It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Find Music Pirates, Find Crack-Dealing Terrorist Murderers Too!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   

Find Music Pirates, Find Crack-Dealing Terrorist Murderers Too!

gizmodo.com

This is a leaked official RIAA training video produced with the National District Attorneys Association telling U.S. prosecutors why they should bust music pirates: Because it'll lead them to "everything from handguns to large quantities of coc aine [and] marijuana," not to mention terrorists and murderers!

"When you buy a CD, would you like it with or without — the with is enclosing a piece of crack or whatever the case may be."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.riaa.com

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:02 AM
link   
Well this is interesting.

Now illegal downloading of music is the same as terrorism and drug dealing? I wonder how many Cark-Dealing-Terrorist-Murderers are there around the world, based on the single fact, that they downloaded music from the internet and burned it on a CD to listen it in their car?

And I really do not know people who actually BUY pirate CD's these days. Don't most of the people download their music anyway? And if they really like it, go and buy an original CD?

I don't think music piracy is a main income for Cark-Dealing-Terrorist-Murderers.

gizmodo.com (visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:10 AM
link   
the selling of bootleg music has helped me to fund the slaughter of kittens...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Souljah

You Cark me up sometimes!

This is the ongoing problem of prioritization.

The intelligence folks have much better things to do with their time and my safety than worrying about some kid bootlegging the latest music/movies.

Let the entertainment industry police their own products and leave the important stuff to the spooks.

Becker

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I don't get them equating piracy and drugs with terrorism and murder. It seems to me that the piracy and drugs might be associated with murder from time to time, but certainly not terrorism. It makes me want to ask what 'drug' the person that suggested this was on. I have to question the reasoning behind this one.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:43 AM
link   
If they stopped putting out the crap music they do . We wouldn't need the drugs to make it sound tolerable :/

Looked like 3 lines to me

[edit on 28-2-2008 by oLDWoRLDDiSoRDeR]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 06:04 AM
link   
I'm not as big on seeing a conspiracy in everything as some people are around here, but to me this one seems very obvious. This one is just the recording industry trying to keep its strangle hold on those of us who want to listen to recorded music.
I wonder how long it took them to convince the DAs to repeat those lies?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:09 AM
link   
The problem here is, that recording industry is not happy anymore. They are not selling their CD's and DVD's and LP's anymore as they used to. But I do not see many Artists complaining. In fact, some of them said that this mp3/internet thingy is the best thing that ever happened to them, since they got more fans and more people on their concerts! Let them download my songs - that means I shall sell more tickets for live events!

In any case - is this going to be another "War on Piracy", just like other very successfull Wars on Terrorism and Drugs. Looks like the word of this century is "War On (insert your word here)".

My question to all of you is:

WHAT and WHEN did you buy your last original CD with music?

Allow me to answer first:

I bought an original CD on a concert of a group called T.B.F. from Croatia. I always liked to support smaller, local bends, which really apprechiate when you support their music.

[edit on 28/2/08 by Souljah]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Oh boy....
Yeah, I bet Bin Laden is busy listening to his pirated Kelly Clarkson cd as we speak...
First they talk about sending spies into WOW to find terrorists, now music pirates are terrorists? Methinks someone is grasping at straws here.
What the heck is wrong with the world anymore? Shooting spacecraft into the moon, testing giant particle accelerators that could destroy the universe, police tasering pregnant women, and throwing some guy who downloaded some pirated music into Guantanamo Bay detention camp.

sheesh

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:30 AM
link   
The parts about using it as a tool to get into suspected drug houses I can understand, but using it to find terrorists? Really? I never realized that downloading a song was the gateway drug to terrorism...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Souljah
My question to all of you is:

WHAT and WHEN did you buy your last original CD with music?

What?

Marilyn Manson - Last Tour on Earth
Creed - Human Clay and their 1st CD

When?

Well Creed I got off of Napster and thought it was cool and bought the CD. I quit buying CDs when they decided that we should be fined a zillion dollars for DL'ing music. Probably soon after 9/11/01. Only reason I date it there is cause I haven't bought a CD after a house fire I had a tad before 9/11.

Come to think of it I will probably never buy another CD tho.. I used to listen to music on napster and buy all kinda CDs, since DLing music is bad I dont buy anything or listen to much..

On a side note.. I DL'ed all of metallica's crap out of spite. And no I dont listen to it.

[edit on 2/28/2008 by ThichHeaded]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:27 PM
link   
So funny, but ... but probably so TRUE !!

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Soul, I buy legit music all the time but here in the UK there is a proven link between such activies as selling fake cd's etc. and organised crime.

That does not mean that all such activities are linked its just that those groups use it as cover for their real objectives.

new topics

top topics

join