It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do conspiracy theorists exists in real life, or just online and in books?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illahee
I suppose that was a little harsh. What is real is what one believes as truth I suppose. I find great entertainment value here from just observing everyones opinions and activities. Its probably not really fair for me to say one way or another. I know a large percentage of folks her subscribe to most of the conspiracies. Just because I see this in more of an entertainment vein doesn't mean others do now that I give it consideration. My reality is far different from what others may be able to perceive, since I created most of it myself.

Well...I dont think you were harsh.

Let me put it another way:

If you accept only ONE of the more outlandish conspiracy-theories, thereĀ“s a whole chain of other things you have to accept at the same time.

I cant just go accepting that the 9/11 planes were holograms...without also accepting that hundreds of people must have been involved in that conspiracy, that the government is fundamentally evil, that the populace is more stupid than I thought, that nothing is as it seems.

So since its often hard to pick one little conspiracy and believe in that and not many others I guess it really is a question of two entirely different ways of interpreting the world.

For reasons of personal mental health Ive simply accepted that there are things happening that my eyes dont see...bad and good. I sense that many "conspiracy-theorists" fail to see the good side.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by AcesInTheHole
start with something that most people already believe to be associated with conspiracy. JFK is a great place to break the CT ice so to speak.

thats a very good point, although I'm not sure how I would "babyfy" (thanks SF, ha) something like Project Artichoke / MK Ultra.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
This thread seems odd to Me. Yes, there are conspiracy theorist's out in the real world. I talk about these issues all the time in public. People talk negative about politics all the time. I've gained a consensus of information through chatting to the public all the time. There are less and less people trusting the government and more and more just waiting for the election to happen.

The funny thing is for those who would bash a conspiracy theorist knows nothing of this nation having been founded on a conspiracy. That's right, the Founding Fathers were conspracists, not theorists. A theorist is someone who considers theories and talks about them to other people. The Founding Fathers conspired against King George to subvert his rule. They commited treason against a tyrant in order to create a better nation.

[edit on 8-3-2008 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
I cant just go accepting that the 9/11 planes were holograms...without also accepting that hundreds of people must have been involved in that conspiracy, that the government is fundamentally evil, that the populace is more stupid than I thought, that nothing is as it seems.

well, in a world with over 6 billion people in it, a few hundred, or ten thousand, for that matter, is not REALLY that many people.

how many people have worked at area 51 over the years?
how many people work at IBM or Intel or boeing or haliburton?
how many people are employed in the secret service?

according to debunker logic, none of those corporations would be able to keep a secret, because too many people are in on it. this is simply not true because of 'two' things. compartmentalization/overspecialization, and fear/loyalty(non-disclosure) or 'duty'.

the populace is partly stupid, and largely apathetic and distracted and too diffuse for unified action.

there didn't have to be holograms for the lies and insidious fascism of the current administration to be a conspiracy against the american public, and indeed the whole world. or for the in toto anomalies of 9/11 to be apparent.

but, i agree, though. you have to completely shatter your rose coloured glasses to see the true power conduits that move our society. and, it's real dark.

it is hard to see the good, when the good is currently dwarfed by the evil.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join