It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S&P drops 90%!! (glitch)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:58 PM
link   
According to CNN's website, S&P lost 90% of their stock points. I'm not an economist type guy, but I know that this looks like a big deal. Please tell me what you all think of this.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by Dan5647]

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Pray to God it's just a glitch.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Dan5647

OK I refreshed the page and I got this:

Seems like CNN has some database glitches in their systems. Please disregard this post. In fact, please disregard the whole thread. No fear-mongering.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
The same was happening on the FNC stock ticker, so it probably was a glitch from WS, you can just edit the title to add the word glitch or something like that to help clarify, but it will be interesting to see if this glitch makes a bad day worse.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 01:11 PM
link   
CNBC's ticker says it's down about 2%.

No 90% drops.

If you do notice it plummet 90% do yourself a favor and buy like crazy. Buy anything at all. With only 10% to zero the risk/reward ration would be amazing.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Hi thisguy,
I am still seeing this across the net that is has fallen 90%. If this is true I am going to the store immediately buying what I can. Will do some research to see if there has been an announcement made that it was officially a glitch. If someone finds it first post please to ease our worries.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Ok, it is fixed now. I just looked again and it is only a 2.71% drop. WHEW! I was getting worried. Five minutes ago it looked bleak.

top topics

join