It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

paradigm shift is on the way for Evolution

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DINSTAAR
This is something that I have heard rumblings about in my Philosophy
I agree with this statement but it implies that religion, namely Christianity, is free of this attitude. I think scientific communities along with religious communities are very susceptible to this perversion. This kind of reminds me of the whole 'earth is round' controversy. For the record I am not attacking your religious beliefs(I am religious too, often to the dismay of my peers).

I, along with many in the field of philosophy, are waiting patiently for this to be fully released.

Well I'd have to agree with you, human nature being what it is. In our hubris, humans like to feel like we've got our worldview nailed down and that there are no surprises left to be found. This is just as true in theological circles as it is in science. Let's not forget western science actually started out as an extension of theology and the natural sciences. The thought was that God created this fantastic mechanical device known as the universe. Only now do we know that the universe is stranger than we could ever have imagined.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by welivefortheson

on another note,couldnt god be behind natural selection?,that god is actually changing the environment,causing the droughts, storms that his creations have the free will to adapt to?.that he is the one creating those mutations and benificial adaptionations!,it makes sense doesnt it?
[edit on 5-3-2008 by welivefortheson]

Well, I was thinking about this very thing today.

When 'God' created the Earth, or any world, he knew what the final outcome would be. Yet he started with primitive, sandal wearing guys who rode camels and drove Oxen and mules.

Why would 'He' create a relatively chaotic system, involving evolution, exploding stars creating heavy metals, microbes evolving into larger organisms, and imperfect, primitive humans and not start with modern man. Did he think Jesus would get hooked on Game shows? (j/k)

Why not create fully functional advanced civilizations on nearly every planet in every solar system.

I mean if I was creating a PC 'Space Exploration Game', I'd want most of the planets to which I'd voyage to have something interesting on them. I wouldn't want to go to Jupiter and see only clouds of metallic hydrogen - how boring! I'd want colorful Jovians, fercryinoutloud.

Instead it looks as though 'He' created a nearly sterile Universe that just existed for 10-13 billion years with nothing happening, then finally at 30 seconds to Midnight, creatures sprang up on Earth.

In addition, why have 'biology' drive things? To us Biological processes seem complex, so some people postulate 'Intelligent design'. But it looks like the end product was too complicated for the 'Creator' so he created 'Nature' and let it do all the hard work. This implies that 'Mother Nature' is more powerful and influential than 'God'.

Of course I realize you could jump around all this and say 'a billion years is like a blink of the eye to God', or 'complex things to us are simple to God', but that wouldn't be much fun to discuss. So let's take a moratorium on that explanation.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Badge01]

<< 1  2   >>

join