It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO triangle photos I have seen

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by sherpa
If you have used a telescope for imaging you might concede that motion blur can easily be attributed to tracking the object, constant readjustment is needed at high magnification.

I would suggest this guy did not have any equatorial mount for the scope and even if he did I doubt if there was time to calibrate it.

It seems this was a target of opportunity so grab what you can when you can.

In these circumstances, an equatorial mount, or any other driven system is of no help. Such objects are unlikley to follow the siderial or any other predicatable motion path. The only way to image them is point, shoot and hope. As the photographer says, most of his pictures were no good. That's par for the course I'm afraid. He did remarkably well to get what he did. The effect described as motion blur is more likely camera shake due to the necessity to hand guide the scope. That's a very difficult task, even with a relatively small system that we appear to have here. He said the Mars images were very small. That indicates the scope/camera combo wasn't generating much magnification. This suggests this object was either very large or relatively close. Considering the lack of magnification, I'd say the object was relatively close. By that I mean within the Earth's atmosphere.

WG3

[edit on 1-3-2008 by waveguide3]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Yea I factored that into my thinking, given that the person was able to track this extremely well at some kind of zoom..there's relatively little blurriness of anything else in the shot (the background grain) had this been real, it would have appeared MUCH more blurry all over..as it is the person has attempted to introduce a very specific kind of blur to the object(at its edge)..but did so with a lack of knowledge and finesse which gives it away.

Frankly Im sick of these half assed fake attempts..Im definitely a believer but along with any lack of background knowledge & exif date or background reference to the series of shots, Im pretty positive its a fake.

Originally posted by sherpa
reply to post by atsguy_106

If you have used a telescope for imaging you might concede that motion blur can easily be attributed to tracking the object, constant readjustment is needed at high magnification.

I would suggest this guy did not have any equatorial mount for the scope and even if he did I doubt if there was time to calibrate it.

It seems this was a target of opportunity so grab what you can when you can.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by atsguy_106]

[edit on 1-3-2008 by atsguy_106]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

I would mostly agree with your post waveguide3 but if we accept the accuracy of the the originators email he says

I knew then that this wasn't an ordinary satellite. I was expecting just a fine point of light. However the sunlight on the object indicated (to me at least) that the object was quite high, since down on the ground it was still dark.

I would agree the object was probably in atmophere however that still gives the distance a lot of scope.

Of course again this does rely on the provenance of the photographers statement.

You are right hand guiding is a hit and miss affair and can lead to a lot of failed images I think he was lucky to get as good as he did

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:13 PM
link   
These photos have been posted here on ATS before. Agreed that they are the best photos yet seen of a triangle, and are probably of a craft that is below LEO. I too think that they are probably military ARVs...

Edit to add, like waveguide says, this is about as good as you could expect from standard photographic gear, and EQ mounts would not make much difference.

[edit on 1-3-2008 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by C.H.U.D.

Thanks C.H.U.D, I did an ATS search on triangular ufo's and did not come up with these, I could have missed them of course.

You would't happen to have a link would you ?

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Sorry sherpa, I don't have a link. Pretty sure I posted on at least one of the threads in question, but it seems we can no longer see posts made in the past in our profiles (only threads started), which is a shame or I might have been able to give you a link!

link   
Wow, these are good - really good - pics that is if they are real. Now I would look forward to counter arguments to atsguy_106's analysis. Much as I would like to believe, I have to apply Occam's razor (and some aloe ;-)) until further analysis is available.

link   
Hi.

In my lifetime,i have seen two ufo's,around 25 years apart.
The first looked nothing like this one,but the second one was almost exactly the classic triangle ufo.

The triangle incident happened around 8 years ago,and was seen by myself and another person.

It was early morning,around about 6am and the pair of us had just started driving to work.The drive was through almost 15 miles of open countryside in the North east of Scotland.I can't remember what time of year it was ,but it must have been winter as it was still dark and the stars could be clearly seen.

Anyway,we had noticed this object almost as soon as we had set off and was in the distance,and probably been around 200 feet in the air(really difficult to tell accurately).

As we drove, we both speculated as to what it might be,coming to the conclusion that it must have been a helicopter perhaps heading for the north sea oil rigs.However after continually watching it during the drive.it was becoming more and more apparent that this object was'nt moving at all.It was just sitting there and the road we were driving on was taking us almost right underneath it!

We both decided that if we ended up beneath it ,we would stop the car,get out and have a look,so that is exactly what we did.

When we got out of the car,we both looked up.We could see the triangle shape with what appeared to be a light at each corner.The triangle was completely black and totally motionless,but the really wierd thing was the sound,no sound at all,absolute silence!

This was when we both started to panic and thought ,"Let's get the **** outta here"!We got in the car and drove away at fairly high speed,all the time looking back and seeing this object,still there still ,unmoving.We watched it until we lost sight of it behind trees.

Part of me now wishes i had stayed a bit longer and i also wish i had a camera with me but this was a time before digital cameras were widely available.

Also interesting to note that a few miles from our sighting lies,"Mormond Hill",which at that time was a NATO listening post with massive sat dishes on the hilltop.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Ok, regarding thoughts on whether these craft are manmade or extraterestrial I have found a report on Space.com that seems to illustrate that opinion is divided :

In wrapping up its look at the burgeoning number of Flying Triangle sightings in the United States, NIDS also took into account the work of writers and researchers delving into the topic both in the United States and abroad.

Those analyses fall into two camps: The Triangles are human-made, while the other says they are not.

"In 2004 it is extremely difficult to distinguish between these two possibilities since the former option overlaps heavily with legitimate national security concerns, while in the absence of much more physical evidence, the latter option is not testable," the NIDS assessment concludes.

Extract from one eyewitness account

For example, the NIDS study includes the observation of a Port Washington Wisconsin person who encountered a large object that flew over her home at 500 feet altitude in October 1998. Her eyeing of the clear starry night was interrupted as the craft came into her field of view.

"Suddenly this monstrosity came out of the 'blue', just like a Star Trek 'uncloaking', no kidding...so quiet I couldn't believe it and so huge...no more than 500 feet or so up, and big enough to take up my field of sky vision," she reported.

Full Repot Here..

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by scobro

Thanks for sharing that scobro 1st person eye witness accounts are always usefull.
Motionless and silent, seems to point to an exotic propulsion system then, did you notice any disturbance on the ground or the surroundings, was there any distortion directly beneath it ?

Frankly I would understand if you did not notice I am sure anybody would have been spooked at the time.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Cool pictures, not sure if its a real UFO but it certainly looks like a real object is in the photo... sort of reminds me of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars but that's just the nerd in my talking

If it is real the question remains whether its one of ours, or one of "theirs"...

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Regardless of what others might imply or state these fotos are great and are very simialar to the diagrams which you posted earlier on this thread.
A star and a flag.

One must ponder are all the triangle UFO's we are seeing around the world in different countries from the same source?? and most defintely they can't all be fake or fabricated like some have mentiond on this thread. There are just to many familiarities in these constructs to brush them off as a hoax or fabrication. Untill a professional and expierienced individual demonstrates the contrary, I will accept the OP's opinion regarding these geometric crafts which are indeed interesting and fascinating to observe.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by atsguy_106

Im sure you will all decry "OHH BUT ITS NOT MOVING IN THE DIRECTION OF THE POINT" and say Im talkin crap. But it seems like a dead give away to me. What do I know though I only work in CGI since 1994..(and when I say CGI Im not talking about using excell spread sheets like most of you do..I mean graphics, animation & photoshop work.)

I was just wondering, how do you know which point of this craft is moving in which direction?

I think that something that is triangular in shape has the same capabilities as something that is saucer shaped.
It might even have better controll than saucer shaped crafts due to that it actually could use all of it's five sides to travel at any direction.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by angelc01

Well I would have to agree with you angelc01 there seems to be a plethora of sightings and pics.

I would recommend you take a look at the NIDS report I posted for a good perspective of sightings that occured a few years back for a fascinating read.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Titen-Sxull
reply to post by sherpa

Cool pictures, not sure if its a real UFO but it certainly looks like a real object is in the photo... sort of reminds me of a Star Destroyer from Star Wars but that's just the nerd in my talking

If it is real the question remains whether its one of ours, or one of "theirs"...

Hi Titen-Sxull,

Well.. it isn't that important whether they are fake or not, the important thing is they highlight the phenomena of triangular ufo's and I think many people are interested in the why's and wherefores of those.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Sherpa, some more infos on the belgian UFO wave

Flying Triangle, Belgium UFO wave, Petit-Rechain, april 1990

The photo by itselfs says nothing, but the whole case is compelling:
mass sightings, multiple witnesses, media coverage, military jets that chased UFOs, UFOs spotted by radars making manoeuvres impossible for the (known) terrestrial aircraft, at impossible (for us) speed/accelerations and so on.

1) Object witnessed at Eupen, Wavre, Leige and Brussels
2) Reported in over 2,600 statements to police
3) Photographed by many people on both Video and Camera
4) Detected and Confirmed by radar stations on the ground
5) Detected, Confirmed and photographed on aircraft radar screens
6) Pursued for over an hour by two F-16s.

Glons radar confirmed the sighting of an unidentified object at an altitude of 3,000 meters. Semmerzake radar confirmed the Glons detection and passed its confirmation onto the Air Force. The radar scans were compared with the previous Eupen radar sightings (see Eupen Case) by Semmerzake and Glons and were found to be identical.
Several police patrols had witnessed the same phenomenon before. It was a massive triangular shape with the same lighting configuration as seen at Eupen four months earlier.

Colonel Wilfred De Brouwer, Chief of the operations section of the Air Force, said: "That because of the frequency or requests for radar confirmation at Glons and Semmerzake - and as a number of private visual observations had been confirmed by the police - it was decided that as these parameters had been met, a patrol of F-16 aircraft should be sent to intercept an unidentified object somewhere to the south of Brussels"

As a consequence, two F-16 aircraft of the Belgian Air Force - registration
numbers 349 and 350 = flown by a Captain and a Flight-Lieutenant, both highly qualified pilots, took off from Bevekom.
Within a few minutes - guided by the Glons radar - both pilots had detected a positive oval-shaped object on their on-board radar at a height of 3,000 meters, but in the darkness saw nothing. This oval configuration, however, caused the pilots some concern. It reacted in an intelligent and disturbing way when they attempted to 'lock-on' with their on-board radar.

Changing shape instantly, it assumed a distinct 'diamond image' on their radar screens and - increasing its speed to 1,000km/h - took immediate and violent evasive action.

This is what has been disclosed by the military, it wasn't a single witness
making wild claimings

Photographs of the actual on-board radar of the F-16s recorded a descent of this object from 3,000m to 1,200 in 2 seconds, a descent rate of 1,800km/h. The same photographs show an unbelievable acceleration rate of 280km/h to 1,800km/h in a few seconds. According to Professor Leon Brening - a non-linear dynamic theorist at the Free University of Brussels - this would represent an acceleration of 46g and would be beyond the possibility of any human pilot to endure.
It was noted that in spite of these speeds and acceleration times there was a marked absence of any sonic boom. The movements of this object were described by the pilots and radar operators as 'wildly erratic and step-like', and a zigzag course was taken over the city of Brussels with the two F-16s in pursuit. Visual contact was not possible against the lighting of the city.
This same procedure was repeated several times, with this object - whenever an attempt at radar 'lock-on' was made - pursuing a violently erratic course at impossible speed and losing its pursuers.

Colonel De Brouwer added "Immediatley after the operation, the pilots said they had never seen anything like it. Certainly the flight pattern and echo on their screens was in no way that of a conventional aircraft"
The Belgian Minister of Defence in the Belgian parliament stated that "The
Government did not know what they were".

I think that the explanation (as said based on ZERO evidences) that it was a military craft does not make sense, especially if we look at the data:

Acceleration data

Radar data

Colonel W. De Brouwer, Belgian Air Force, with the radar videos of one of the F-16s at the press conference of July 11th

Blow-up of the image on the bottom screen above.
The 990K is the speed of the object in knots.
990K = 1830 kilometers per hour = 1.5 Mach.

Clearly, some radical manuvers are occurring:

Speed changes of up to 410 knots in one second.
Heading changes of up to 70 degrees in one second.
Altitude changes of up to 3000 feet per second (1,777 knots) maintained for one second or less and typical ascent / descent rates of 1000 feet per second (592 knots).
That these manuvers are radical can be seen by comparing them to some
representative figures for commonly available fighter aircraft. For instance, the F-4 Phantom is known be able to turn at only 11.5 degrees per second, less than 1/6 as fast as the observed UFO profile.

The nature of these manuvers and their coincidence in time is also visible in this graph, which only shows the value of the changes:

Text file of the radar contacts of one of the F-16s
www.geocities.com...

Sources, more infos and references:

www.ufoevidence.org...
www.ufoevidence.org...
ufos.about.com...
www.ufoevidence.org...
www.geocities.com...
ufologie.net...
/ypsaz9

Original article related to the pics (recovered)
/2hrdam

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:06 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

What an excellent post internos, certainly worth a star.

The Belgium case was certainly well documented and with multi witnesses and hard supportive data it cannot be denied.

These sightings have not been confined to Belgium though as is illustrated by scotbro's post and documentation from the US and Canada.

Here is an extract from the NIDS report:

During the ensuing years (2000-2004), NIDS received hundreds of reports from people in the United States and Canada reporting large triangular aircraft, often silent and often flying at very low altitude and at low air speed. In many cases, the objects were brightly lit. NIDS files also include reports of Flying Triangles from remote areas.

In mid 2004, NIDS reviewed its database that contains the locations of the Triangle sightings in the United States. The sightings of Triangles appear primarily adjacent to population centers and along Interstate Highways, with sightings clustered on both coasts.

NIDS has amassed almost 400 separate sightings of triangular/boomerang/wedge-shaped objects. Many of these craft are brightly lit, low flying, and traveling at unexpectedly low air speeds.

In earlier reports, NIDS outlined a tentative correlation between reported sightings of Triangles and the locations of Air Mobility Command and Air Force Materiel Command bases in the United States.

And a statement on covert or public display.

The database-driven study of the Flying Triangle shows the following patterns:

-- Sightings take place near cities and on Interstate highways
-- They are seen at low altitude in plain sight of eyewitnesses
-- They fly at extremely low speed or hover in plain sight of eyewitnesses
-- The vehicles sometime fly with easily noticeable bright lights -- either blinding white lights, or have "bright disco lights" that usually flash combinations of red, green or blue.

The NIDS study emphasizes that the flying of these vehicles may be more in harmony with an attempt to display or to be noticed. There appears to be little or no attempt to hide. That finding has led to a modification of an earlier NIDS hypothesis that the Triangles are covertly deployed DoD aircraft.

While it is too early to dismiss the previously published NIDS correlation between Triangle sightings and a subset of U.S. Air Force Bases, the apparent association with centers of population may point away from a covert program. "Rather, it is consistent with routine and open deployment of an advanced aircraft," the NIDS study concludes.

www.space.com...

I think I am going to be busy on the links you have posted

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:21 PM
link   
I like many others on this thread am baffled and have nothing scientific to add, although I do find the shots seem to be mildly lit pronouncing their shape and I am wondering why.

Agreed these are fantasticly compelling photographs even if seemingly to good to be true.

Starred and flagged.

Looking forward to seeing where this thread goes.

Regards S_G

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:26 PM
link   
The last photograph shows the underside of the object somewhat un-naturaly lit compared with the others.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:38 PM
link   
nice pics,i havent seen them before, they seem pretty genuine. they look very similar to what was reported to have flown over illinois in 2003.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join