It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian leaders deny trying to interfere with U.S. election

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Canadian leaders deny trying to interfere with U.S. election

www.iht.com

Canada's conservative government Monday denied allegations it tried to influence the U.S election by leaking word of a meeting with Barack Obama's senior economic adviser who allegedly told Canadian officials that Obama's comments about the North American Free Trade Agreement were for political show.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Of course, Stephen Harper would never want to do anything to cripple the Democratic headlong rush to the Whitehouse.

Heaven forfend!

More from the above story;

In Ottawa, Conservative Prime Minister Stephen Harper disputed the contention of his political opposition that his right-leaning government leaked word of the meeting to complicate Obama's chances or to favor Republican Sen. John McCain, who strongly supports NAFTA.

On, no...not Harper, who is such a great critic of the Republican Party and GW Bush (not);

Here in Ohio, where some polls give Hillary Clinton a slight edge while others show a dead heat, concerns over the sincerity of Mr. Obama's anti-NAFTA rhetoric could encourage voters worried about disappearing jobs to throw their support behind Ms. Clinton.

Or not.

www.theglobeandmail.com...

Harper also quietly passed this little zinger... allowing US troops onto Canadian soil in 'emergencies'

(wink, wink)

Canada and the U.S. have signed an agreement that paves the way for the militaries from either nation to send troops across each other's borders during an emergency, but some are questioning why the Harper government has kept silent on the deal.

www.canada.com...

There something rotten in the State of Ottawa and it isn't the yellow snow.

added link and a syntax flub

www.iht.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4/3/08 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
I guess I should make my stance on this a bit clearer.

Stephen Harper is reaching out from Canada and attempting to undermine Obama because he and his government want to retain the status quo.

In my opinion, of course.

Anybody care to debunk this? If I was an American who felt that Obama represents true change, I'd be more than a little upset.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by masqua
I guess I should make my stance on this a bit clearer.

Stephen Harper is reaching out from Canada and attempting to undermine Obama because he and his government want to retain the status quo.

In my opinion, of course.

Anybody care to debunk this? If I was an American who felt that Obama represents true change, I'd be more than a little upset.

Yep - you got it all right. Nail on the head. Bullet thru the eye. Just like the British prime minister, the german president, and Sarkozy the new french president - they were put into power via 'fixed' elections and foreign money - and owe their alliegence to the people who put them there to begin with...

J.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by jimbo999]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Geez, I'd be afeared of being sued by Harpo. LOL. Question period was primo. Dryden was better afterward. Ian Brodie, wink. Harpo's blaming DFA "leg-people" in Chi-Town.

Vic

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
Oooo... the election of Harper is another angle to this, isn't it?

The Cadman bribe allegations deserve a BAN thread all on it's own, doesn't it? A huge conspiracy, probably, and not at all off-topic in the final analysis.

(*cough* million dollar life insurance to a dying parliamentarian in the hopes of bringing down the Liberal government *cough*)

All just a conspiracy theory, though

wink wink

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by V Kaminski

I can't wait until the RCMP get invoved in the matter.

Eventful times indeed. If the leaked Obama memo wasn't bad enough, we also have the Cadman affair to drive in the stake.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:37 PM
link   
CBC is currently reporting that after 3 separate specific questions in the Leg today that our PM admitted that it is "his" voice on the taped conversation with the journalist. Rewind to that spring... the PM wasn't talking to "any" media... simply delicious. I do believe that there is an integration beyond that which the public is really cognizant of. By design, no doubt, a design bought in NYC I'd expect. The legislation is often overlooked.

I think a great many folks in the States are afraid of Obama. Limbaugh-today was well worth the pain today - vote Rodham-Clinton says he, oh my.

I really liked Chuck Cadman... never met the man. The book will be an interesting read in light of his significant other's current involvement with the PM's political party. I smell a potential trap... not that I "can" trust the Libs that much more. Situation normal in Ottawa.

Once Harpo crash and burns watch for Petey of Thyssen.

Yup, I'm all for renegotiating every single aspect of NAFTA... really drag it out, nickel and dime them on everything in both official languages. China will buy whatever, no problem. Pay top buck too... that's a CDN buck. Wink. I think some hydro-electric projects could help the Western Canadian watertable situation. Them Russkies make nice ice-breakers too. Got $720 million in the budget for that little Canadian Arctic Sovereignty thing. Wink.

Vic

[edit on 4-3-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Cadman is the rarest of the rare. A political Bigfoot. I liked him too, long hair and all. The allegations in the book are a firestorm that will scorch the feet of the Conservative party because the Family Cadman is as believable as their deceased husband/father.

The meddling in the American polical race is just so in step with the arrogance that the present government has become so famous for.

That Stephen fawned over Bush is no fallacy... it's the Alberta oil that joined them in purpose and NAFTA (which is all about oil these days) is why he interfered.

That he DID interfere should get the American public really ticked off. It makes me wonder just how much the Republicans were involved in this issue as well.

A smear campaign from Canada is easy to wash off your hands in Washington.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimbo999
Yep - you got it all right. Nail on the head. Bullet thru the eye. Just like the British prime minister, the german president, and Sarkozy the new french president - they were put into power via 'fixed' elections and foreign money - and owe their alliegence to the people who put them there to begin with...

Yep, that's the truth of it. Though I reckon the big money is on Obama anyway. That's why he's winning...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

It worked. Sumbitch. She just nailed her speech, eh. Looks to have picked up delegates in Ohio with some returns yet to come. I'm not a US citizen but Fox did make a big deal out of the NAFTA thing... drop that at the door of 24 Sussex. Ian Brodie is the butt-that-scuttles. Yup, fits. McCain is looking "Presidential". Totally juicy.

Harper will have to sue now, if only to save face. Won't be able to ask Mulroney anything because of other pending "legal" matters. Thyssen, Karl-Heinz, McKay Sr., McKay Jr. a Thyssen intern in the early nineties. Yes, yes, all according to plan. Dryden said it OUTSIDE the Leg and forced his hand, gutsy. Election coming... who has the most money and slickest machine? We shall see. I wish Dion could speak a bit better English. Oh, the other "conservative-backdoor" party (Green) out-polled the NDP today 14% to 12%. Sad, sad lot in Ottawa and reich-marshal Bildy-Harper has to get all international. Idiot. Et tu Brute', then comes Petey. Golden parachutes abound. Who knows... Bush ain't in Paraguay yet either. Wink.

Feel darn sorry for Obama, he's not getting a straight media deal... listening to him now. I like Obama or McCain on the phone at 3AM... both for different reasons.

Some are still waiting to caucus - Byzantine. Rove is calling a "big mo" change with Clinton advantage. Cool, what a show.

Vic

[edit on 4-3-2008 by V Kaminski]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Hey, Masqua, I been studying too hard down here in the swamp and keeping up my fight here. I'll email later and explain.

My guy was Dennis Kucinich. And do please, feel sorry for me ... Dennis is a personal acquaintance of Stevvie, here, from Cleveburgh. Yes .... whine ....

I am glad you are hot on the primaries.

I have viewpoints about the last 2 elections. But my thoughts aren't very original.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Good morning, America.

In my opinion;

You are being manipulated by the Canadian prime minister.

Clinton celebrates Ohio win

Clinton got a key, unexpected boost from the Stephen Harper government and the leak of a Canadian memo that indicated Obama was prepared to talk tough on NAFTA in Ohio to "position'' himself politically, not necessarily as a definitive policy position.

www.thestar.com...

edit to re-size statement

[edit on 5/3/08 by masqua]

[edit on 5/3/08 by masqua]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:55 AM
link   
And the beat goes on...

PM denies aide behind Obama leak

Clinton used Canadian memo to accuse Illinois senator of double-talk on NATFA issue

OTTAWA–Prime Minister Stephen Harper is denying that his own top official was the source of diplomatic leaks that have caused turmoil in the race for the U.S. Democratic presidential nomination and could potentially taint future relations between Ottawa and Washington.

Harper, feeling the heat at home and south of the border, yesterday vowed to uncover who leaked details of diplomatic talks that have painted Barack Obama as politically duplicitous.

www.thestar.com...

Of course he's upset at someone ELSE who shall go un-named for weeks to come.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jimbo999

How was the election of the british PM fixed?

Care to back this statement up?

And also about the foreign money?

I think you may be barking up the wrong tree here - please provide evidence to back up your statements.

If you can, which I doubt.

new topics

top topics

join