It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smokers are people too!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2008 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by jfj123

Originally posted by sparda4355
Okay... Whatever... Back to my thread... May I please get your vote for my smoking fort

As long as your smoking fort isn't in my house, you have my vote

Good lord, is this inane subject still going? Why would his "fort" be in your house? That's what we've been saying, give us OUR place.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Wouldn't it have been easier to just leave? This isn't school man, you don't have to raise your hand and get permission to go to the bathroom... If you are interested in a thread, reply/post all you want... If your not... well don't? Why was it necessary to post a thread telling us you are not going to post in the thread anymore?

Whatever dude?

It's called etiquette....when leaving a debate, you say so, so your opponent doesn't think you've just run away because their last post was so devistatingly right....keeps people from getting any more full of themselves than they already are

[edit on 12-3-2008 by Daedalus]

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 05:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by jfj123

Okay... Whatever... Back to my thread... May I please get your vote for my smoking fort

As long as your smoking fort isn't in my house, you have my vote

Good lord, is this inane subject still going?

Obviously

Why would his "fort" be in your house?

It was a joke. Hopefully you're being fecicious???

That's what we've been saying, give us OUR place.

That's fine. I'm more then happy for you to have your own place as long as non-smokers can have theirs. That's fair, right?

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 01:56 PM
link   

I personally think the way they are treating smokers in several areas, is simply unconstitutional! Smokers are not a protected class, but in today’s society, we should be!

Smokers, like any drug addicts, should be sent in for immediate treatment.

posted on Apr, 19 2008 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
they should have a "too-much perfume" tax/ban as well. Seriously, I will get nauseous to the point of needing to lay down if I come across someone wearing too much perfume or cologne. I'd rather be stuck in a phone booth with someone smoking a Cohiba.

Same here. I'm every bit as allergic to perfume as I am to tobacco smoke.

I'm from Illinois, and despite being a non-smoker and allergic to the stuff to boot, I do think this state has gone too far this time, plus they want the revenue from taxes on smokes.

Consider this, though:

I know people who complain about the price of gas...then spend just as much on cigarettes, and will go as far as to not drive and/or eat(!) so they can smoke.

The U.N. has decided that corn ethanol is a crime against humanity, but how much arable land is used to grow tobacco?

I know people who bitch about illegal immigrants "bankrupting" hospitals, but seem to think it's a conspiracy to suggest that smokers raise insurance rates and hospital bills. For full disclosure, fat, lazy people do too, and I'm admittedly fat.

People post the most ludicrous conspiracy theories all over the internet (on this site as well) yet some of those same people, even when presented with PROOF that tobacco companies add things to cigarettes to keep them addicted, don't care.

Having said all that, if you keep it out of my face and take responsibility for your own actions, more power to you. Start blowing it in my face, though, and I swear I'll head to Kentucky with a flamethrower.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18   >>

join