It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iraqi Chaldean archbishop seized

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Iraqi Chaldean archbishop seized

news.bbc.co.uk

Gunmen have kidnapped the archbishop of the Chaldean Catholic Church in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul and killed three of his aides, his church says.
Archbishop Paulos Faraj Rahho was seized as he left a church in the eastern al-Nour district, it added.

Pope Benedict XVI deplored the kidnapping as a "despicable" crime.

Most of Iraq's estimated 700,000 Christians are Chaldeans - Catholics who are autonomous from Rome but recognise the Pope's authority.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.iht.com
wvgazette.com

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Kid napping is nothing new to the reagon. What they want this time may not be so clear. As the article states many Christians have been killed just for being who they are. Kid napping a high ranking Christian the motives could be money. If that information is ever reliced we will find out.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Does the Pope deplore all crimes in the world everytime it happens, or just when it happens to someone who worships him.

Sorry just found that a bit odd. lol.

But I really hope this person will be ok, why did they kidnap him, what are they going to do with him?

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by _Phoenix_

not that I can speak for the Pope but I think he would deplore the kid napping of any of those who work at his direction.
It says that what the kidnappers want has not been reliced. That leads me to think they want money. If they just wanted to kill Christians he will already be dead.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by _Phoenix_

not that I can speak for the Pope but I think he would deplore the kid napping of any of those who work at his direction.
It says that what the kidnappers want has not been reliced. That leads me to think they want money. If they just wanted to kill Christians he will already be dead.

Yes either that or they want to make some statement. You don't kidnap someone for no reason. I wonder if we will ever know, maybe it is for something secret and local.

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:19 PM
link   
For what ever it is worth, it is over for the Arch Biship.

The body of Paulos Faraj Rahho, the Chaldean Catholic Archbishop of Mosul, was found in a shallow grave in the city after a tip-off from his captors.

Pope Benedict XVI said he was deeply moved and saddened, calling the death an act of inhuman violence.

Iraqi PM Nouri Maliki said it was a horrible crime aimed at stirring strife between Iraq's religious communities.

bbc

posted on Mar, 13 2008 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I am Chaldean. The kidnappers ordered 1 million to be paid and the Archbishop told the people not to pay.

posted on Mar, 14 2008 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Equinox99

Ahh ok, so I was right with what I was speculating this was to be about. Thanks for the information Equinox.
Nice Avatar also.

top topics

join