It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did you have special gifts as a child??

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Im interested in all you people who believe they had special gifts as a child. For example i personally remember making to make toys move in my room alone and was able to switch lamps on and even conjure up a being in my room at my will.

Now after discussing this with other people im amazed at how many people say the same thing however they cannot remember when this stopped or why. I believe we are conditioned to forget any gifts such as this however i clearly remember definite incidents where i did something like this as a child.

I dont remember when this stopped but i remember the feeling of becoming scared by what i was seeing and doing.

Anyone else remember such incidents as a child. And im also keen to listen to people who never experienced any such thing

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:32 PM
link   
Man i honestly believed this would be awash with replies considering the amount of people on here that have made comments of gifts as a child.

I wanted to compare experiences and see if there was anything in it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:59 PM
link   
i dont think i have had any gifts, but i do remember spending a year on an island with my grandmother ...during the Bosnian war, we hid out there...i was about 3 or 4 at the time and i just have these really strong feelings like i was so close to nature, i dunno maybe i had oobe as a child, but i was so strongly connected to everything around me it was just insane...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Nature is where the natrual magic belongs and i suppose it would only be normal to feel such feelings when surrounded by its powers. I imagine as a child you would be open to it more

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Yes, I had a very special gift as a child.

I could operate this by giving voice commands!

My other gift was surviving a number of stupid stunts, including playing with electricity, falling over cliffs and trying to blow myself up with home made match head rockets.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
I saw ghosts up until the age of 5. Not 'corner of your eye' stuff either... I saw solid entities. I'm still trying to figure out what they are, and why I stopped seeing them after I told my parents.

There are plenty of theories as to what ghosts are, but I haven't settled on any of them yet.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It's been around 20-30 degree (Fahrenheit) the last week and some reason I got up today I just knew it would be warmer, and it was. It was about 60 degrees.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I could talk to dogs!!!

[edit on 3-3-2008 by whaaa]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:36 PM
link   
When we were kids, as most kids do, we played adventure games in the back yard.

One game involved being dino-hunters. where we harvest their organs for fuel.

We were as close to 'being there' as you could get without actually 'seeing' cartoon dinosaurs.

Now had we the mental set to try to visualize, like a mini-Carlos Castaneda tutorial, then I have no doubt that this could happen.

Nonetheless I marvel at our ability to stay entertained for hours with a rope and a snowshovel for 'gear'.

Though this is a trivial example, I can totally believe that as children we all had powers and abilities that disappear after enculturation, or aging.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:27 PM
link   
I think as children we're definitely more capable of doing things our adult minds have conditioned us to believe is impossible. I wouldn't call them special gifts though, because I think of a gift as something that you may still have.

As a child I survived a couple of falls and accidents that could have killed me, but I got up and walked away.. like one time I fell from a second story balcony into a rock garden and missed all the rocks.

Then there are the spirits which I've been seeing on and off in my life but my childhood experience with my dead best friend certainly was the most memorable and most impacting experience on my life. I still see those who want me see to them, but with age and family responsibilities, I've learned to effectively block out most of it.

I've always been "sensitive" and "emotional", later in life I came to realize that I was and am still an empath. It's not always me that's crying, being angry, feeling pain etc... I pick up and can read people easily, however I don't like this gift or whatever you want to call it. Meditation was effective in me handling this, yet certain things, situations and people do overwhelm me.

my teenage years were the most significant when it came to electricity and causing bulbs to blow when I got mad (which was often back then) and willing lights to flicker (I could never control turning it on and off)
now bulbs only blow when I totally lose my cool, which thanks to meditation rarely happens now.

oh and I went through a period of time of living in constant static electricity... it was shocking

I believe that "I personally" lost and changed what was once second nature to me, after I became sexually active. Meditation helped alot. Especially with anger issues and that got rid of most the electrical stuff. Cell phones still drain quickly especially when I'm tense or stressed, I basically eat batteries of all kinds, but I'm more grounded now, I can handle it better. I don't think I ever had the scared feeling with the electric stuff, I was more emotional than anything. But the spirits, well I still have a fear of them. Knowing that they can hurt you, yep I'll always have a fear of them, but knowledge about how to handle them has helped in stopping my fears from becoming totally irrational.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I could talk to dogs!!!

[edit on 3-3-2008 by whaaa]

Now the real question is could they talk back.

edit:
Worldwatcher: I had the same problem with static electricity when I was younger. I would shock all the time. It really hurt when I'd would shock myself when I washed my hands. After I started working with it the only time I shock myself is when I rub my feet on the carpet then am stupid enough to touch metel.

Recentally I've started turning on lights with my mind without meaning to.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by tinfoilsrule]

[edit on 3-3-2008 by tinfoilsrule]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:38 PM
link   
In response to worldwatcher, you and I have considerable likeness in alot of what you said! It's good to know that I'm not the only one going through boxes of batteries.

As for 'special gifts' I would agree with worldwatcher in saying it's a second nature of sorts. But through time and experiences this inheritance within us all manifests in different ways for many people.

For me as a kid it was mostly pencils! I remember there were several instances in which I reached for a pencil and it would roll away from me.

Gala

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
I think as children we're definitely more capable of doing things our adult minds have conditioned us to believe is impossible. I wouldn't call them special gifts though, because I think of a gift as something that you may still have.

As a child I survived a couple of falls and accidents that could have killed me, but I got up and walked away.. like one time I fell from a second story balcony into a rock garden and missed all the rocks.

Then there are the spirits which I've been seeing on and off in my life but my childhood experience with my dead best friend certainly was the most memorable and most impacting experience on my life. I still see those who want me see to them, but with age and family responsibilities, I've learned to effectively block out most of it.
I know what you mean. i should have died many times as a child but walked away without a scratch and i think people do sort of "block out" these abilities in order to fit into whats deemed "acceptable"

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:50 PM
link   
i have dreams that predict some of my future. usually about a day or 3 in advance and some really insignificant thing. have been having them since i was 6. its completely useless. a good example of the latest one was last week i dreamed i was at work when a particular workload showed up demanding extensive research and it actually happened this week. the down side is i ont remember the dream till the act occurs.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I could see people and talk to people as clear as you and me that nobody else could see, plus I knew that it was just a door and a few steps that connected this side to the other one.

I no longer can locate the door and now the people I see are more shadows and sensations than anything else, even the voices are not as clear.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by worldwatcher

With all due respect, do you really believe what you're saying?

If so, perhaps you could do a video of you putting a battery into a battery tester, touch it or frown at it and show the needle going to zero.

You can host the video on photobucket. Thanks!

Edit: Just to be equal opportunity, I extend this request to Tinfoil and Gala, above. Thanks again.

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Yes I do, or I wouldn't have said it now would I?

I've never tried actually testing draining batteries. But I do know I go through a pretty high amount of batteries. I could put fresh batteries in my camera and if it's on my person by the end of the day the batteries are low regardless if I used the camera or not. Same happens with my ipod and cell phone, I have to charge them every single day while my husband who has the same phone and same ipod does it every other day or so.

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Would you be willing to try and document this as suggested?

Surely, if this effect is due to some field you are projecting, it should register on a battery tester meter, even if the needle only moves a fraction.

It's puzzling why you would have an unusual field or power and not try to demonstrate it to yourself.

Would you feel 'less worthy' if the effect turned out to be an illusion? Maybe your devices are defective? Maybe you're near some kind of mechanical field that is doing it and not your body?

I'd suggest if it's fair game for ATS to require some minimal proof for any claims of the paranormal, it would be incumbent upon the Mods to set a good example.

I'm not trying to put -you- on the spot, but if you can demonstrate an effect, why not try it.

If you can demonstrate even a miniscule effect, then it would be worth your while to know it. Then you could put your devices in a shielded case, such as the baggie that PC memory comes in.

I'd suggest the following.

Get three new AA batteries. Test them all and mark them S for shielded, U for Unshielded and D for desktop.

Put one inside an aluminum foil wrap, one in a baggie put those in your pocket or near your body. Put the Control battery on your desk. At the end of the day measure all three. If the one that is unshielded shows lower power, then you have enough proof that you are generating a field. Even if you don't have it further investigated, you now have a way to save yourself money by lining your cases with tin foil.

If they all measure the same then you can try it with the batteries in the devices, and use similar wrapping. If they are still the same, then the effect is probably perceptual and not actual.

Thanks!

[edit on 5-3-2008 by Badge01]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Badge01

Umm if we could only prove the paranormal this forum would quite different wouldn't it?

And honestly no, I never felt or had the need to "experiment" on myself like that. I'm not trying to become famous or make a living off draining batteries
It's just something I've noticed all my life.

and if it doesn't work, I wouldn't feel any less of myself or dissappointed because I know I have no control over these things and the basis of all my meditations and spiritual life has been to "accept".

as for trying it, I will certainly look into it, I can get a battery and tester easy enough however the video on the web thing is a little uncomfortable, I'm not a fan of the youtube and google generation.. but it could possibly work in RATS.....

[edit on 3-5-2008 by worldwatcher]

posted on Mar, 5 2008 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Heh, I'll take your word for it. No need to video it.

Thanks for the reply and again, no dis intended.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join