It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sept. 11 redux: Video shows jet vaporizing

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 12:56 AM
link   
9/11 was an inside job, and I just came back from a thread announcing that twenty-five top military officers agree, and are calling for new investigations.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:00 AM
link   
I have no beef with you weed. And I don't wish to fight. Enough killing has been done already. I'm sick of the killing. I wish for peace. Amen.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:02 AM
link   
I posted this video almost two years ago HERE

There is some decent information and posts there

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:09 AM
link   
This bloody debacle has outlasted the Korean debacle. When will people say enough is enough?
It's insanity!
And oil is still over a 100 bucks a pop a barrel. So where did this get us. So confused.
It's like taking over Norway and running out of blondes.
Bush, the president of the longest war, great post script.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by jpm1602]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

You are talking about oil being over $100 a barrel, but I dont belive it would be that high if the dollar was worth something and other countries were not talking about dropping it. But this is off topic.

I do believe it is possible that if a plane hit the pentagon it could pretty much vaporize. It is not like it is built out of some 2x4s, plywood and sheetrock.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:16 AM
link   
LOL baked, that's because the dollar amounts to a hill of beans anymore.
Very good point.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:18 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Baked beans?

Planes do not "vaporize." The video of the F-4 does not even prove that.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Well ok. The vidoe might not prove that it vaporized but you can clearly see that not much would be left. This would be especially true if it were a larger jet loaded with fuel and some substance to burn along with it.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by bakednutz]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Must of hit a nerve. Just got booted off dsl server. This is one touchy subject. Unbelievable.
Bloody spot, do it right and send out a black suv, you packers!
They will not subverse the truth much longer. Generals are on it. They will make them pay.
I have 'never' been booted off server like this before, ever.
You doth protest too much me screwed up apaches. My dogs wil make you before you get 100 meters.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

So where did all the fuel go anyway? Should have been a much bigger fire than what we saw there at the Pentagon. After all, the fire at the Twin Towers burned big enough, long enough, and hot enough to bring them down. In fact, Ground Zero was still burning months later.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Things do not stop instantaneously when they hit something,most of the heavier debris in the pentagon attack traveled farther into the structure before it stopped,only a few of the lighter pieces bounced of into the lawn,
It is the same thing you see when a car or other vehicle hits a concrete barrier or pole,some pieces break off and scatter at the point of impact,but the vehicle itself,the majority of it,usually travels well beyond the point of impact.
I have heard of instances,where a truck,a semi,had lost control,basically crashing on the road,killing the driver,but inertia carried the vehicle into the woods out of plain view,where it was found days later only because the vehicle was equipped with a GPS tracking system.
I cannot believe that people are still yacking about this stuff from so long ago,still arguing about whether a plane or missile hit the pentagon....like it really matters anymore anyhow,there are way bigger fish to fry,like why it happened at all,and what has transpired since then,because of these supposed terror attacks.
This country is so incredibly sick,the majority of people so incredibly ignorant,that I wish there were someplace to go to escape it,but the american disease has spread all across the world.
I drifted off topic...

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jackinthebox

Im not saying that a plane actually hit the pentagon but that I do belive it is possible for it to pretty much disappear if the conditions are right. Maybe this would make a good episode of Mythbusters? They could put this myth to the test, "Would a passenger plane flying at 500MPH vaporize if it hit the pentagon?" It would make a good show.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:34 AM
link   
That's just it. The F4 was on a skid and had water for fuel. Not a very good comparison in my mind.
Again, I say 20x40 hole, no rug burn. You want me to believe a flippin 757 could do that?
I say not.
In my humble opinion.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
The fires at ground zero were not fuel fires,it was plastic and other building materials that were ignited by the jet fuel,smoldering and burning,like a campfire does after the flames go away.A lot of it was burning human remains from the victims in the building too.The metal structure would have kept the pile open enough to allow air into the debris pile so as to keep all the flammable items within it burning,there would have been a lot of flammables in it,such as carpet,upholstery,wood,computers and printers,peoples personal effects and clothing,the victims themselves,wiring insulation,not to mention a whole buttload of paper.
DA!

[edit on 3-3-2008 by chiponbothshoulders]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

It is not pointless to debate this at all. The American people deserve the truth and we are not going to get that by not talking about it because you think it is trivial. There are still plenty of ideas and theories that are worth debating and I dont think that most people are tired of talking about it. It is also equally as important though to discover what has transpired since the attacks and what consequences we are to pay because most Americans beleive what they are told by the gov and the MSM.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by bakednutz

I would have to agree that a plane would not look much like a plane after such an impact, but it would not "vaporize." The engines in particular, would almost certainly have been recoverable. Not just the one they claim to have found.

Furthermore, most examples of high-velocity wreckage are obscured/destroyed by intense fire. Again, the fuel. And even in those cases, there are still a lot of parts recovered, and even some parts identifiable from a distance. I have never seen any plane "vaporize." They even managed to recover pieces of the shuttle Challenger.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Da!!!!
I need to walk away from here. Plastics, human burn?
Oy vey.
Gotta go. I will leave you with one question. How could that initial web shot possibly personify a 757 crash and burn.
I just don't see it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by chiponbothshoulders

The fires at ground zero were not fuel fires,it was plastic and other building materials that were ignited by the jet fuel,smoldering and burning,like a campfire does after the flames go away.

Okay, so there was nothing flammable in the Pentagon? The fires at WTC were still a lot bigger than the Pentagon, and as you have admitted, ignited by huge amounts of jet fuel. Where was all the jet fuel at the Pentagon?

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by nextguyinline

nextguy, your link may not work, at least not for me, but could be my system. But, I get your point....

I have to do this, it has been brought up, as relates to American Airlines 77, commonly and calously referred to as 'AA77' (yes, by me as well, I am sorry to say).

Since we are discussing about the ability of an airplane to 'vaporize', I think it is important to first, remember the victims. Not only the ones on the airplane, but those killed or severely injured in the building....

There have been many comments proffered about AA77, some can be shown to be fallacious. The one thing that sticks out, in my mind, is the question about the 'Altimeter Setting' question.

Background: In the US Airspace (including Alaska and Hawai'i) we use a standard of 18,000 feet (or 19,000 feet, depending...when pressures are very low, we use 19,000) as the basis for setting altimeters to 'Standard'...that is, 29.92 Hg. ('Hg' is the term for mercury...it is the standard for measuring atmospheric pressure. Yes, there are metric standards, 29.92 inches is equal to 1013 millibars...This means that every airplane operating above 18.000 feet is at the same 'true' altitude, or as we call it, 'Flight Level'.

Some countries define a 'Flight Level' as anything above, oh...4000 feet. I'm thinking of the UK here. In France, I think it's at 5 or 6 thousand...

Point is, it varies, the setting of the alitmeters to 29.92, or 1013Mb, depending on altitude, and this is what we learns and know, as we operate into various countries. Heck, in Russian airspace, they still use metres, not feet...and we can set a button to display the atltitude in metres, instead of feet....

The reason we have a barometric setting knob is because there must be a way to adjust the altimeter to the local atmospheric pressure, as it will vary.

Back to above...a 'Flight Level' assumes that in the area where you are operating, there are no geographical obstacles to 'hit'...hence, in western Europe, 4000 or 6000 feet work as the lower limits, and anything above is a 'Flight Level', which means every airplane has the same altimeter setting (29.92 InHg or 1013 Mb, same thing).

Reason the US has 18,000 feet as a standard for changing altimeters from 'pressure altitude' to FL, is because there are very high mountains in Alaska, and in the Rockies, and in the Northwest of the contiguous US too. When we fly in Europe, the FL changes, and this is denoted on our charts. Varies by country, and FL.....

So....DID the altimeters get reset on AA77?

DID the DFDR record BOTH altimeters, the Captain's and the FO's, and also the standby altimeter, all three of them get reset?

The prevailing pressure, as has been presented on this thread, was 30.22. This means, it was a genearl higher pressure than normal, since we are pretty close to Sea Level, and everyone knows that 'Standard' pressure at Sea Level is 29.92 InHg, or 1013.3 Millibars.

So, an altimeter is designed to 'adjust' by use of a knob, to correct for what the ground station reports as the prevailing pressure, which of course varies...hence the ATIS must be recorded at least once each hour, or more often if conditions warrant.

BUT, all of this pre-supposes something that seems to be lost in the discussions.....setting the proper altimeter correction only matters if you CARE ABOUT FOLLOWING regulations!

NO, it is not automatic, as it relates to the cockpit displays. DID the altimeter get reset? Did all three....notice ....there are THREE altimeters in a B757....did they ALL get reset?

There are three altimeters, two are supplied info from the ADCs, one is considered 'Standby'...it gets 'raw' data...

So, the ADCs provide data to both the Captain and the F/O side....but there are two ADCs, they are designed to cross-check each other, and besides that, there are other computers that will flag bad data....

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Weedwhacker, coming from DC it is easy to discern you may have alterior motives in jacking any northwind type op. I know it's not northwind but north something.The facts of the matter do not establish the myth.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join