It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military reveals its 'ray gun'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Military reveals its 'ray gun'

60minutes.yahoo.com

It's no longer the stuff of science fiction: the Pentagon has a real-life ray gun! It's officially called the "Active Denial System" and it shoots out a 100,000 watt beam of invisible radio waves which stops a person in their tracks. Correspondent David Martin experiences its stopping power first hand.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:31 PM
link   
I thought this might be cool to see.

I can think of a lot of ways the military could use this weapon.

60minutes.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I do like the part about, would a simple piece of plywood stop this weapon. If not this is just creepy for crowd control purposes...so much for peaceful demonstrations...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Guess it's time to sew in a layer of tin foil in a pair of clothes. Tin foil would deflect the microwave beams, perhaps? Only have to worry about any exposed surfaces to the beam unless I make a full facial mask with tin foil.

Any ides guys and gals? We are already needing to make a foil pouch to protect (mask) that ever so precious ID chip they are putting in our driver's licenses.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Time to start being EMP's to protests. Hehe, I wonder how hard it be to make one, and just how illegal it is to use it?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaxium

Simple.

Light-weight aluminum shield, tall and wide enough to provide full body coverage.

Include a metallic mesh-covered, tempered glass "viewport" so you can see where you're marching (sort of what microwave ovens use for thier doors), and just to be extra safe; trade the tin-foil hat for a construction worker-style tin helmet.

Wear rubber-soled shoes to ground yourself against possible arcing and electrical discharges.

Just imagine the psychological effect a Phalanx of protesters, all carrying polished shields and wearing polished metal helmets, would have on the soldiers manning the now

"Actually, Not-Much-of-A-Denial System"

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here is a quick clip of the ray gun in action.

It looks bad aaa.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:05 PM
link   
if its microwaves they're using couldn't the protesters later sue for it causing them cancer, infertility etc...?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

OK, why does this douche look like the idiots who stood up out of the trenches during the testing of nukes back in the 40's, wit their mouths wide open from the blast radioactive air?

Yea, nothing more than a microwave. Can you say nut cancer for the operator...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Wasn't this revealed a long time ago?

And why are they not informing us that this is civillian 'riot-control'?

Hmm... maybe people were getting too upset when they heard that these heat-rays were going to be used on US in the event of civil disobedience...

so now it's just another military WONDER! Yeah, go, use the heat-ray on those dirty terrorists in the Middle East. I'll sit here and wait for the first instance of use on American soil against peaceful protestors. Shouldn't be too long now....

apc

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Microwaves don't cause cancer. The wavelength is too long. At a high enough amplitude they'll cook you alive, but that's about it.

I would advise against sewing aluminum foil into your clothes or building metal suits. Ever put aluminum foil in a microwave oven?

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 06:07 PM
link   
No need for anyone to sew anything in their clothes or be afraid of this weapon unless you are planning on doing something wrong...........

top topics

join