It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds warn states of Real ID Deadline

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Feds warn states of Real ID Deadline

www.seacoastonline.com.../20080303/NEWS/80303021/-1/NEWS08&sfad=1

WASHINGTON - Homeland Security officials are pushing recalcitrant states to adopt stricter driver's license standards to end a standoff that could disrupt domestic air travel.

States have less than a month to send a letter to the Homeland Security Department seeking an extension to comply with the Real ID law passed following the 2001 terror attacks. Some states have resisted, saying it is costly, impractical and an invasion of privacy.

(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 3/4/08 by FredT]

[edit on 3/4/08 by FredT]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Ah hell, why don't they just get it over and say the RFID chips will be required to travel anywhere...It's great that WE are required to have all these ID restraints put on us to go anywhere, yet how many tens of thousands of people are able to travel right on over through our wide open borders with NO ID? How many THOUSANDS of immigrants are getting PILOT training with no valid ID's? What a total joke.

www.msnbc.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 4-3-2008 by DimensionalDetective]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
well if this is the same thing as the new ID I'm getting in the next few months, referred to here as smart cards, then im up s*%$'s creek and have no choice but to get one. They were going to do credit checks, but they revised the paperwork and it seems as though credit checks are NOT included this go around. When I get mine, I'll let ya know what's in em and what goes into getting them. Course I have to make sure I can talk about it first

Tela

[edit on 3/4/2008 by Telafree]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Missouri gets until next year to start doing them they already had their deadline extended.

So that means I have until next year before I get this thing. I wonder if running a magnet over it will disable it. If not you could always toss it in the microwave for about five seconds.

Raist

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I was just at my Secretary of State today and asked when I can apply for the Real ID. She said nobody knows when, the rules are not even set yet, the equipment isn't even ordered, it could be another year or two, and this is in Michigan, a state that is trying to comply. They are trying to merge the Michigan ID into one that will act as a passport for Canada as well, which is fine by me.

The day I'll start getting truly angry is the day I can't buy food without ID.

I don't condone the Real ID, or the fear based propaganda in place to push it, or the false reason used for passing the act. But I'm going to be a good little brainwashed citizen and be in line to get mine when the time comes.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I'm proud to be in one of the few states protesting the new ID.

It IS costly, it IS a waste of resources.... but we know exactly why 'they' are pushing it. So we are just protesting on the grounds of cost and resource for the time.... when it comes to the point that we can no longer resist, we'll start protesting for the REAL reasons. Because we are Americans : our ancestors fought and died so that we would not have to play every frivelous little game of paperwork the government comes up with.

Right now, this issue is not the most critical. But it's close. After this, more and more new forms of identification, more forms ofcontrol. We might as well tell them right now that we're not going to let them play King George with us.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:23 PM
link   
My license expires in 2012, they can take their Real ID and shove it up there ass, as I'm using what I got now till it expires...
Saying I cant will just prove that they don't stand by agreements, and anything they issue isn't valid or trusted...

after that I'll just see what happens...

This nice talk about Real ID is as we all know a complete pile of BS, optional this optional that, optional equates to beta testing which eventually becomes standard...

If we go down this road within our lifetimes,
Social security info
License info
Medical info
Criminal record
Sales purchase info
Credit/money it'll all be on here.. easy access for the IRS, so no more small tax free jobs, or under the counter sht, no more getting off...
no more cash, so everything can and will be tracked...

no more cash also means you cant go off the grid if you wanted to... unless your a real hard ass who can really rough it...

Innocent and ran form the cops? cut off...
buy the wrong books? get a knock at your door...
wanna enter any government buildings? post office, courthouse, federal buildings, schools? swipe that Real ID!

bus ride? swipe away... cab ride? swipe away... burger king? swipe away...
need to park by a meter? swipe away...
login to yours or a public PC? swipe away...

hell I'm sure cars and vehicles will be equipped with Real ID scanners, rather then having ignition keys...

No it wont start like this, but it will happen mark my words...

complete control... you purchases, your locations ect will all be flagged and examined under a microscope if anything happens or doesn't add up in there minds...

there is really no limit of the applications this can and will be used for...

[edit on 4-3-2008 by C0le]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:45 PM
link   
I live in a state where they are really resisting the Real ID. However, they reported on the morning news today here, that if the "rogue" states do not adopt the ID by the end of March, Homeland Security could restrict the airline travel of the states residents!

Here is the link to the news story from this morning:
www.montanasnewsstation.com...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Yeah, I don't see how they are going force this on everyone in every state. I have a friend from Arizona that just recently moved back up here to my neck of the woods. He showed me his AZ drivers license once and it was good until 2048! He told me that if you pay the required fee in Arizona, they will issue a license good until you turn 65, at which point you are required to come in for an eye exam! How is Real ID going to be instituted in a state that has been doing this for awhile and many took advantage of this and don't have to return to the DMV for 30-40 years? Wish my state would do that, I hate the waiting times at the DMV, not to mention, for the regular 9-5ers, getting into the DMV can be pretty problematic without having to miss work!

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by webpirate
However, they reported on the morning news today here, that if the "rogue" states do not adopt the ID by the end of March, Homeland Security could restrict the airline travel of the states residents!

Boohoo, am I right?

Just do us a favor and let us seceed as our own country. We are increasingly tired of taking orders from Feds and we are even more tired of sharing a nation with citizens who actually believe the Feds have a right to rule over us.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Disabling the RFID id chip is a crime in the bill and you can be jailed for 2 years and fines if they can prove you tampered with it.

New chips are .05 MM by .05 MM about half a grain of sand.

Good luck trying to Find the RFID you will need a microscope. and possibly a MRI to see inside the plastic its embedded between the ID plastic.

[edit on 4-3-2008 by NWOmaskedman]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Quote from the Patriot:

"An elected legislature can trample a man's rights as easily as a king can."

and one of my favorite lines.

"You have done nothing for which you should be ashamed."

"I have done nothing, and for that I am ashamed."

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOmaskedman

Who needs proof? This is the USA remember?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:13 PM
link   
NWOmaskedman,

These reply buttons are really getting annoying, they never work for me anymore.

Anyway

I have a magnetic money clip (if they can disable the thing) “I have no idea it would kill the thing your honor.” “Sir my son likes to put my things in the microwave.”

I am sure there are other ways to kill the thing maybe static electricity or just hook it up to 110 volt while working around the house.

Poof is not always easy to come by, though I guess if they searched real hard they could find my posts and use that against me. I just wonder when I will finally have enough forms of ID for them to know I am me.

Raist

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Well my state is also against the ID and I don't give a darn about what this government is doing anymore about infringing in my rights I spit on all of them.

hallelujah

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
The bubbling cauldron of civil unrest in the States will overflow soon. The REAL ID nonsense is just another push of the neo-fascist state growing like a brain-eating amoeba to overtake the U.S. populace.

I wish the overflow from that cauldron would be poured out upon almost all the Republican and Democratic politicians in your country (of course excepting Kucinich and Ron Paul who deserve honours and praise for continuing to believe in your Constitution).

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Well, I happen to work with a high field MR magnet, one of the strongest out there, and I assure you that if forced upon me, That card will hang from my neck every single time I enter the room. I can also irradiate the living snot out of it if need be.

I am confident that with every technology on the market, there is a counter to it. When that chip goes mainstream there will be a slew of ways to mess with it.

Civil disobedience should be a motto of sorts.
What a waste of state funds.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Smart card value???

“To me the big challenge with HSPD-12 -- and it’s taken awhile for us to focus on it -- is what do we want to do with the darn thing?” said Daniel Mintz, the Transportation Department’s chief information officer, at a July 9 conference in Washington sponsored by the American Council for Technology. “At the Department of Transportation and when I talk to people in many other places, it’s not thought through clearly what it is they want to use the card for.”

In a nutshell, some officials feel that the card is a great idea, but have no idea what to do with the data saved. This screams to me that the data is just out there for any dept. that wants it. If I were to agree to it, I would want in writing EXACTLY where the limits are, EXACTLY who will have access to it, and I want to know when they decide to share it with others.

Maybe a TRW type of company can be in place to alert us of any use of our data, so we can track it. Tracking the trackers.

This I could live with (if I were to trust the government).

apc

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raist
... though I guess if they searched real hard they could find my posts and use that against me.

They already have. Think those .gov hits ATS gets are all humans?

I didn't know we have until next year. I was at the DMV a couple months ago and asked what they knew about it and they had no idea what I was talking about.

I was under the impression though that the RFID had been pulled in response to uproar and replaced with another barcode, for now. Just good old incrementalism. Unfortunately I think the water started to boil years ago.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Yeah the card is just the first step.After we diaable the chip in the card they will be forced to implant a chip in us that if you disable it ,it will release a toxin in your blood stream.That will teach us to mess with uncle sam

top topics

<<   2 >>

join