It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does the way you die affect what happens after?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by anjeeeee

Originally posted by AngelaLadyS

Suicide doese seem to have a great effect on the aftermath of death. But other than that - figuring the person isn't resistant -

How so? I don't see how it would. If I accept death, I don't see what would change if I died 'naturally' in comparison to killing myself.

It is all but impossible to get to that person, the death by suicide person - I've yet to be able to communicate with a one. I've went to great lengths to try to understand just why the communication is impossible and the fate of the person in question with others 'over there'. (my grandfather committed suicide as did my friends mother)

It seems that whatever depths of personal hell they were going through here - the torment they felt that pushed them to suicide - it is an ongoing state. It seems they just continue in a state of terrible oppretion - depressed, emotional pain and grief, guilt, missery. It's as if nothing else 'gets through' the thick blanket of these - they are lost in it, indefinately.
They are there, but it's like a person in alot of pain. You can be there near them, talking to them, trying to help - but the pain is too great and they don't know your there - they only know the pain.

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by anjeeeee

Suicide doese seem to have a great effect on the aftermath of death. But other than that - figuring the person isn't resistant -

How so? I don't see how it would. If I accept death, I don't see what would change if I died 'naturally' in comparison to killing myself.

It is all but impossible to get to that person, the death by suicide person - I've yet to be able to communicate with a one. I've went to great lengths to try to understand just why the communication is impossible and the fate of the person in question with others 'over there'. (my grandfather committed suicide as did my friends mother)

It seems that whatever depths of personal hell they were going through here - the torment they felt that pushed them to suicide - it is an ongoing state. It seems they just continue in a state of terrible oppretion - depressed, emotional pain and grief, guilt, missery. It's as if nothing else 'gets through' the thick blanket of these - they are lost in it, indefinately.
They are there, but it's like a person in alot of pain. You can be there near them, talking to them, trying to help - but the pain is too great and they don't know your there - they only know the pain.

I see what your saying...but if you kill yourself in a normal state, not depressed, confused or anything, accepting death and being at peace with everything, I'm sure the afterlife consequences would be a bit different than the one faced in the situation you just described. What do you think?

posted on Feb, 23 2004 @ 11:55 PM
link   
That's a thinker :-) I thought about that too...those who killed themselves in cult groups thinking they were doing a great thing ect...
Let me see something right quick...
LOL!
Said: dieing at your own hand is ending at a place of torment. No one gets off the hook.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 01:57 AM
link   
What I have heard people say:
If there is about to be a violent death, the soul LEAVES the body a minute or so BEFORE the tragedy occurs. It is said that this spares the person feeling a lot of PAIN. (Like the 9-11 Towers....just before the planes hit, the souls left their bodies)
In my experience, when my husband died, he stayed around 1 and 1/2 YEARS to see me get safely from the East Coast to Arizona. He had PERMISSION to occupy a neighbor's body, so that he could advise me during that time.
I SAW my husband's ghost TWICE....Once when he appeared at the foot of my bed, and then when I was talking to the neighbor, and I saw him actually MOVE INTO that man's body.
What I got from that experience was that....MAYBE there is a length of time when a soul can do any unfinished business it has to do. (He was VERY WORRIED about me being alone while moving.)
I think that ALL SOULS go to the SAME final place....wherever that may be. Souls follow the laws of physics. I don't believe there is a sorting out according to who was "GOOD" or "BAD". Good and Bad are defined by cultures. What is bad to us, may be acceptable in another culture.

posted on Feb, 26 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Does the way you die affect what happens after?

Absolutely..

And I'm going to have to echo Angela's sentiments here, as I've also tried to contact those who've committed suicide, and either to no avail, or it isn't a pretty picture...

It is actually a cornerstone of my own personal beliefs, that your mindset at death, is what determines the kind of reality you create for yourself... It is only once you get bored of these realities, that you then decide to reincarnate, and experience the surprises of life again, to further your spiritual growth (for lack of a better term)....

I still think the film "What Dreams May Come" is likely the closest thing I can think of to visualizing my beliefs....

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
My boyfriend was shot in a double homicide recently and I fear that when he died, that is it. He is in peace and not appearing in my dreams.

I am afraid that the truth is when you die, that is it. Nothingness. I don't know the answer, but experiencing this, it may be true.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   
I'm of the belief that your afterlife has more to do with how "old" your soul is. I believe that each of us has, or will live many lifetimes. The more you're used to it the better you transition back to the other side. I think it also happens the other way. The more lives you've lived; the more easily you transition into life. There are calm babies, and there are real 'cryers' after birth. Which is which is up to you to decide

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I actually heard that before you die your brain starts pumping out '___' which makes you hallucinate. Your mind is flooded with all these memories and visuals of things you've seen in your life. So in other words, your life literally flashes before your eyes.

I actually find that quite comforting.

Good topic, I never even thought about it.

-The Spiritual Warrior

posted on Mar, 29 2009 @ 03:00 PM
link   
My Fiancee committed suicide 3 years ago and I am sure if he could send me a message he would.
He said they needed him more on the other side and that was why he needed to go. He had been the happiest in his life ever, and we had an amazing connection but said he knew it was time to go home and he was at peace with his decision.
Sadly, nothing I said could change his mind.
So far, I haven't had any evidence whatsoever of any communication, evp or otherwise.
That kinda sucks since I had previously had an NDE and I know theres something out there. I'm really not sure what remains, maybe it's more like an energy vibrational thing rather than memories and intent, but I'm in no hurry to find out for sure.
I'd like to think he's just too busy to contact me.
Afterall, he knows I already believe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join