It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do conspiracy theorists exists in real life, or just online and in books?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:56 PM
link   
I figured this was the best place for this post. Mods, feel free to move around - however it's not BTS material, since it's exclusive to conspiracy theories of the highest order.

As far as I know, the only real conspiracy theorist in the real world, is me. I haven't physically met any other person that seems to be even remotely as concerned with the issues we talk about on ATS all the time.

Most of my friends, and even colleagues and family members refer to me as the CTist. Please don't take this as blowing my own horn, or anything of the sort. It's actually a ridiculous thing for anyone to brag about - I only mention this, because it's both disheartening, but also raises a few questions.

- Is it because of attention span?

I have an uncanny ability to be interested in even the most mundane things (mundane to others). For example, watching a 50 minute interview with Norman Dodd has put every single one of my friends to sleep. (To be fair, it appears Dodd falls asleep a few times as well, ha!). That video just get's me started, and watching 8 hours of Jordan Maxwell lectures is more appealing to me than... well, just about anything else most people normally do for fun on a regular basis.

The longest I've really ever gotten anyone to talk about a CT with me, or watch a video, or listen to a radio show, etc. - has been 15 minutes of attention, then the conversation just dwindles, or I notice they are texting someone on a cell-phone, or just spacing out, thinking about something else completely.

- Is it apathy?

I guess I could be confusing a short attention span, to lack of interest. If that's the case, I'm not sure what to think. Am I really the only one that's even concerned about bloodlines, black ops, mk ultra, paperclip, etc? I guess it comes down to opinion on lots of issues, but who can deny that bloodlines exist? that black ops exist? mk-ultra was real, and still not even fully disclosed? etc. Even if you think black-ops are necessary, and that end justifies the means... it seems people still aren't even interested in the details. They will watch the 2 hour hollywood movie, maybe even a 1 hours History channel special (if it has 3d graphics of course). However, who wants to spend 2 months reading nothing but books about Iran-Contra, Opium trade in the middle east and Asia, the story of Rick Ross, etc?

I do. Perhaps the issues is not with other people, but me - for being crazy.

- It it intelligence?

I will answer this one, no. Many of the people I'm talking about are much smarter than me, maybe that's the problem. Maybe I'm the dumb one, and just too dumb to know it. I'm not sure whether I'd rather be dumb or crazy at this point.

I want to make it clear, I know there are lots of like-minded CTs on ATS, and in a very few other online forums... but to date, I have not met any of you in person (at least not aware of it). Are you guys just as vocal about these issues to people in your physical presence as well, or do you reserve your comments for chat rooms, forums, books, etc. ?

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

At least as far as I am concerned there are at least 3 of us. I am fortunate to have a near 30 year friend that lives within 20 minutes of me that shares my passion for discovering hidden truths and alternative facts. Oddly though it has only been in the last 2 years that we have started comparing notes.

I believe that other than a 18 year gap in our friendship the reason we never "came out of the CT closet" is that we were both very deeply involved in fields that required our secrecy and our livelyhoods depended on our maintaining our classified clearances.

For about 2 years now that I am forcebly medically retired I have been attempting to educate myself to several conspiracy theories that I always suspected but never had the time to persue. I was too busy perpetrating my own conspiracy.

If you would like to meet another real live CT'r U2U me sometime and we'll see if it's logistically possible. My suspicion is that you are not the only "pink" monkey and I also consider myself solipsistic.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   
There is only one real conspiracy. If you write about it you wont be able to get your book in a store and who buys books online these days, that someone hasn't read already. I can't sell books.

billy
www.H2onE2.com

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Good question. I for one love CT and for a number of years have had many a CT discussion with my father in law. I was always a little paranoid about the world I live in but have been shown to realise the difference between paranioa and observation.
I dont think it is so much a matter intelect or attention span but awareness and curiosity.
I for one have possibly the shortest.......(Ooh look there goes a bug...)...what was I saying....attention span of anyone I know.
I have also found that one needs to be careful who to mention the thoeries to and how the subject is raised or unititiated friends may think you a loon.

[edit on 6/3/2008 by VIKINGANT]

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:28 PM
link   

to answer your question...yes, they do exist. i worked with a guy at a coffeehouse who went off about conspiracy theories, aliens, and the paranormal. he even mentioned ATS, and because of him, i am here most every day i can.

we would talk for hours, sometimes whole shifts, and no doubt we scared off a few customers with our banter. these conversations were frequent, public, and went for hours.

you do not meet these kind of people every day...but i suppose it depends on where one lives...ie more liberal college towns/cities vs small rural communities.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:29 PM
link   
hahahahhhhhhahhhahahhhhahahahahahahahahaha oh my

i think we all got conspiracies of some kind.

man i think that microwaving popcorn gives you cancer!

everything does now days though!

i conspiracize that cancer is caused by all the new radioactivity transmissions and crappy stuff like sattelites broadcasting all sorts of different signals around. not only that, eugenism, and when back in the 40s america was totally set on instituionalizing people that have faulty family in their blood lines!!!!
not only that all the stuff they do to kids now adays, man, it's messed up.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:30 PM
link   

i always talk conspiracies to people i know or people i meet, my friends are the worst people to talk to about them because all they know is their work at the local steel factory. it drives me crazy because all they would rather talk about is a machine at work. even if we see, read or hear about something strange at the same time my mind would be wonder whats going on when they have already dissmissed it or forgoten about it even if it was clearly right infront of them

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Believe me I sometimes feel as lonely as you do as a fellow conspiracy theorist. That is mainly due to the general population either a) being apathetic or b)thinking we're nothing but a bunch of crazies. It's basically both for the most part. It is unfortunate that I always have to be careful what I say out loud because it will usually make people ignore you and look at you weird. Seriously, you should've seen the reaction from fellow co-workers when I told them that Obama, Hillary and McCais were a bunch of incompetent fools and that so far neither party has really lived up to the standards of the constitution. They looked at me almost as if I had flushed a koran or bible down the toilet.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:59 PM
link   
To be scientific about anything going on in the world, one needs to take into account what conspiracies are out there as well.
And in my experience, most of my meeting with fellow CT's have been in person, I joined ATS to get a view of what CT's think from other regions.

Typically, most people I talk with could be classified CT, but I think its just more of an awareness issue, it's just not rational to ignore conspiracy. Ignorance is bliss for a lot of folks.
Im not saying jump to any conclusions, but know the playing field.

Joining ATS, its just been nice to see how many other CT aware people there are out there these days. it does seem to be increasing.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Question
you should've seen the reaction from fellow co-workers when I told them that Obama, Hillary and McCais were a bunch of incompetent fools and that so far neither party has really lived up to the standards of the constitution. They looked at me almost as if I had flushed a koran or bible down the toilet.

I can relate, and perhaps one up you, when I told a few people at work a few days ago, that if Hilary wins, it's been decided from the beginning via Bilderberg Group among others. Or perhaps my rants on Bovine Growth Hormone, and Aspartame.

it's funny, I've got people at work switching to soy milk, and giving up artificial sweeteners, after they did their on research (and after calling me weird).

[edit on 6-3-2008 by scientist]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 02:10 AM
link   
My family thinks I am insane and most of my friends have no clue what I am talking about when it comes to CT's. Its funny though when me, my cousin and a friend all seen a UFO in the rockie mountains well now they are always askin me for info on UFO's. I guess if SHTF then I will be the one explaining how it all went down and a big "I told ya so!".

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:28 AM
link   
i've educated TENS of people! i've met others.

the thing is, people don't always talk about it, because, it's SCARY! even if people are harbouring thoughts and doubts, they will not say anything in public because there is a stigma (PURPOSEFULLY!!!) attached to "conspiracy theory".

long live JFK.

and, hopefully learn that, THE MEDIUM IS THE MESSAGE.

this age is soaked in paranoia, and 'they' use it against us.

[edit on 7-3-2008 by billybob]

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Doesnt matter if people believe these conspiracies are real or not, what matters is when theyll accept their realities because theyre being affected by corporate pigs!

With a nation whose being attacked by its own government, theres so much going on that will bluntly prove were in for a big downfall as a democracy!

People can be ignorant all they want, we wont ever know when were really being attacked by terrorists or the u.s government hahhhaah. Brains continue being washed. The day people stop replacing truth with authority is the day we take whats rightfully ours.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by billybob
i've educated TENS of people! i've met others.

hah, me too. I wish it could be much more. My ultimate goal is to spark more interest in these subjects using entertainment - but so far, most conspiracy related stuff seems to only be interesting to me (as far as 4 hour lectures go).

I've been working on a few things to hopefully get a wider range of people interested, but it's not easy.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 06:55 PM
link   
The best conspiracy theorist I ever heard was Mae Brussels-google her.
She was on the radio for the late 1970's and 1980's -she had great insights and
kept records on all the people involved in Kennedy Assassination, RFK and
MLK assassination, Iran Contra-she had extensive files and cross-referenced to reveal
the some of the same people kept popping up. When she went after some High level
Nazis in the pentagon she came home one day and found a joker card on her table
that said "You're dead". The next few months she died of stomach cancer. Someone
broke into her house, never stole anything, just left that joker and possibly put
some cancer causing agent in her mayo jar. Once she died the house across the
street burned down-with spying stranger leaving.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Well...

...ATS is the only place where I can write and read it without censoring myself, without restraint. Thats whats great about ATS.

You know how you have to baby-fy the information when you´re out there because nobody is familiar with what you´re talking about. So rather than starting on base 1 "Is there extraterrestrial life out there?" you can get straight to the meat and discuss everything from ET-propulsion-systems to a possible false-flag-alien-attack arranged by the social engineers of the secret government.

Why dont they care? Its a mix of all...laziness, apathy, disinterest, brazen stupiditiy, shame and exhaustion.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Are there really conspiracies everywhere? Possibly. Might be about 10% of what is here is real. The whole thing is people get addicted to their let down chemicals the same way horror fans love to be scared. They are addicted to the relief wave when they part from it. A conspiracy addict will likely get up and move away from the screen about every 20-30 minutes and then come right back for more.

Then again a couple of real deal scraps have floated by in here that keep me coming back too. Some of the weird news I have forwarded has actually helped win one legal case, so there are good things floating around here.

There are a lot of icke fans on the outside from here too. I had a guy slip me one of his books in a brown paper bag like it was a some kind of big spy drama. I know he read the thing and believes every word of it without ever doing the research. People are strange.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Illahee:

This essentially touches on the question "What is real?". I can easily shift into a mood in which its ALL nonsense, a waste of time, paranoia. Just as easily I´ll switch back into deep mystery...or anywhere in between the two.

Maybe its important to be able to see it this way AND that way without getting stuck in one of the worldviews.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist

Most of my friends, and even colleagues and family members refer to me as the CTist. Please don't take this as blowing my own horn, or anything of the sort. It's actually a ridiculous thing for anyone to brag about - I only mention this, because it's both disheartening, but also raises a few questions.

I can identify with this. My family is fairly educated on the subjects, but my friends aren't to keen on getting into the CT stuff. You can't force others to be interested, but you can try different ways. I always like to bring up a mainstream news subject, and give them a taste of a CT'ers view on things while trying to speak rationally and intelligently. Sometimes it's all in how you present yourself.

Oh yeah, start with something that most people already believe to be associated with conspiracy. JFK is a great place to break the CT ice so to speak. The majority of Americans already believe there was some kind of cover-up or conspiracy there, so it's a good place to start.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 07:56 PM
link   
I suppose that was a little harsh. What is real is what one believes as truth I suppose. I find great entertainment value here from just observing everyones opinions and activities. Its probably not really fair for me to say one way or another. I know a large percentage of folks her subscribe to most of the conspiracies. Just because I see this in more of an entertainment vein doesn't mean others do now that I give it consideration. My reality is far different from what others may be able to perceive, since I created most of it myself.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join