It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are vegetarians?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Must have meat.

"How do you want your steak?"
"Still struggling."

In fact, I just got off the phone with my workout buddy, who informed me he'd picked up a bunch of steaks for dinner tonight. Man, this is gonna be good.

I have canine teeth. I am supposed to eat meat. Therefore, I will indulge my genetics as often as possible

-B.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
So are we ever going to find out what the second half of the question is???

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
vegetartians are weak freaks of nature. the human body was designed to be omnivorous. y else would we have sets of teeth that r omnivorous, a digestive system that secrete enzyme that break down animal proteins, and an intestine that is short compared to herbivores due to the fact that we don't need a lot of intestine to digest meat since its easier to digest than plants?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jonna
So are we ever going to find out what the second half of the question is???

Well I'm giving it 24 hours for as many people as possible to reply, there isn't nearly enough vegetarians about yet.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I eat meat a couple times a week, lately it's been moose, venison and chicken. I really enjoy vegitarian food as well, though.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ

1) vegetartians are weak freaks of nature.

2) a digestive system that secrete enzyme that break down animal proteins

1) I'm not a freak and I'm not weak. I'm 180 cm tall and my weight is normal ( 85 Kg ).

2) There are many others different ways to have proteins. Nowdays, you don't have to eat animals anymore.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I like my meat I eat pork lamb chicken very rare i eat beef I try to aviod it as much as I can

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I won't eat anything unless an animal was killed or exploited to make it. I hate animals and, they taste good.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:16 PM
link   
You'll lose weight and the like if you only stick to vegetables, but there's so much other stuff out there to eat that can give you all the nutrients you need.
Beans, grains, nuts, vegetables, fruit, there's tons of stuff to eat if you're a vegetarian, that will keep you healthy.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by silQ
vegetartians are weak freaks of nature. the human body was designed to be omnivorous. y else would we have sets of teeth that r omnivorous, a digestive system that secrete enzyme that break down animal proteins, and an intestine that is short compared to herbivores due to the fact that we don't need a lot of intestine to digest meat since its easier to digest than plants?

weak are we? we have more willpower and commitment than you do stupid boy!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
what about the proteins?

p.s. - maddox rules!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
I never really liked red meat, so I could totally live happy eating just veggies, chicken (or other volaille), fish and sea food.

But no, I'm not a vegetarian.

who

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
parrhesia-
I dont think you are correct on the losing weight idea. I know many vegetarians (both sisters and some friends), everyone I know that is either vegan or vegetarian has gained weight since eating meat. I also noticed my sparring partner (boxing) is much weaker since he converted to just vegies. He can barely keep up now. Just my 2 cents.

[Edited on 18-2-2004 by who]

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
I eat meat a couple times a week, lately it's been moose, venison and chicken. I really enjoy vegitarian food as well, though.

omg, moose, venison. ive never had moose, and its bin wayyyyy too long since ive had venison.

for the record, ive got at least 5 friends i can think of and contact who are vegetarians. u can count them in and ill jsut give the second part for em - yes, ill be truthful

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
MMMMMMMMMMMMM,MEAT. My steak so rare a good veterinarian could put it back in the field. Pork ribs, beef ribs, everyone is forgetting one thing, a BBQ. And you haven't lived until you've had Moose. If you could get it every week you would roll your eyes up at prime rib.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
parrhesia-
I dont think you are correct on the losing weight idea. I know many vegetarians (both sisters and some friends), everyone I know that is either vegan or vegetarian has gained weight since eating meat. I also noticed my sparring partner (boxing) is much weaker since he converted to just vegies. He can barely keep up now. Just my 2 cents.

I have many friends who have stayed about the same weight since they've become vegitarians, or stayed the same weight since beginning to eat meat, but that may have beeb because they included varied foots in their diets, proteins, lipids, etc.
My point is, just because you don't eat meat doesn't necessarily make you weak. Just as eating meat doesn't necessarily make you strong.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amorymeltzer

Originally posted by parrhesia

omg, moose, venison. ive never had moose, and its bin wayyyyy too long since ive had venison.

for the record, ive got at least 5 friends i can think of and contact who are vegetarians. u can count them in and ill jsut give the second part for em - yes, ill be truthful

Moose is very good, you should try it if you can.

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by KillerD
I eat meat everyday
but I have a 3 year old that can't stand meat. I think she doesn't like the texture.

IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT YOU CAN'T HAVE ANY PUDDING!

HOW CAN YOU HAVE ANY PUDDING IF YOU DON'T EAT YOUR MEAT?!

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
MMMMMMMMMMMMM,MEAT. My steak so rare a good veterinarian could put it back in the field. Pork ribs, beef ribs, everyone is forgetting one thing, a BBQ. And you haven't lived until you've had Moose. If you could get it every week you would roll your eyes up at prime rib.

Why do carnivores feel the need to defend their actions all the while while vegetarians just get on with life?

posted on Feb, 18 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
parrhesia-

that's why most vegetariand must take protein supplements. Oh, and sparring is awesome.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join