It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Merchant Of Death' Arms Dealer Arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

'Merchant Of Death' Arms Dealer Arrested

news.sky.com

An infamous Russian arms dealer accused of breaking UN embargoes by supplying weapons to African conflicts has been arrested in Thailand.

Viktor Bout - nicknamed the Merchant of Death - was seized on a warrant issued by a Thai court, police Lieutenant General Pongpat Chayapan said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.straitstimes.com

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   
I wonder who else has this 'merchant of death' been trading with?

He's been very active dealing with Africans,but does he also have links to terrorists...

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Anyone who generates as much war, death and destruction as he does, usually gets a 'get out of jail free' card every single time.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by fattyp
Anyone who generates as much war, death and destruction as he does, usually gets a 'get out of jail free' card every single time.

I believe this is who Lord of War was modeled after. And yeah government ties sweeps it under the rug.

www.imdb.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Great movie.
However i hope ,that not as in this movie (sorry if spoiled) that dude will get jail. This is maybe not what he deserves, but i am against death penalty.
I know that a lot of countries officialy trade weapons in much much larger amounts, but even private "black" sellers withdrawl from a market will save a lot of lives.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:09 AM
link   
This guy is something else - I have read part of the book about him. He actually contracts (I think) with Fed Ex. He is known also for being able to get goods (apparently of all kinds) to remote parts of the globe.

Fascinating guy. I am just surprised he wasn't picked up sooner.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Just a minnow really.

When are they gonna go after the big boys, such BAE, Northrop-Grumman, Boeing etc?

Seriously, our own governments have been running arms to tin-pot dictators for decades that are used in the oppression of the citizens, just so big corporations can steal the resources that particular country has in abundance.
It's like the drug trade. Bust the small players but the guys shifting it by the ton are always elusive and untouchable.

top topics

join