It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Mad As Hell and I Am Not going To Take It Anymore

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Hi All,

I have been an avid reader of ATS for some time now, and of late I feel its all wearing a little thin on me.

There are many things in the world that people wish we're different, people have different opinions on a lot of different theories/truths, and for what?

When is it going to be time, for you, the individual, to stand up and say IM MAD AS HELL AND IM NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE.

Curious yes, a lot of us are waiting for some event to bring with it the 'end times' and another majority are living their individual lives to the full as to make sure the day that the SHTF they have no regrets etc.

Is there anybody out there who gets the feeling that this is exactly what 'they' want, that they are slowly turning up the temperature and by the time us ATS'ers even realize, it will be too late - let alone the people who are so wound into the system they could not live without it.

What is it you are waiting for? Before YOU. YES you sitting in your chair reading this in relative comfort decide that you have had enough, that you are MAD AS HELL AND YOUR NOT GOING TO TAKE IT ANY MORE.

Reason i ask this is because, i am afraid that we are already far to late, those in power will not relinquish it without a fight, and should anybody step up to the proverbial plate they shall be crushed by the might of those in power, what with the patriot act and all it's different variations through out numerous countries making sure that should anybody say we have had enough and mass a group of like minded people, we could be locked up indefinitely without trial, all because we have had enough of the way this world treats people. People in power do not treat people as people, they treat them as numbers. This is not how the world should be run, but akin to the frog in the boiling water - soon it will be to late, if not already.

What can one do? There are so many different 'leaders' we can vote for - but they all (bar a few) lean strongly away from the people and towards capitalism and supporting the corporations.

Whats it going to take for us to get over our indifferences and work together to make this world a better place?

Blurry.

[edit on 28-2-2008 by blurryone]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Great post!

Yeah, there's a lot of people world-wide sick of this same ole crapola. But what to do?

Call me overwhelmed (well, not really but I'm getting there
) because I don't know what the solution would be....nor do I see anyone coming up with plausible solutions.

End the insanity and save our own well-being AND that of our children

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Mad as hell!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:25 PM
link   
reply to post by deenamarie53

They have been dangling the carrot of a Utopian Society over us to further their agenda for sooo long. Come on people when are you going to get up off your ar*e and do something about it?

Sure I have no idea what the solution is? Who does? One thing i know is that first we have to get up and say that enough is enough make the leaders think of a solution.

Its the same old tune, and we're all still dancing.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Thanks for doing that! That video is EXACTLY what i mean.

Im a god damn human being my life has value.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:10 AM
link   
As far as the U.S., the states need to get their authority back. We are losing our civil liberties. Our standard of living is declining, and the Fed is to powerful and wasteful.

The only legal way, is for people to get more involved in local and state government. It has to be a work that starts from the bottom, and works it's way up. The state governments have lost alot of their authority, in favor of a stronger Fed. Read the Constitution and the bill of rights and all the ammendments to them.

The stats from a couple of years ago, is that every citizens share of the national debt was $30,000.00, and this was before Iraq.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by earth2

Simply W-O-W.

Sign me up for that shouting match

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
Getting in to local government isn't going to do squat. As long as the democratic machinery needs millions of dollars for one person to enter public office, it's not for normal folks. We won't be able to change anything. And a revolution would set us back a hundred years progress, easily.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by dave420

Dave,

I, like you, wonder how we can pull it together. However I do feel that sooner or later, we just have to stand up and say enough is enough. We want change. If the government can afford a team of people to create the next 'attack' strategy in Iraq, then if we as the people, put enough emphasis on it, 'they' could get those same teams thinking of strategies for a more prosperous future. We the Human race as a whole can benefit. For god's sake man, we live in the 21st century and we still have to worry about the price of bread and milk??

Surely we can get the people in power to 'refocus' their efforts of war and hate to a more righteous path.

On another note, i see a lot of people have read this thread, however nobody is saying what it will take before they get mad.

The death of your neighbors?

The death of your family?

Because that is what is in store if we can't stop this.

Blurry.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:55 PM
link   
That video is very timely to the frustration of us common folk. I have often believed that if enough people would do the following--then some positive changes might become a reality. We have become economic slaves to large corporations because we purchase products we are brainwashed to want through advertising manipulation. Big government is really in the pockets of big global corporations to maintain this charade. What we really need to do as individuals is step back and see what we are doing to ourselves. We need to stop the greedy buying bigger and better items to one up ourselves over our neighbor. We need to accept that self fullfillment comes from what we can do and accomplish--not from what we own or can buy. We need to start buying what we really need to get along in life, and make those purchases from local businesses. Buy items that are manufactured locally by business owners that may well be your next door neighbor. The quality may not be as good, and the price may be higher. But you are channeling your money into the local economy and away from the greedy coprporations. Insist on American made products. As the demand increases you could see the opportunity for employment in local production facilities. Let's put this country back to work providing for its own. This would have a substantial inpact on the economy if it could involve enough people. As long as we are staring ecnomic collapse in the face anyway--why not re invent the economy in the process. The seed of the solutions to our problems lie in our own individual attitudes and beliefs.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Well that you have identified your position, the next step is to identify the problem which is tricky as there are many sources causing small problems to converge into the large maelstrom that we have loaming nearby.

Things that I see are the job outsourcing and manufacturing relocation. The problems we have with foreign oil dependence are actually insignificant compared to dependence on imported goods. NAFTA and other Free-Trade agreements are a poor patch to our failure in going from agriculture to industrial to service industry over the past hundred years. American companies need to realize that maximum profits must take a backseat to consumer stability. The widget that cost 10 cents and sells for 2 dollars will not sell if no one can spend the 2 bucks on it.

Unfortunately those with the position to control the price, manufacturing and distribution balk at the notion of giving up the $1.90 profit because they are comfortable and insolated from minor downturns. So they defend themselves by not being able to compete with a $2.50 widget that cost 60 cents to bring to market rather than accept a smaller profit margin of $1.40 and uninterrupted sales. When the company fails from the misdirection of greed, the workers are out of a job and therefore less money in the market to spend on widgets.

There are exceptions of going too far on that route. Ever since the oil embargo the oil companies took the low profit margin and was unable to afford to expanding refinery production. Now that they have the profits they are not being spent due to environmental regulations and personal insulation of future competing alternative fuels.

The main thing to keep in mind that Bush was technically correct that we are not IN a recession. The last two months consumer sending has been flat. However we are looking at the edge of total economic collapse without the infrastructure in place to pull ourselves out of it like we had during the Great Depression. In the event of total collapse, the current moral compass tells me that theft, murder and crime in general will be worse as well. I base this on the fact that nearly 1% of our population is in prison currently. Society as whole will remain, but economically we will take many years to recover. And unfortunately it took WW2 to do it. So expecting another world war is not out of the question. I have my doubts on winning this one because we as a nation are soft. Confirm this by thinking of the death toll that Y2K was predicting should we found ourselves back in the pre-industrial age for six months to a year.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 04:17 PM
link   
DaleWildomar and Ahabstar,

Those are both great ideas, and I guess to some degree your right in that the economic issues presented to America at the moment, are probably some of the most pressing issues.

There are however many more things going on and many more reasons to be angry.

Maybe they are driving the states economy into a dive as some sort of 'falseflag' or agenda pushing means

FREE-TRADE agreements. HA. free trade agreements are a laughable exercise. Idealistically designed to lower the cost of corporations going global - and secondly to increase the potential market/increase customer base that one company can reach.

Increase the customer base, you have more people to consume your product, thus you have more profits, thus you can take over/ally with similar businesses, then you can slowly raise your prices, not by much maybe an annual 1% over inflation, then you get even more profits.

While those things once known as people - now known as consumers, suffer.

Thats all we are these days guys. Consumers, statistics, numbers, mindless mouths to consume corporate BS.

EVERYWHERE we go today, is an overflow of information. Unless you live in a small town, and even then you still have to deal with it to some degree.

EVERYWHERE. You have adverts on billboards, adverts on the radio, adverts on TV, adverts at the movies, Adverts in your mailbox.

FREE TRADE???? you wait till 'they' get free trade up and going everywhere. Imagine the world then. We would almost totally be at the whim of the corporations, and what they want the flavor of the month to be.

How many revolutionary new products do you want to here about in one day?

COME ON PEOPLE, what makes you mad? Economics? The fact that the media push these 'McDonalds' and 'Coke' ads on to you, and all you see is great looking healthy people? WHEN THE REALITY OF IT IS A LOT DIFFERENT.

WHAT IS IT GOING TO TAKE

Blurry.

[edit on 29-2-2008 by blurryone]

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 04:35 PM
link   
These coming decades will be the last of "Control". Officials in the goverment, are People. Just like you and me. We have to help them realize this. They think that just because they have "Power" they are more valuable then us. Every single Human is priceless. The poor, sick, young, old. We are all the same.

It makes me mad as hell that people can't even unify to solve problems!
It makes me mad as hell that the goverment lies to us!
It makes me mad as hell that I feel like I'm limited!
It makes me mad as hell that people kill eachother for no good reason!
I'm mad as hell because we have a purpose in Life, and we cannot even see it because of all these things that blind us.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:44 PM
link   
"Whats it going to take for us to get over our indifferences and work together to make this world a better place? "
Well, for one, those still holding onto any indifference, stepping aside.
its that weird divide and conquer tactic played on everyones minds.
its just so thick, that we never think twice. when we should always think twice naturally, since there is always two sides to everything, and if we really thought things out, we probably would not cause others or our own suffering. we are extremely intelligent.
those in power know this. You may overthrow those evil elite, but the conditioning the infrastructure imposes will always prevail.
Imagine a world with a government that didnt lie at all, and took care to see all the worlds people were out of harms way? How would that be possible? You would not be able to have television programs that contradict such an idea, and anyone from our time would object to that freedom of speech or expression.

for there to be peace on earth, FIRST, there must be understanding. so I think awareness is the best bet no matter what the scenario.
like G I Joe said, knowing is half the battle!
educated, we'll know whats best to do when we have the opportunity to do it.

there are many philosophical understandings of what understanding is all around the world, the end result, is some faction trying to unify them. Is this bad? or is it that only one of the philosophies is trying to take over? Is their philosophy destructive? (such and such philosophy doesnt see such and such as destruction) etc. you can see the confusion.

Stand up and do something about it by helping people who need your help.
maybe if more people reached out to each other(without having to be paid to do so), it would strike some sort of compassionate note in the hearts of those in power. other than that, I dont know what else to do, I mean I guess I could aspire to be the next president or congressman to try and change things, but there are so many of us "down here" that can actually make a difference in the lives of those we think to be victims of such an evil force in the first place, and I may never actually make the difference I wanted to by becoming the president, and I may have wasted my life trying to help people, when all I had to do was reach out.
If we ourselves as the people reach out to each other enough, maybe we could all realize we don't need the government to govern our country or the world; eventually all rotten systems will decay and actually being happy and fulfilled will appeal to those who would have otherwise joined a dying breed.

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Not reading much on this thread, besides the first post and that......lovely video. Hehe =D

yes, I've not been taking it anymore for the past week I'd say.

I'm growing in anger, and I'm growing in intellegence of this situation, and that's all we can do because we will be the leaders of our communities when they never cared too look at what was really happening behind the lines.

We will be able too tell them the evil doings of these secret societies when the sky is red.
We will be able too tell them how to continue hope when you're biting into a cracker a day.
We will be able too tell them to die free.

The fact is, we must fight together as ONE! and we must use our anger, and we must harness the power of the angers of any god that may exist.

We must use the anger of SURPRESSION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WE ARE BEING PLAYED LIKE MONOPOLY AND I WILL NOT ACCEPT THIS ANYMORE AND THE SECOND ANY FU^%STICK POLITICAL PERSON OR GOVERNMENT AGENT TRIES TOO DISCREDIT ME, I WILL OBLITERATE THEM IN KNOWLEDGE.

WE ARE GOING TO FIGHT BACK, AND IF OUR CHILDEREN, OR BROTHERS, OR SISTERS, OR FATHERS, OR MOTHERS, OR GRANDPARENTS, OR COUSINS, OR NEICES, OR AUNTS, OR UNCLES, EVER ARE IN JEOPARDY I WILL KILL, I WILL SHED HUMAN BLOOD AND TAKE HUMAN LIFE BEFORE I AM EVER A ENSLAVED MAN, I WILL FIGHT BACK AND I WILL DIE FIGHTING BACK. I WILL KILL THE ILLUMINATI SINGLE HANDEDLY, I WILL ATTACK THESE IMBECILES WITH KNOWLEDGE, STRENGTH AND POWER!

WE WILL NOT STAND SURPRESSED
WE WILL NOT STAND BELIEVING NUCLEAR POWER IS THE ONLY ENERGY SOURCE
WE WILL NOT STAND BELIEVING FOSSIL FUEL IS THE ONLY WAY TOO MOVE A VEHICLE
WE WILL NOT STAND BELIEVING THAT OUR GOD HAS FORSAKEN US, AS WE HAVE FORSAKEN HIM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
WE MUST REALIZE THAT OUR OWN DISBELIEF HAS ONLY WEAKENED GODS POWER IN EACH AND EVERYONE OF US, REGARDLESS RELIGION AS I AM NOT, I DO KNOW THAT THE COSMOS IS NOT PLEASED WITH OUR ROCK AND WE WILL USE THE COSMOS AS OUR SAVIOR!
WE, AS PEOPLE, MUST OPEN THE EYES OF FELLOW HUUUMAAANN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

God, I wan't too go MURDER some Secret Service people right now.
Not saying I'm going too, but if I could I would =)

posted on Mar, 3 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
for anyone interested, here's the whole thing. It's divided into 12 parts on YouTube.

video.google.com...

new topics

top topics

join