure see the logic of being ready to defend yourself at home,
especially in the bedroom at rest...

But I gotta ask- before you swung the bat, did they make any threatening
gestures? If they had, then you did ok.

If they weren't hostile tho, why not try to communicate? Smile, offer 'em
a beer, or a snack, you-know, and of course get the video cam rolling,
like everyone else said. Show them a comedy movie, or 'Alien' or
home vids, see their reaction, huh?

Definitely check out their spacecraft, offer to change the oil, wash the
windshield, check the graviton pressure, etc...

Then, fill up the super-soakers and have a water fight! Who knows, they
might be a blast to hang out with! Absolutely show them the ATS site,
ask them to register, and click on UFO's...

All living things communicate, even me!

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 08:04 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Gasp; shame on you, about the anuses!

lol

But, I suppose it's ok for you-you're a doctor, huh?

Hypothetically.

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Some good replies coming up!

Originally posted by Shadow_Lord
I would start making your cover story to explain to your girlfriend on why you have a dead alien in your bathtub.

Sweetheart, we have guests, and we're going to be rich if the CIA dont get us first

Originally posted by FRIGHTENER
I sure see the logic of being ready to defend yourself at home,
especially in the bedroom at rest...

But I gotta ask- before you swung the bat, did they make any threatening
gestures? If they had, then you did ok.

At the point in the story, I was charged with fear and adrenaline, fight or flight, do or have done. They might have had the wrong house and was calling to apologise, to discuss spiritual harmony or return Elvis. As it was, I was scared and beyond reason. If they had been nice, then they should have rang the doorbell first

Originally posted by doctormcauley
Stick something in their anuses. They were planning on doing it to you.

hypothetically.

Not that way inclined, and, do aliens have an anus?

Originally posted by MrPenny
I'd guess the suggestion to warm up the grill isn't what you're looking for? Didn't think so.

Darn good question though.....where would you go with something of that magnitude? The police? I suppose my first move would be a camera, tripod, audio recorder, and lots and lots of blank tapes...

Who could you trust in order to reveal what you've captured? A really big university with a known science department might be my first choice.

I'd think Id want to keep hold of it, kept in the loop. I wouldnt want it dissapearing and myself being called a fraud afterwards

Originally posted by Sator
Now you go to the dead one.

Collect samples of tissue, blood, and other features the alien may have.
Do it 5 times and put it on 5 different (and distant) location from each other.
Choose 5 people you trust and tell each of them ONE of the places you hidden the samples.

Take the alive one, throw it in the trunk of you're car and head to your capital (national or state). On the way, you call various media centers and announce that you have AMAZING news about Paris Hilton (or any other polemic issue that attracts the media but not MIB) and are going to show at [insert large, crowded and popular place here).

Let the flashing do the rest.

Pray the ET's friends don't come after you for revenge.

Peace

PS.: nice imagination exercise, thanks.

I like this idea best, go public a.s.a.p.

[edit on 10-3-2008 by Mark Roazhar]

posted on Mar, 10 2008 @ 06:07 AM
link   
This situation is not gonna happen.

You may hear them but will be paralised by them.
If their "paralise technique" fails their system would have redundancy.

If that full failed they would be aware that you are not paralised and do the whole "you feel safe and warm feeling" thing in your head we hear so much about.

Next, if that then didn't work due to you being fatigued from lack of sleep, stressed and full of adrinaline, then their motion sensors would tell them that today is not the day to pay a visit.

NOW, supposedly they were feeling overly confident, as a superior species might, then yo may have a chance at this as their have never been reports of them carrying weapons and you have a size advantage.
This does not mean that you are stronger because who knows what genetically enhanced strength that an alien may have in thos tiny muscles.

For arguments sake you get them all knocked out...and win this encounter, let see what would happen next.

ET recovery mission.
Do you think that they were alone in that ship?
Do you think that is the only ship?
Do you think that the whole beaming up and go through walls things that we hear about only works on us?

No my friend, wave 2 would come and so forth until you had no chance, no matter how you holed up or how fast you can swing that bat.

So to answer you hypothetically - this would hypothetically not be possible in my humble opinion.

Starred you anyway as it is a good conversation point!

[edit on 10-3-2008 by smans]

posted on Apr, 14 2008 @ 12:50 AM
link   
What the last poster said: It would be very hard to imagine just two... if you did, some-how, take out all their members... I would say: get on their ship, and fly it into public eye, if the ship is landed....

BUT, the LAST THING you would want to do, is stay in your home to do ANYTHING. What you need to do, is load up into your car, and drive to the nearest wall mart or 24/7 super store, and take them in there. Do your internet stuff and samples of flesh.

Why there? Its open 24/7, its operated and visited by average joes who will, A: Freak at what you have and go tell others, B: be in a well lit, public place, C: be on dozens of security cameras...etc.etc.etc.. get the idea?

The question is: Can you drive to the store faster than their friends can locate your car!

Consider this: E.T. crashes never have 'friendlies' show up right off the bat... but yes...

QUICKLY load them into the car, tie and sack BOTH of them, dead or not! Insure they have no devices on them while doing this...

top topics

join