It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Combat Ki, hoax?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:35 PM
link   
About 2 years ago, I saw a video about these "Comabt Ki" practitioners taking hits from people and not feel the pain. Their explanations include "airflow" and "controlling" you mind and some other psychological manipulations. Here are some videos:

Here shows some people getting kicked in the groin or punched on the neck from all directions.

This guy "Mr. Ted" bends a knife on his neck.

There are many, many more videos on youtube about this. Apparently, combat ki is sort of derived from the Chinese "Chi Gong" which is bascially controlling your air flow.
I personally think that people taking direct hits on sensitive places and not getting hurt is impossible. Unless they used drugs or anesthesia ofcourse. I cannot see how the nerves cannot feel the pressure and send pain signals to the brain.
My explanation is that these guys can resist pain, a lot of pain. Who here doesn't think that a kick to the groin would be painful?

Why dont they use a baseball bat and smash someone's head? Still won't hurt? Well its probably because of death.

Nut cups?

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
hey,

a friend of mine can do that. and we grew up together and trust me...he sure used to feel pain. but he explained it like your nerves can only feel pain for about 20-30 seconds at most. after that it is all in your head. if you can convince yourself it was in your head you can keep the pain from coming at all. kinda like an amputee will get thier legs taken away. but yet the next day they complain cause thier toes itch/hurt...even though...they in fact...have no toes (they are called phantom pains). its all in your mind. its funny i can kick him as hard as i can right in the stomache (3 years muay thai) and he just laughs at me...i cant recall a single time i kicked someone with all my might and they just laughed at me...(not to mention hes 145lbs and im damn near 200) its crazy some day man...some day i will learn that...

rezn8

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Yeh if it's true then I would want to learn it too. Maybe an offensive fighting art as well.

But still I doubt it, people also claim that this practice can also be exaggerated to become impenetrable against bullets and knifes. Now that is complete BS. If all of this were true then why doesn't the police or criminals use it? Surely organizations like the CIA will know.

It doesn't matters whether there is pain or not. The damage is done, I doubt that these guys even have their sex organs anymore. I mean if you get kicked my some 300lb body builder in the nuts, it ain't a good day to be a teste.

[edit on 3/2/2008 by die_another_day]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I cant recall their names but people in india do things like lying on a bed of nails, walking on coals, sitting on thorns, for spiritual purposes.

mind over matter is deffinetly a real thing.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I can hold a ciggarette cherry in my fingers for roughly 2 seconds and it wont even damage any of my tissue.

That is because I am so use too that force, that it doesn't affect my nerves any more, and the energy directed throughout my body is disregarding it.

This is Ki, it's been studied for as long as humans have, and it's just a way of ascending to a higher understanding.

This is 100% this is no gimmick, and these people that have obtained this Ki ability MUST be pure with the cosmos, otherwise this energy would just manifest into a self destructive Ki Master, like a dragon ball episode or some bullock.

Anyways, I saw those people in 2001 on TV, they're very pure people too be able too have that power.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Are you saying that these guys have rock-hard testes?

posted on Nov, 21 2008 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I really would like to see this stuff for myself.better yet,i would like to learn "combat ki".
~wongo~

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by die_another_day

Thanks!
These guys in Combat Ki, are selected maybe one in 100, these people must have a genetically very high pain threshold to start with, a lot of guys out there who can take a low blow and fight on, with conditioning they become who they are ,but I doubt they will escape from being killed from a fire arm.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The kicks to the nuts are impressive. That said, this is something that I have somewhat trained in, while training under Dan Hausel at the University of Wyoming. The whole concept that I learned from it, is that if you're going to take a blow, you should know how-to take a blow. We would train our neck muscles by having another student make a fist then push it into our neck and we would have to hold/push them back. To this day those muscles are still there and I've pushed 300lb men backwards before. (I'm kinda scrawny, 6'3" 180lbs)

Likewise we would do live punching sessions, and kicks to the midsection. Training with a partner doing blocks at full strength to build calcium deposits on our arms - after a couple of months of this practice, my blocks would make the average person's arm go numb.

en.wikipedia.org...

It say citations are needed for a lot of his martial arts accomplishments, but we had students at the dojo from all around the world who were there to study under Soke Hausel.

posted on Oct, 13 2013 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The kicks to the nuts are impressive. That said, this is something that I have somewhat trained in, while training under Dan Hausel at the University of Wyoming. The whole concept that I learned from it, is that if you're going to take a blow, you should know how-to take a blow. We would train our neck muscles by having another student make a fist then push it into our neck and we would have to hold/push them back. To this day those muscles are still there and I've pushed 300lb men backwards before. (I'm kinda scrawny, 6'3" 180lbs)

Likewise we would do live punching sessions, and kicks to the midsection. Training with a partner doing blocks at full strength to build calcium deposits on our arms - after a couple of months of this practice, my blocks would make the average person's arm go numb.

en.wikipedia.org...

It say citations are needed for a lot of his martial arts accomplishments, but there were students at the dojo from all around the world who were there to study under Soke Hausel.

edit on 13-10-2013 by Evil_Santa because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join