It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Raytheon- Nonlethal beam weapon

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Set phasers to 'stun'

Well, this is awesome. An energy weapon that can temporarily disable, but not cause permament harm. This will have a wide variety of used, especially in law enforcement. Eventually, we'll be able to subdue suspects, but not cause any harm (this is especially useful for the mentally disturbed suspects, who are a danger through no fault of their own).

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I think this thing use microwaves to cook the water in your cells right? Is there no danger of cancer?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This was interesting, thanks for posting.

"After more than three years in development, Raytheon will meet a May deadline to deliver its "active denial technology" to the Air Force Research Laboratory for testing..."

Active Denial Technology....what a name.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
I think this thing use microwaves to cook the water in your cells right? Is there no danger of cancer?

You need to have prolonged exposure to radiation for cancer to be an issue. This is maybe 5 or 10 seconds worth of radiation. I can't imagine cacner would be an issue.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think that intelgurl might be able to tell us something about this. If memory serves me right, she works for Raytheon. -Muzz

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Isn't raytheon a company for making video cards or was it Ratheon?

Shattered OUT...

jra

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
You're thinking Radeon. Which are video cards made by ATI

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:31 PM
link   
That's these kinds of weapons I was used to be a cobaye...

I can tell you that the sensation is horrible : You feel like if you was prisonner of an electric flow.

I also can tell you that I'm not sure it's a so good idea, and it's not dangerous for health, because when the temporary shock go, you feel an anger that you can control. It's very dangerous to control a crowd.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzz
I think that intelgurl might be able to tell us something about this. If memory serves me right, she works for Raytheon. -Muzz

She does. Check out the thread on energy weapons - it may be the best thread on all of ATS.

check it out!

In her words:

"Active Denial Technology: Non Lethal Pain/Discomfort Weapon

Basically, if you could point the output of a microwave oven at an enemy, you could with minimal power make him nauseated and give him severe headaches, as you turn up the power a little the results change to confussion and a general inability to think logically. As the power continues to be turned up the enemy will feel hot as the microwaves start affecting the water in the body. Although considered a non-lethal weapon due to it's ability to inflict pain and disorientation, the final or highest level of this weapon would actually incinerate the enemy. This could be a narrowly focused beam or it could be a broad beam that could affect a whole group of enemy combatants.

The way it works:
When it penetrates in, it activates the pain sensors, and you feel a lot of pain, Garcia said. But there?s no damage to body tissue in this mode although admittedly the weapon could be lethal depending on power output, making it nothing shy of 21 century electric napalm.

The program, according to military insiders, could be used for riot control and peacekeeping missions when deadly force is not necessary.

The device works by firing micro-millimeter waves that penetrate just beneath a person?s skin, heating it by a few dozen degrees and causing severe pain. Describing the panic-causing intensity of the pain inflicted by the high-powered microwaves, an un-named military officer who has experienced it had this to say: "All the glossy slide presentations cannot prepare you for what to expect when you step in the beam."

This weapon is already operational and in the field. "

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

She does. Check out the thread on energy weapons - it may be the best thread on all of ATS.
"

Whut ?! She work for them ! Little B... !I understand why I dont like her !

Tell her we have the same # in France, and still longer than you do this time. And tell her also that we have sounter measures against these kind of weapons that she even cant imagine...

And tell her also that... No, this, I will tell her myself...

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nans DESMICHELS
That's these kinds of weapons I was used to be a cobaye...

I can tell you that the sensation is horrible : You feel like if you was prisonner of an electric flow.

I also can tell you that I'm not sure it's a so good idea, and it's not dangerous for health, because when the temporary shock go, you feel an anger that you can control. It's very dangerous to control a crowd.

Crowd can be also controled by bullets. If I had a choice I'll choose microwaves instead of bullet every time!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Nice alternative to crowd-control, but I'm guessing the long-term effects on a human will be studied after it's first victim is 'found'. Poor human lab rats.

[Edited on 26-4-2004 by xenophanes85]

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xenophanes85
Nice alternative to crowd-control, but I'm guessing the long-term effects on a human will be studied after it's first victim is 'found'. Poor human lab rats.

or they can observe the volunteers who its been used on already, it hasnt caused anything yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 06:41 PM
link   
First of all, long term usually means a little more than three years. And another thing, maybe you would, but I know I wouldn't let someone fire a weapon (lethal or not) at me.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Whut ?! She (intelgirl) work for them ! Little B... !I understand why I dont like her !

Tell her we have the same # in France, and still longer than you do this time. And tell her also that we have sounter measures against these kind of weapons that she even cant imagine...

Your kidding right?
What is the problem with Intelgurl?
You don't like her because of where she works?
What kind of rational thought is that?
Also, I for one would love to know more about the weapons you are describing that France has.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:16 PM
link   

"

There are several defences for it. This is well known. Usually in the situations this was made for people would not have defences readily available.

posted on Apr, 27 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter

"

There are several defences for it. This is well known. Usually in the situations this was made for people would not have defences readily available.

Exactly - how many times would a rioting crowd have advanced defences for micro wave weapons - plenty i'm sure

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
[Edited on 28-4-2004 by Solarix]

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Solarix & Nans,
You people disgust me.
I think Intelgurl is a valuable asset to ATS, we're lucky to have her here.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mo0se
Solarix & Nans..

Agreed MoOse!

Can I refer you people to the Terms and Conditions of Use, which state quiet clearly:

"2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone."

Thank you for complying with this in advance.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join