It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police: 'You fit the profile'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:36 AM
link   
Personally, I think many of these guys suffer from thinking they are untouchable, and they flip over into a God ego trip. The way to deal with this kind of stuff is to make harsher penalties on them when they do screw up, so they are actually afraid of doing something inappropriate. Considering that disobeying a “Lawful Verbal Command” is an automatic sentence of being beaten senseless at the scene; every time that one of these guys oversteps the law, they need to be prosecuted one step up, the same as an armed criminal would be. Therefore, if a cop beats a man, rather then being given a lighter or equal sentence to another criminal, it should be stepped up because of their special position to the next higher sentence. For example instead of battery, charge them with agg battery. In this case, instead of charging these guys with an illegal search ( a slap on the wrist), they should be tried under criminal charges for armed entry into a motor conveyance.

Just my opinion.

[edit on 3/20/2008 by defcon5]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by apc
Cavity searches are not unheard of as hiding things there certainly isn't. To my knowledge though for women it has to be done by a female officer and they are not done street-side.

That's an interesting observation. I wonder what the procedure is? God I would hope it would be performed by a female officer and out of public view! I mean, if she was a known drug-cartel then whatever I guess, but something tells me the evidence was close to nill in this case.

So either there is some significant bit of information going unreported that led the officer to immediately violate this woman before calling the female officer, which seems unlikely, or this cop really is that stupid.

Yeah I think it can be broken down like that. In certain instances I suppose I can see the need to make an immeditate cavity search. Although I am rather loose (excuse the pun, cuz that would be a weird pun) on drug related crimes, and can't think of an instance that would call for a male cop finger probing a young womens vagina street-side! I am also inclined to think this is just a dirty (again no pun) cop!

I just hope Aunt Flow was in town.

Oh no, the red tide is coming!

[edit on 023131p://20u55 by Lucid Lunacy]

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Oh, and on a side-note:

www.ratemycop.com

I think I have linked to that site like five times these past couple weeks?

And the police wonder why this site exists?

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:45 AM
link   
i don't honestly think that these kind's of problem's are anything new or even more prevelant, i think that because we have a medium like the internet that the news is able to travel to all corners of the world. as where before the local papers and t.v. stations wouldn't even touch these kinds of stories and that right there would squash it into the mud never to be viewed by the general public...
dirty cop's and unfair practices have been around since the inception of police forces long before the 19th 20th or even the 21st centuries . people are just too chicken s*&t to stand up for themselves , but thats nothing new either.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 05:59 AM
link   
And they wonder why us 45 year old, middleclass white guys are almost glad when a cop gets killed. This behavior is outrageous and another reason citizens need to demand Transparency and the ability to provide our own Oversight. We need a CITIZEN OVERSIGHT BOARD for all cops and other Security Forces. They want to militarize, then we want Oversight by local citizens.

apc

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Is New York a state where a person can lawfully resist and defend themselves against an illegal arrest?

It's like that bumper sticker... "WARNING: Failure to observe the driver's Fourth Amendment rights causes rapid invocation of the Second."

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

Is New York a state where a person can lawfully resist and defend themselves against an illegal arrest?

It's a bit more complicated than that here, but the most direct answer in practical terms is a big fat "NO".

EDIT to add:

You can be charged with resisting arrest, even if you aren't charged with anything else.

[edit on 3/20/0808 by jackinthebox]

apc

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 07:51 PM
link   
That's too bad. In the past I've come across several cases of people getting their resisting arrest charges dismissed because the arrest was proven unjustified. In one Iowa case the police attempted to arrest a man based on physical description alone and he not only resisted but fought back. All charges were dismissed on appeal with the court opinion being that the man was entirely within his right to defend himself as the arresting officer had insufficient cause to make the arrest.

I'd really like to see something like that come from one of these Albany incidents. Maybe one of their next victim's could give the cop the old squeeze 'n' twist.

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Id be in jail an that guy would be smelling his own brain....well lemme resay that, I would be dead. but still brains would be smelt.

An if this happened to my wife..... Whoaaa nelly! . I must not talk about that sit x or else can land me in trouble. But lets just say, that guy wouldnt be violating any other women afterwards.

Im a firm believer in Human Rights, actually just Freewill which fits all that wonderious ordeals into one word, freewill is something everyone has, an always will have, once you take that away, if you dont have a good reason, Action will be taken no matter what the causes and effects are. Rights are Rights they aren't clothes you cant strip them when you want.

People better wake the Flip up, cuz you have too much of this get to the publics eyes, an i can only smell a Revolution. Seeing how C-O-P s are supposed to Serve an Protect, Not get served and be Protected....

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
reply to post by apc

I'd really like to see something like that come from one of these Albany incidents. Maybe one of their next victim's could give the cop the old squeeze 'n' twist.

Won't happen. The cops have the right to detain you for the purposes of investigation. If you resist, you have comitted a crime, even if you were not the person they were actually looking for.

apc

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Why won't you let me dream?!

Even if they wouldn't be within their legal right to resist I would just like to see that in one of these stories that keep on comin'.

"Woman castrates officer after roadside cavity search."

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I say we hire the mafia as our police and let them run the state! At least they have more dignity then these cops. They would probably be less corrupt then the senate and they would probably not leave the US in debt. Pasquale Condello for president!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2008 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99
I say we hire the mafia as our police and let them run the state! At least they have more dignity then these cops. They would probably be less corrupt then the senate and they would probably not leave the US in debt. Pasquale Condello for president!!!

Are you so convinced they are seperate entities?

My theory is that the people with power and the people with money (lots of it) all work together in an intricate secretive web of "screw the the mob". Government, The Church, big corporations, and the mafia alike!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join