It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama could force his way into the White House

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Seeing how close the democratic candidates are, but how passionate Obama's followers are, isn't it possible that he could force his way into the democrat nomination if he wanted? Assuming Clinton wanted to carry her campaign to the convention, Obama could call her up and say, "Hillary, look, we are basically split down the middle in terms of delegates, but I have the party energized. I think you should just join me as my VP and we can take this home. If not, I can go and run as an independent and assure neither one of us will be in the White House."

I don't really think he would do this, but considering the way things are going, couldn't he? It seems to me that he is in the position of control here.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I really don't think it's possible. He won't beat McCain anyway. If anyone is going to force their way into the White House, it will be Hillary.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by martianvirus

I don't think he alone could beat McCain necessarily, but if it were a Obama/Clinton ticket, I think he quite possibly take it.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I think people are seriously overestimating the Obama factor here in saying there is no way he could lose to McCain.

The majority of the American public doesn't even know what Obama stands for as far as issues. They just know they like him and he gets them energized. On matters of policy Obama and Clinton are almost identical. Taking into consideration the general disdain for most of Clinton's policies, once the general election begins and people stop voting on hype and start taking a serious look at stances, Obama will be in serious trouble.

posted on Mar, 6 2008 @ 04:21 PM
link   
If he does get the nomination (and he should, unless the PTB do something about it), he should be able to win the POTUS.

THink about it.

Everyone knows what McCain is, he is a known comodity, and we know what he is selling stinks.

Obama is an unknown, the hype has built him up, and no one knows a damm thing about him.

So, the people must decide to vote for what they know they are going to get, or take the wild card and vote for the unknown...

Since i think most people wouldn't vote in someone they know will stink the joint up, Obama will win... unless of course he selects Clinton as his VP, then he is a dead man, but thats a whole nother thread.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 08:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by TKainZero
Obama is an unknown, the hype has built him up, and no one knows a damm thing about him.

Yet.

Once we get into the general election people are going to have to start taking a look at his stances on important issues. There is no doubt in my mind that once they do, a large portion of his "followers" are going to run screaming for the hills.

Once people start looking into his associations with Antonin Rezko, Weather Underground and more, they are going to see that voting for someone on "hope" alone is a mistake they are not willing to make.

posted on Mar, 7 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nyk537

...people have started looking at his stances on issues. they're even looking at his voting record and the bills he wrote, sponsored, and co-sponsored...

i'm one of those that has, and i'm not running for the hills. we don't live in a country of guilt by association, you have to actually show that he did something wrong before you point a finger.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Seeing how close the democratic candidates are, but how passionate Obama's followers are, isn't it possible that he could force his way into the democrat nomination if he wanted?

Do not listen to the lapdog press spin. First of all, as of today (March 8, 2008), Barack Obama leads Hillary Clinton in the delegate count. He will probably also score many more delegates/states and Superdelegates in the days and weeks to come. I know this will come as a big, stinging shock to Hillary, but the liklihood of Superdelegates moving into her column at this stage, to save her bacon, is an absolute fantasy, as Bill would say. The fact of matter is, the majority of insiders AS WELL as mere mortal voters, just aren't that into Hillary.

Obama doesn't have to force anything. It is Hillary who will do the forcing, and bitching and whining from here to Denver.

Democrats should force her to pull the plug sooner rather than later, for the sake of the party and for the sake of democracy.

posted on Mar, 8 2008 @ 01:05 PM
link   
If you want to take a look at a very similar race; with what will probably be an almost exact replay, check out the 1980 Democratic primary race between Ted Kennedy and Jimmy Carter. Superdelegates were created in that race's aftermath.

Ted Kennedy was in Hillary Clinton's position and Carter was in Obama's (now). Carter led in delegates all the way to the convention and Kennedy kept fighting all the way down to the wire.

Their battle may have played a significant role in Carter's impending defeat to Reagan. Another race similar was the '76 battle between Ford and Reagan.

Walter Shapiro has www.salon.com... a good piece at Salon.com discussing this.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 12:54 PM
link   
He Really Could pull off a coup and rob hillary of her coronation. All he has to do is get more delegates. Which he has. Also more votes (Even including FL and MI) and more states.

so it looks like that might turn out to be a valid election victory.

but i guess we're not into that anymore?

Please., gfy

new topics

top topics

join