It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best UFO triangle photos I have seen

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
BTW waveguide - not all digital cameras use CCDs as you implied in you post. Let's not spread falsehoods here...

If I have made an error then I will I stand corrected. 'Speading falsehoods' is not and never has been my intention. The poster said he used a CCD camera and my comments have been directed at that. I don't think I've implied that all digital cameras contain CCD chips.

As far as I'm aware, the image capture techologies used in digital cameras are either CCD or CMOS chips. CCD systems dominate the market to a large degree. CMOS chips are used in many webcams and single shot digital cameras. CCD chips are the most popular system in digital cameras of all kinds. I don't believe you can differentiate astronomical cameras like the SBig range from 'domestic' digital cameras in the way you suggest. However, I'm prepared to be corrected if you know otherwise.

WG3

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by internos
I guess that the photographer simply stated :
"I had purchased a cheap digital camera and had cannibalized it to make an inexpensive CCD imaging system for my telescope. "
Now, what does it mean? Did he simply removed ther CCD sensor in order to put it in another, completely hand-made, apparatus, or did he used camera+telescope?

It would take a fair bit of skill and technical know how to remove and successfully use the sensor from a camera. Chances are, that he simply removed the lens assembly, and left all the electronics intact. Then it's just a matter of attaching the body so that it's firmly attached, and able to move freely backward/forward so that an image could be focused. That would be fairly simple to do, and would not require much technical knowhow. EXIF data would also still be written to the file most probably.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:23 AM
link   
If anyone has forensic noise analysing software it would be nice to see if those come up with any signs of fakes. That would only tell if the picture is real though. These could still be faked the old fashioned way with model and fishingline.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by waveguide3

I just wanted to be clear as to the type of camera being used. There is quite a difference as I'm sure you can appreciate (especially where EXIF data is concerned).

I'm sure you did not want to spread misinformation... but someone could possibly take what you said the wrong way. Perhaps I'm being pedantic, but I'd rather that people did not take the wrong idea away

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by C.H.U.D.
It would take a fair bit of skill and technical know how to remove and successfully use the sensor from a camera. Chances are, that he simply removed the lens assembly, and left all the electronics intact. Then it's just a matter of attaching the body so that it's firmly attached, and able to move freely backward/forward so that an image could be focused. That would be fairly simple to do, and would not require much technical knowhow. EXIF data would also still be written to the file most probably.

Well, your construction does make much sense, of course, more than mine:
that's most likely what he did: my guess was that he had already a complete apparatus that was just missing a CCD sensor, but actually the one mentioned by you would be not only the easiest but even the quickest procedure.
In this case, somewhere, there's a full sequence of pics with unaltered exif data, pheraps with some wrong data, but in general valuable. It would be interesting to get all the shots, included the "bad" ones, then to put them in the correct sequence following the exif temporal order in order to study the changes in the reflections and some other facets that still are unclear.
Now i really hope that Sherpa will manage to get'em

[edit on 2/3/2008 by internos]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is probably a government experiment. The thing that made me think that is why would an advanced civilization need intercoolers on their ship if they have a anti-gravity propulsion system? We have gas powered planes and I guess now we have a nuclear powered plane which needs to be cooled down through the intercoolers.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Looks like the TR-3B:

[edit on 2-3-2008 by Terrapop]

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Here is just a brief update.

There are several options over at iwasabducted to email to, the first email I sent to General Information as of now I have also sent a copy to the webmaster to see if there is anyone home.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I must say how much I have a respect for some of you. If ATS has any credibility with regard to researching and investigation you guys are the reason.

Internos and Sherpa, I'm proud to see my friend banner in your posts. I could never live up to such great ATS members. You guys ROCK!

I have come out of the closet partially on this stuff, but the "triangle" issue is a concern of my own due to a very tangible experience. Bear with me here, I did not plan this.

First, I have been an astronomical illustrator for NASA and SETI as well as a few other science outfits. I was a member of the I.A.A.A. (International Association of Astronomical Artists), but due to my experiences and subsequent associations with the UFO community have been sort of shunned, although not in any official manor, just ignored except for some of the best artists I think, who are good fiends. So, I have some history there.

Also, I have been, until 4 years ago when I could not afford the time and expense, an amateur astronomer with hundreds of hours over more than 29 years observing in many types of telescopes. My current Telescope

I not only have many friends who make telescopes and I have helped make telescopes , and have real PhD astronomer fiends, hut also know much about anything in space visually as since a kid was completely absorbed by the subject. I'm also a complete amateur science guy too and love anything from Geology to Biology to Subatomic and Theoretical physics. I know a little about most anything and quite a lot about a few subjects. So while I have no PhD. I know more in general areas a PhD would could account for.

I am an illustrator, Photoshop Guru and do animation, Video and CGI with the same software Lucas, Spielberg and the movie and television productions use. So what you might be asking?

Why qualify? Well, I have no reason, because the more you know, the more you will doubt what my actual experience was. I can not defend that so are telling you up front. Honestly, there is no other way to tell you and I am not going to make a thread for points because some people would see that as devicive. I might agree there, with a sufficient objective I cannot actually account for.

Our story:

My wife of 27 years now, and I where on the way home from Goldstone Deep Space Communications Complex on the Ft. Irwin Military Base. for a world class event my wife and I as well as a couple good friends who are also well known space illustrators. (Unlike my friends, my own work has been on several continents, and actually more in Europe than the U.S., my home.)

The event was the unavailing of a new SETI-NASA project, HRMS. I was on a project for SETI at the time and was thrilled I was asked so we went. I met Sagan and many famous astronomers from Europe, Russia, Japan and every major country looking for alien life in the most formal science methods of the day. (I also worked for Sagan’s wife years later, and after meeting and speaking to her at the premiere of CONTACT the movie in Hollywood. Just another ironic note and another story.)

So after we photographed and videotaped the event and all the cool people and the ceremony was over, we headed home from our hotel in Barstow, CA. We always stop for at least a night in Death Valley if anywhere in the area, because I spent so much time backpacking and exploring the geology in and around the area since college. (Spent two weeks on Telecope Peak at 11,000 ft, while tropical storm Cathleen went over in 1976, just one of many amazing stories). So I know that place better than many. My wife and I spent our honeymoon there next to a USGS camp with a helicopter they let us babysit. OK enough of that. I know the area, you got that I suspect.

So we went to DV, made camp and took my camera (SLR-film) and (Hi8 video cam) to the dunes to get video and photos for stock and image resource as well as family memories. My wife and I saw a massive triangle when we got out into the dunes and we where completely alone in that part of the valley. The thing was up against a 500ft mountain. It actually seemed to signal us with these magnesium bright sparks, not flairs. See the story in my See my NUFORC report .

Click for full image. YES!, this is CGI based on best memory and hard data. (Copyright 2007.)

We where physically shaking and frozen with rubber legs for more than 20 minuets while we watched this in perfect conditions. My cameras where unable to get any image because it was twilight and my film and camera had no low light capabilities. Now, I would have dictated to the video sound though. I was too stupid and scared then to think. (20 20 hindsight)

More than 14 years later, some sort of internal button was pushed, and I started producing the CGI and video you are seeing a single frame from here. I did it in HD format and Maya Alias software.

We rarely spoke of this before that, even though I have been studying UFO and Alien data in book and film since a kid and I love anything to do with the serious study. Why now? Why tell you today, other than my friends here I trust will respect what I am saying. I’m a MUFON member and soon an investigator (if I pass my test), and are involved with some of the greatest guys who are good friends, one was on the History Channel UFO Hunters a week or two ago. Truly great guys. So that’s my story.

Ask me any questions and I will tell you what I saw. I have not found the money to finish my documentary on this, and just finished the CGI-3 min animation last year after 6 months of work. I’ll add the video with Sagan and the Goldstone event and the walk out to the sighting footage when I can afford the production costs. For now I just have what you see. I know these are real, but I do not know who pilots them, alien, gov or what. I do have many other sightings and missing time and strange events, but it would take a book to tell all that, and who in their right mind would believe such a person?

Apologies to Sherpa if this is inappropriate, but this stuff and those who have experienced them need to come out and openly talk as soon as possible, because I sense an acceleration about to happen, if not already, and people will need to know they are not crazy seeing this. They also need to tell their experiences to us and others so we can better know how to deal with this. It's time. Actually it's been time for 50 years, but too many ass****s have supressed this.

I'll try to keep up with the thread and will even accept being ignored. No matter to me. Just saying it like I saw it. Take or leave it.

Thank you ATS, Sherpa and members. Everyone gets a real look soon I think.

Look Up!

ZG

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I have been looking through sighting reports to see if I can get a match for the object in the images, I found these 3 that I think are similiar.

Date: September 30, 2005 Location: Paducah, Kentucky, United States

I was going home on foot toward the north side of the city at 4:55 A.M. it was A cool clear night. When I looked up to my right and seen four large bright white lights. Since there is no tall buildings or towers in that area they stood out and the fact that they were in the shape of A triangle. As I got closer I could see the outline of the craft that was shaped like A thick triangle was rounded off edges. under it was four large white lights. One on the front, one on each corner and one in the back that lined up with the light on the front edge. It was A flat black color like stealth aircraft have. It was not A helicopter and it did not have the pop and click of A main rotor or the shape of A helicopter. It had no Nav lights of green or red. It made no noise until I got closer I heard A very low rumble that seemed to be behind and higher up then the aircraft. As the craft moved I heard no noise. It headed southwest low at A slow speed.

Date: July 5, 2004 Location: Peterborough, Ontario, Canada

In the early morning of July 5 2004 at approximately 4:00 a.m at Peterborough Ontario Canada my cousin and myself observed a fast moving object overhead and then it disappear over an area called Little lake. A few moments later we observed a triangle of three lights (bright).

We thought it was just the stars at first but then the lights we thought were stars began to move, it then disappeared back towards Little Lake (easterly direction) Now fast forward 2 days at approximately 3.30 a.m. on Lafayette Ave in Peterborough.

Earlier in the evening I had observed a bright streak in the sky toward the east so I was watching the eastern sky close.

All of a sudden I observed 2 small bright fast moving objects moving to the east. Very fast I might add so here I'm watching towards the east not paying attention directly overhead. All of a sudden everything just seemed to get real quiet. Eerie quiet.

Ok, so I'm looking east then I just get these creepy feeling that something was watching me, you know what I mean. I turned and looked down the street towards the General Electric plant (900 feet approximately ) I swear I couldn't hear the background noises you usually hear traffic dogs etc.

So now I notice the glow from the street light seemed to be changing color on the cars on the street. Then I look up. My god there it is coming right over the house. This thing is massive !

I swear I could have hit it with a sling shot. So its kind of slowly idling east, at like I don't know 5 kmish maybe. The craft stops, then starts going sideways now towards the GE plant, it seemed as wide as the distance between GE and our house. Now I don't know much about this stuff but I swear this is one evil looking outfit 3 lights (brownish orange very dim ) One at each point of the triangle not that it is pointed but at the ends. The ends are rounded off, I will send a little drawing I made. It seems to be a blue black color but flat no shine, almost a rough finish, a circular dome dead center of the bottom in a hexagon type enclosure. No light or glowing color on this dome. This is set in an indented area that almost had the look of the surface of a pool. I could now see the one side that appeared to have some kind of indentations probably doors or some kind of hatch. It sat there for probably 3 minutes, but seemed like a lifetime.

Then it just moved so fast you couldn't even tell the direction it went. Anyway I have seen it twice since then but it was alot higher up. Probably 1500 feet.

Maybe its just me or maybe something else but I know they know I saw them. I don't think these guys are real friendly. I could just feel it. Anyway couple observations. Next day my neighbors Dodge Intrepids battery was completely zapped. He had to replace the alternator and battery the next day. His Olds wouldn't start either, the alternator and battery fried. His Name is (removed) and I'm sure he would verify that. My Camry's two month old Kenwood stereo fried. Rear light wiring fried. Battery was completely dead by 2:00 o'clock in the afternoon, so I recharged it and it came back to life. Still had problems with the wiring so I had it repaired at Russell Toyota in Peterborough 489 dollars...

One other thing I would like to add, there was the weak aroma of like a burnt transformer in the air for a few minutes after the craft left. I might add as well I went into the back yard and alley behind the house to get a good view of this thing

Date: April 1, 2001 Location: Stillwater, Minnesota, United States

Object description.. Sitting on the passenger side of the car the witnesses were traveling in, witness 1 noticed a lighted, triangular object to his right. The object appeared to be about 250 ft on a side. The witness reported the triangle was equalateral, though his (inexact) drawing shows it as isosceles. It was not possible to discern a texture to the surface of the object. A bright white light was at each apex of the triangle underneath the craft. The lights were not bright enough to illuminate the ground beneath the craft. There was also a red light in the center of the bottom of the triangle, less bright than the white lights, which blinked about once per second. There were no other lights on the object and no windows, orifices or other surface features were visible. The color of the object was black, but not the same color as the stealth aircraft. The object produced no sound, although the witness did not get out of the car. No other witnesses are known to have observed the object.

Position, movement and duration. The nearest surface of the object was approximately at a 60 degree angle from the ground when the craft was at its lowest altitude. When first seen the object was about 400 ft above ground but moved down “quite rapidly” to about 150 ft and hovered for several seconds, then rose up to about 400 ft. There was no apparent lateral motion of the object. The car was moving about 45 mph but slowed to 10-15 mph immediately upon sighting of the object. The object was last seen to the rear of the car and disappeared when the car got too far away for the witness to see it. The duration of the sighting was about 1 minute. Witness 2, the driver, did not see the object because she was concentrating on driving.

Drawing of object. When he came home the witness made drawing of the object (Fig. 1) which looked substantially the same as the drawing he made during the investigation. The original drawing was lost. After the sighting, he read some UFO literature, including accounts of the triangular objects seen in Belgium in the early 90s. as shown in Figure 1.

Sighting evaluation: CE1. The object described is similar to the description of many triangular objects seen worldwide for the past 20 years. There is no conventional explanation apart from the possibility that the craft was an advanced military aircraft. However, current known technology is not consistent with a craft capable of hovering and moving rapidly vertically upward and downward without engine noise.

These reports and more at:
www.ufoevidence.org...

The only thing that bothers me is that predominantly the colour is black unlike the object in the images from this thread.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroGhost

Well ZG I feel humbled by your compliment and I certainly would not include myself in the same class as internos, the sheer speed and quantity of his research nigh on makes my nose bleed

Kind words are always appreciated especially coming from someone with your background, you have many more years exposure to the subject than I have and I only consider myself a pc jockey.

It will be a privelige having you on the thread and I would encourage anyone to ask you questions regarding your experiences.
I do not think this will detract from the thread as in my view the real subject is more about these craft then the pictures I have posted.

Suppresion is all very well but imho there is enough evidence already existing to warrant some deep digging

Now who do I know who has contacts

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by sherpa

Well, your most welcome, and while I will agree internos is "the man", I still count you as one of the great members, and a friend. Albiet, virtual.

And thanks for the compliment on my avitar. I did about 12 of them and set up another 20. Let me know if you want a custom. I am using years of my own images. I know you have seen many, but if you have a fave and want one we can work it out.
U2U me.

Enough back patting (people are bored with such likely), I think this triangle issue is too interesting to derail. I just needed to say with as much cred as I could what we saw. I am more than willing to help speculate, but frankly I have read everything I could find on these and other craft and sightings and are convinced they exist. I can't decide with any certainty if Earth military or alien whatevers. but they are something I know.

My impression, and I must stress no solid evidence, but a feeling these are not ours. Behaviors of these things world wide, and now in Stephenville makes this way too busy a schedule for something the military would be keeping secret. Seems nuts they would go around for the last 20 or more years just to get video of people crapping their pants so they can have an Area 51 inner-office laugh reel.

A very unlikely reason is if this Gov-craft is to gather intelligence or even more unlikely to build up a history of sightings so when the NWO or whomever the creeps are who want us to give up whats left of our freedoms when they proclaim we are being invaded by evil aliens we will be persuaded to be chipped and all our money and freedoms taken.

I wish I could have gotten the license plate of the guys we saw. I do not have even a wisp if an impression it was military. It was in National Monument air space, and no aircraft, even military fighters out of China Lake Navel Weapons Testing Range right over the range there are allowed. That's federal law.

In 1976 I actually saw the crash remains of a couple F4 Phantoms in the middle of the salt flats out 4 miles from Badwater in DV however. They really screwed up. (secret pilot club snuck into the monument. (whos to stop them?) Speed of Sound Below Sea Level Club) the ranger told us when we told them we found the wreckage emerging from the rock hard salt that they where racing on the deck and lost it. I bet they never flew again for Uncle Sam, if they survived.

I've seen the supposed designs here and for years of military "triangle" projects, but every one is nothing more than than a conceptual illustration or diagram, and I have seen hundreds of drawings of weirder stuff than that in NASA visual archives never actually getting to the engineering conceptual stage, that are nothing more than conceptual. For all we know they put the illustrations there for convenient use for skeptics. Is that far fetched? I think not. Just good damage control methods.

I knew a guy that actually did such drawings for the DOD. Not impressed. No one else should be either.

I'll stake my life on what I saw. All a skeptic has is drawings and an attitude of an opinion.

I still think your triangle posts are good images, and not US gov secrets or fakes on string. I will look at evidence to the contrary however. To those believing in their opinions I say bring it.

ZG

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   

I for one salute you on your bravery and somehow I have felt all along that you had expierienced something out of the ordinary if I may venture to say.
Know you that you are not alone for I too on Two occasions have witnessed this triangular craft in my country and it is truly unfortunate that I did not have any cameras or videocams with me at the time, but the vision is planted in my mind like if it happened yesterday. I will never forget the strange silence and fantastic speed of this machine which left me in awe [first time in 2005 and the second sighting in 2006] BOTH TRIANGULAR with the same three lights. There are other situations that have transpired to which I will not discuss here for I do not know if they are related to these sightings or not.

I hope Sherpa keeps a wacthfull eye on these particular UFO's with his info and input with also help from some great ATS members who have keen insight and sharp views.

posted on Mar, 2 2008 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Most awesome sherpa. I really appreciate and enjoy your posts.
Thank you
Keep 'em coming.
John

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Nice topic Sherpa
and very nice find.

I have been looking at the differences between the triangle you posted and the TR-3B. Usually images are so bad that trying to compare features on the actual craft itself is near impossible. However with this little gem you can clearly see how well these 2 fit together.

Image 1 shows a triangular indentation on the top side of the craft along with 3 "intakes" at each point of the triangle (note that the outlines drawn are exactly the same):

Image 2 is a quick animation of both the object and the TR-3B drawing together:

Looks to be a pretty close match to me

/rich

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:37 AM
link   
And yet again more evidence

This is a picture of a model that you can buy of the TR-3B, this is the bottom of the craft:

Now compare that to the description on sherpa's eariler find, the only thing out on it is the colours:

/rich

[edit on 3-3-2008 by olegkvasha]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   

ZeroGhost, is the existence of people like you and Sherpa on ATS that gives me the strenght to sleuth: i don't think i have some special abilities:
sometimes it may happen that i get some results, but just because
my purpose is to share something with people who deserve as many infos as possible, as soon as possible and as well documented as possible.
I just do with the fingers on the keyboard what my brain suggests me to do.
Now, i'm impressesed by your background, but i'm not surprised at all.
I was convinced that you had some interesting experience in this field after reading your posts in your great thread entitled Mysterious Debris in Lunar Orbit

You have been one of the first members who caught my attention here.
ATS should (but i think that already IS) proud to have a member like you.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by olegkvasha

Looks to be a pretty close match to me

Well I don't know how you do that but it sure does look impressive.

I only wish I had your graphics skills, how long did that take ?

Thanks for taking the time to produce that and post it.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi folks,
edit:just noticed the above posts,apologies!
I believe these to be military,not Star Craft.

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

[edit on 3-3-2008 by Elmer_Dinkley]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
It could be a UFO but by the looks of it it looks a lot to me like a TR-3

tinwiki.org...

Besides that, judging by where the spots are and shape, it looks a lot like a TR-3B

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join