It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why did FEMA buy 13 truck loads of MRE's?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:14 PM
link   

NOTE: FEMA & MEMA BOUGHT OUT OUR LAST 13 FULL TRUCKLOAD QUANTITIES OF MRE TRAY-PACKS AND ALL THE INDIVIDUAL MRE ENTREE'S ARE GONE NOW, TOO. WHAT REMAINS IN OUR WAREHOUSE INVENTORY HERE NOW IS A LITTLE LESS THAN ONE TRUCKLOAD OF MRE TRAY PACKS AS SEEN LISTED HERE BELOW WHICH WE ARE SELLING BY THE CASE OR PALLET LOAD, UNTIL ALL GONE, TOO. CALL FIRST (830)672-8734 AS INVENTORY IS SHRINKING HERE FASTER THAN THIS PAGE CAN BE UPDATED.

I was looking up MRE's to get some info on how to store food and this is what I found. I will be calling in the morning to ask questions.

Here is the link MRE link
Again this has little or no info on why FEMA bought 13 truck laods of MRE's, just that it did happen.

So my question is this........What are they about to need all that food for?

I am new to posting topics here so if I did something wrong please let me know.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Heres my 2 cents. . For people to eat that have been a victim of a natural disaster. What does FEMA do? They help during times of crisis such as floods, tornados, and other natural disasters. I think it may be safe to say that the MREs are for that purpose.

Also MREs keep fresh for long periods of time, so they can stock pile them for future disasters.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by mcgilligan02]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I hope like hell that they bought up all the veggie meals and kosher meals. I hated those.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I understand what FEMA does. I also understand that food prices are going up and the FDIC are expecting over 100 bank closings this year. The current events in our country and around the world make you wonder what FEMA knows that they aren't letting us in on yet.
As far as I know FEMA has never had an issue with getting food supplys when they need them for a disaster. However this may be different in the case of a depression, where ther would be no extra food to give. Right?
Or maybe an up and coming Martial Law event where the food would be needed.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:49 PM
link   
is it at all possible it's just a selling ploy by the company???

if it's not just a selling ploy... it could be that FEMA is preparing for the upcoming hurricane season? Or it could be that FEMA has noticed an increase in consumers creating stockpiles and want to get to the goods before we do??

either way update us when you call the company.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:52 PM
link   
No problem on the update I will be calling first thing in the morning.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If ever there was an organisation in dire need of some transparency, it would be FEMA. Actually no, I can think of a few thousand others

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:06 PM
link   
I can only come to one conclusion of why any one would buy MREs. For some very hungry people to eat, and lots of those people at that by those numbers. 13 truck loads is about 10 skids, with 200 cases per skid, and 12 meals per box. That is alot of food, I would put it in a bomb shelter near the Dooms Day Vaults being filled with seeds. But that is just me...

One other thing, MRE does not really stand for Meals Ready to Eat, it actually stands for Meals Rejected by Ethiopians.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by ADVISOR]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:40 AM
link   
OK, so here is an update.
I called today and spoke with George the owner.
He says that the webpage has not updated the warning because they are no longer going to restock on MRE's due to rising prices.
Yes FEMA did buy 13 truckloads but that was a few weeks after Katrina.
And if I want he will give me a 2 for 1 deal on MRE's.

So no real story here, it just seemed strange at the time of reading. But the company just has not updated it's website.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR
I can only come to one conclusion of why any one would buy MREs. For some very hungry people to eat, and lots of those people at that by those numbers. 13 truck loads is about 10 skids, with 200 cases per skid, and 12 meals per box. That is alot of food, I would put it in a bomb shelter near the Dooms Day Vaults being filled with seeds. But that is just me...

One other thing, MRE does not really stand for Meals Ready to Eat, it actually stands for Meals Rejected by Ethiopians.

[edit on 27-2-2008 by ADVISOR]

I count 312,000 Meals. Enough for 312,000 people for a day maybe?
In other words, it would feed .000104% of the USA population for one day.

That is not a "large amount" of food in my book. No where near enough to sustain people who must live through a catastrophic disaster.

Originally posted by freedomataprice
OK, so here is an update.
I called today and spoke with George the owner.
He says that the webpage has not updated the warning because they are no longer going to restock on MRE's due to rising prices.
Yes FEMA did buy 13 truckloads but that was a few weeks after Katrina.
And if I want he will give me a 2 for 1 deal on MRE's.

So this company hasn't updated it's website in over 2 years? Yet they still have enough stock to sell you 2-1 MRE's... when they were supposedly almost sold out almost 2 years ago? When does he plan on "not-restocking"
Something is fishy there...

[edit on 28-2-2008 by aaaauroraaaaa]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

yep sales ploy.. thanks for the update. Yeah I wouldn't do business with them either, especially if they haven't updated their website in 2 years.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 12:14 PM
link   
yes i think i saw this sales ploy on ebay when i was looking into buying mre's. I also just waived it as bs.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I agree. It was and is a sales ploy. So I will not be buying from them.

But man it did seem strange at the time.

posted on Aug, 28 2008 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by aaaauroraaaaa

I work in the logistics industry as a freight broker... my office moved several truckloads of these MREs and other supplies (bottled water, etc.) into a community foodbank in Waterloo IA during the spring floods there. This past month, we moved loads of the "leftovers" from Iowa, to foodbanks in McAllen TX, Orlando, and - just today - Baton Rouge and Tyler TX, in preparation for Gustav.

posted on Aug, 29 2008 @ 07:15 PM
link   
reply to post by freedomataprice

Because FEMA are federally obliged to maintain a large stock of emergency food for anyone that needs it during an emergency, and that MREs expire, requiring them to periodically replenish their stocks?

top topics

join