It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Motari Kills Puppy, US Soldier throws puppy off cliff

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

Meh well you said you thought the mob harassment was warranted, and the way I see it is if a few people do get together and find this guy to give him what he deserves, they wouldn't take time to make sure no one else was hurt in the process.

But I can understand what you're saying.

-Will

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

You know the sad reality about all of this is that we're all worked up about what this guy did so far away, yet worse stuff is happening in your own backyard...

Lets worry first and foremost about the atrocities committed near us.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Furthermore, I come a family of Military background for all the generations, not top Brass just ordinary G.I.'s,and you know what? They LOVE their pets, they honor life. I am going to send this to my Brother and I will honestly tell you what he says. This may take a bit as he works endless hours in the ER, but I will discuss this with him and get his response. I have always enjoyed your mind, but this is going to hang over what I think of you from now on, I just dont like how you are trying to make people take sides for the military or some little puppy. Yes I too would have the aholes back if we were in combat, but thats besides the point.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I know exactly what he's going to say too, but I think you're missing what I'm getting at.

What he did was atrocious, let him have his day in court, he's going to get it.

However, I see no reason for vigilante justice sought over his family for a freakin' puppy.

You believe his family should suffer too?

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

Nope, I agree with you on that one. He may or may not have his day in court, and as you suggested before he could even be some punk kid making a big boy video trying to be tuff or something, but no I do not think that a lynch mob is right either, unless of course there is a second video where his buds threaten to toss him off the cliff.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:18 PM
link   
the family certainly does not deserve to be harassed, it's bad enough having a son in a war overseas, now this too? I could only imagine.

However, as I said - mobs serve a purpose, and in this case it is to show an example of what happens when you post a video on youtube with your name in it, doing something like this and laughing about it.

It was a combination of factors in this situation.

1 - records video obviously as some type of joke
2 - the joke is killing a puppy
3 - video has his NAME in it
4 - gets posted on youtube of all places, unedited (still with name)
5 - the same guy has myspace, bebo and facebook pages, ALL with his REAL NAME on them along with address!
6 - has pictures of his car posted online with license plate clearly visible

I mean, his mistakes go on and on. Could have edited his name, could have not sent it to someone to get eventually posted online, could have not had a million vanity pages with personal info online, etc. most of all, he could have not thrown a puppy off a cliff, whether it was to cope with trauma or not.

A prime example of what happens when you are both stupid, and cruel.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:24 PM
link   
This actually sounds like a set-up more than anything else to me.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:26 PM
link   
apparently the marines are now looking into it (UCMJ?)

federalism.typepad.com...

(screenshot at link)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Yeah, everything they did was against USMJ Regulations, which is why when I said he'll see his day in a court-marshal, I wasn't at all hoping, I know.

He will see brig time.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:28 PM
link   
The WORST I could see this guy deserving is having his puppy thrown from a cliff. Thats about the extent of the crime committed here. Sure he killed a puppy. AND? do you know how many people PEOPLE! HUMAN BEINGS! soldiers kill every day? Cmon let's step back for a reality check here. Shooting someone and throwing a puppy off a cliff? cmon now. Throwing a fragmentation grenade into a home occupied by several individuals. Not killing some of them and then going in and wasting the rest is better than tossing a dog off of a cliff?

don't get me wrong what the guy in the video did was cruel. Is it as cruel as killing another human being?

Calm down, mellow out, it's a freaking dog, not a person. I know it's cruel to do I won't deny that but shesh man don't put his whole family in jepordy cause of an act of stupidity on this one mans part.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Cmon let's step back for a reality check here. Shooting someone and throwing a puppy off a cliff? cmon now.

the point is, part of the oath he took involved agreeing to the UCMJ, which means not abusing animals. So as you said, let's take a step back and look at reality. He obviously has no respect for that part of the UCMJ, so how many other parts is he willing to break as well? That is the issue. Would he be willing to shoot a kid, if he knew he'd get away with it? How about when he gets back to the states, is it still cool to kill dogs? How long until that's not fun anymore?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by scientist

I agree that he has violated the UCMJ, and disregarded the ethics of our nations military, however this does not mean that we should head out to destroy this young man's life or the lives of his family friends and girlfriend over a dog.

Real justice deserves its place, and the court of popular opinion deserves it's. but we should also have some restraint.

It's a dog people just a dog, some cultures feel that eating dogs is ok, and assuming that this man will continue this practice of animal cruelty is just a little extreme to me. He may not. I do feel that he does deserve some sort of reprimand for this cruel act. but lets not judge him as a masochistic serial killer just yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   

but lets not judge him as a masochistic serial killer just yet.

They 'ALL' start that way, I believe scientist is spot on with what he said.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I have one thing more to add ...

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 04:45 AM
link   
War is hell and it makes monsters of good men. I'm nt as interested in making this man pay for his cruelty as I am interested in putting an end to the neverending wars and the doctrine of military empire courtesy of the government of George W. Bush, the single worst elected high official in the history of the English-speaking world.:shk:

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 08:59 AM
link   
Just a dog ? Yeah it is JUST a dog however did it look to you, at any time, in that video that that dog could defend itself at all ? It was a baby for
's sake!

A human being could defend him or herself. What utter garbage! It is still a life.
How dare anybody belittle this creature's life for simply being what it is.

I'd love to see him try that mess with a full grown dog.
Hey here's a thought, put him in a cage with a full-grown pitbull and let's see who survives ey ? JUST a dog right ?

smh

I am appalled at some of the steaming crap I have read on this about what he did not being 'that bad' and what not. wtf ? Spare me and

Please. Anybody defending this is just as sick and twisted as he is and the "mob" spoken of being put together should bring their dogs along to visit this poor excuse of an adult-escent.

Yeah this made me that mad
Now I am off to find my composure and try to forget I ever read of this atrocity.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ImJaded

How dare your body destroy bacteria and outside entities that that may, or may not harm you.

After all, those single-celled to multi-celled organisms are still living!

Shattered OUT...

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:48 PM
link   
It's scarry that someone like him is living among us. Among children and women. This is next child abuser and/or rapist. We will hear about him again. His face needs to be postered everywhere so we can watch out for him. He is a dangerous man. I hope his "friends" and family understand that. reply to post by Zaphod58

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 12:53 PM
link   
In the first Iraq War, my cousin drove over a citizen with his tank, and stole his Koran. He got away with it, for a while.
He began to feel the Koran was haunted, it still had the scent of the man's cologne on it, and my cousin began to smell that scent everywhere.

My cousin took drugs and drank all the time to get away from what he did, he threw the Koran away, but he can still smell the cologne.

He's 38 years old, living in his mother's basement, he lives off of his parents, has no job, and is a family pariah. Everyone ignores him when he speaks, no one goes to parties at his parents, because he's there to mooch up all the beer. Everyone hates him, and groans at the mention of his name.
He's a waste, he's the living dead, and he can still smell the cologne.

Karma's a bitch, even if it's not a subject in a stolen Koran.

I hope Motari falls apart a little more each day every time he sees a dog. I hope he never gets used to living in the darkness of his parent's basement.

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Why, when cases like this arise, do people automatically try to justify?

"It's not like it was a human he killed"
"It was just a dog"

Then you have outlandish comparisons that stretch points to the limits like someone else made with bacteria being killed in a human body?

*two thumbs down!* BOOOOO!! Terrible comparison...

The truth is, this is a sick, twisted, sadistic act perpetrated by a human on a helpless animal. Another truth is that there is a scientifically proven and verifiable link between animal torture/killing and later serial human killings.

His family should be left out of this, but I hope this guy gets all the karma he can handle.

[edit on 06/11/2008 by blackbox]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join