It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese scientists eye new planet

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   

news.yahoo.com

TOKYO (AFP) - Scientists at a Japanese university said Thursday they believed another planet up to two-thirds the size of the Earth was orbiting in the far reaches of the solar system.

The researchers at Kobe University in western Japan said that theoretical calculations using computer simulations led them to conclude it was only a matter of time before the mysterious "Planet X" was found.

Planet X -- so called by scientists as it is yet unfound -- would have an elliptical solar orbit like Earth, the Kobe University team said, estimating its radius was 15 to 26 billion kilometres.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:23 AM
link   
Well, this suggests that there are astronomical bodies in our solar system that we may or may not be aware of.

news.yahoo.com

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:29 AM
link   
no comments? wow all.....

Planet X must be the new Mars.................!

[edit on 28-2-2008 by nuclear_terrorism]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Absolutely incredible. Every time it seems like we have a handle on it all we get another story like this.

Gives us something neat to look forward to reading about and makes me wish I was an astronomer.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 07:40 AM
link   
hehehe go japan

Ive got a sneaking suspicion that the japaneese government have a whole department who just troll the internet for the popular conspiracies then have some "scientist" come online and say that they might be true.

maybe just for giggles, or maybe to fuel conspiracys.

(ill believe it when i see it, which will probably be to late
)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Huh.. planet X? lol... Ok, i'm not a big believer of the planet x theories how credible is this?

Oh and also i may just be thick but 2/3 the size of earth.. is that 2/3 bigger or 2/3 smaller?

[edit on 28-2-2008 by fiftyfifty]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0

news.yahoo.com

Planet X -- so called by scientists as it is yet unfound.

I always thought it was called planet X because it would be the 10th planet? X being Roman numeral for 10.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Oh and also i may just be thick but 2/3 the size of earth.. is that 2/3 bigger or 2/3 smaller?

2/3 the size of earth would mean that it is 67% the size of earth. Meaning it is smaller than earth.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thanks, I thought so.. just tired lol ( and crap at maths)

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by fiftyfifty
Huh.. planet X? lol... Ok, i'm not a big believer of the planet x theories how credible is this?

[edit on 28-2-2008 by fiftyfifty]

I belive that's two thirds the size of the earth - ie. one thrd smaller than earth.

J

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

Yep, but because pluto isn't a planet exactly anymore, I guess we have to call it Nibiru or IX?

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Hmmm... well the Nibiru theory involves a dwarf star that is huge... alot bigger than our planet.

I personally don't believe any government on the planet will tell us if they are currently observing Nibiru. It's an object so large and so dangerous to us (if real) it would be like telling us that a world-ender asteroid is headed our way. They'll never do it. Keep us in the dark.

So it's hard to believe that these are related. Regardless, I have argued endlessly with people about the plausibility for the existence of a 10th planet and it never goes anywhere... until stories like this come up. At which point I don't even feel like saying 'I told you so.'

I just want people to consider if there is more to the stories than we are being told.... because again, we are not going to be told about any major bodies moving into our system.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by NewWorldOver

I think Nibiru originates from Sumerian astronomy. Check out this ATS thread. I'm not sure tho, could be wrong also

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Sorry to go slightly off topic v01i0.

Is it possible that there is a planet/s that have the same revolution around the sun as us except on the other side where we wouldn't be able to see it/them? I deal in physical statics and not astronomy, so I'm asking if it is possible.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Griff

That would be the counter-earth theory.

Lots of links on ATS.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Hopefully Monster Zero doesnt live there or Space Fungi, like Mi'Go.

Honestly though its probably a very dark and very cold dead orb.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by v01i0

We may have to call it Planet XII. Check this out.
www.cnn.com...

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:02 PM
link   
good lord planet x does that mean wec are getting ready to be attacked by a three headed gold dragon named monster x/ king ghidorah/kaiser ghidorah

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 12:08 PM
link   
According to the report, the Japanese scientists are theorizing the body because of the layout of objects beyond Neptune. I wonder if they took gravitational effects into account. As far as I know, gravitational effects from a large unseen body on the outskirts of the solar system have not been detected.

posted on Apr, 3 2008 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Griff
Sorry to go slightly off topic v01i0.

Is it possible that there is a planet/s that have the same revolution around the sun as us except on the other side where we wouldn't be able to see it/them? I deal in physical statics and not astronomy, so I'm asking if it is possible.

Satallites that traverse round the sun and out to the further reaches of the solar system would have spotted that if that was the case, would they not ?

Wee Mad Mental

top topics

<<   2 >>

join