It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese economy 40% smaller then previously thought.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You watch, incredibly, way to much lou dobbs. That old fart has revitalized his career by constant fear mongering...

I repeat, China is not the "threat" we thought it was. People like you, and lou dobbs, overestimate the red dragon. Your isolationist in other words!

There domestic problems are so severe, over 300 million chinese live on less than a dollar a day, there ecosystem is deteriorating at a record pace around them, the chinese deserts are growing, consuming all of chinas arable land, 75-80% of all drinkable water in china is contaminated or unfit for drinking, and fishing from. They have a rapidly aging population that has no form of social security, on top of that, wholesale problems in the financial system that dwarf americas sub prime loan mess. All those problems, with alot less money to deal with those domestic problems, then we gave them credit for.
And Chinas infrastructure is horribly weak.

China needs the US, not the other way around. Especially considering all of chinas domestic problems. Losing their #1 customer is something China cannot afford to have happen.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Tell me about, people still think that China is nothing more than a whole bunch of under educated people that still travel by horses and mules.

This is Ironic, but many of them still do.

Just like in America Chinas wealth if only in the hands of a few. . .

Most of Americas wealth comes from privately owned businesses.

Always remember that 80% of the US economy is generated from internal commerce, and only 20% is exposed to the world outside the US. No other large country is this self-reliant economically.

I have been following Chinas grow for years

And now that you have been provided with a substantial source that indicates Chinas economy isn't quite the beast we thought it was, what do you think now?

and I was one of the first ones to said that China will take down US no with weapons but with the same tools that make America one of the best industrial and economical nations in the world, now we have lost the industrial status and very soon if the morons greedy politicians run by corporate American do not do something about it we will lose everything else.

And guess what people the elite that runs American do not give a darn about us the hardworking Americans, just like in China.

Marg, do give it a rest hun... You are getting all worked up for nothing.

The Dollar is weak at the moment, which is really hurting the European economy. In fact, Europe outsources more jobs then the US currently does. And many of those outsourced European jobs are finding they're way into America, not India or China...

Another example that further drives this fact, is that a competitive dollar vs. the expensive Euro enables US companies like Boeing to out-compete European competitors like Airbus. It also benefits tourism to the US, which itself generates some odd $400B a year.

So a weaker dollar is not a bad thing, it does, believe it or not, curtail that mean ole "boogey man," "aka" outsourcing, versus what a strong, expensive currency does, which is the complete opposite.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by West Coast

Beside all you hoo hoo and haa, still you may not grab the issue here, that our nations interest will do anything to keep he profits coming and the propaganda alive and well.

I take my information and digest it and I stand by my point, after all I have seen this developing for years.

Is not longer" time will tell", but rather which lies will stand and who will believe them, so far I have been right on the spot.

BTW I am very happy with myself the way I am, but are you?

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 08:16 PM
link   
We will see how strong China is after suffering through the upcoming recession. The overproduction, inflation, commodity shortages, corruption and overextension of development will be a bitter pill when the chickens come home to roost!

Fed is increasing inflation and in that makes debt cheap, which helps debtors, i.e. US and hurts lenders, i.e. China!

[edit on 2/27/08 by mel1962]

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by mel1962

The same goes to the US.

And if the US one day choose to disregard all of her foreign debt, China will still move on. And so does the rest of the world.

The question is whether the US (government) is 'brave' enough to actually do it. America is expendable, just like everyone else. It was arranged that way for precautionary purposes.

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 01:39 AM
link   
So this is the one report that got it right and all other are wrong? What's next, "Chinese economy 40% larger than previously thought"...

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Raabjorn

I imagine that the next report will be right after the election to tell us that the previous one was wrong, that China is stealing our technology (without the need of spies) and that they already are buying into our markets.

OOps we already have those last three.

Chinese acquisitions in the United States rose to US$226.6 million (€155 million) last year, more than 16 times the 2006 level of US$13 million, according to research company Dealogic PLC. So far this year, another US$162.7 million (€111 million) in deals have been announced.

www.boston.com...

Still with their 40% perchent smaller than previously thought economy they are doing very well acquiring a piece of America

At least the morons in Whashington have some resemblance of what national security is all about and many deals has been blocked when it ocmes to companies that deal with sensible security risk.

But the Chinese are not dumb and stupid they are going around the issue of sensitive national security risk accestments and rather than trying to buy companies they are investing millions and doing partnerships with American companies that they can not purchase.

This will give them an advantage when it comes to policies and decisions.

Still the road block of acquissiongs that China security risk is encountign in the US will start to melt out as more and more American companies are facing hart ship when it comes to the economic woes.

China is waiting just like Saudi Arabia, the Emirates and Dubai to make their move.

This are the failures investments before changing their busness strategies.

December 2004 to buy IBM Corp.'s personal computer unit in a US$1.75 billion deal. Some critics cited possible security risks, but the sale went through after U.S. regulators apparently decided PCs were too generic to pose a threat.

In 2005 state-owned oil company CNOOC Ltd. ran into a firestorm when it tried to buy Unocal Corp. CNOOC dropped its bid for the U.S. oil and gas producer after opponents said it might endanger energy security.

Also they have tried to buy into European companies and Australia.

Now China is getting more sofisticated in their business deal.

Last year, state-owned China Development Bank invested in Barclays PLC and committed financing to the British bank's takeover bid, ultimately unsuccessful, for Dutch rival ABN Amro.

In January, state-owned 1. Aluminum Corp. of China teamed up with U.S.-based Alcoa Inc. to buy 12 percent of Rio Tinto PLC, complicating a bid for the mining giant by Australia's BHP Billiton Ltd

In December, Wall Street welcomed a US$5 billion (euro3.4 billion) investment by China's sovereign wealth fund in Morgan Stanley that helped replenish the bank's assets after heavy subprime mortgage losses

China's acquisitions provoke unease

news.moneycentral.msn.com...:IBM

[edit on 28-2-2008 by marg6043]

posted on Feb, 28 2008 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raabjorn
So this is the one report that got it right and all other are wrong? What's next, "Chinese economy 40% larger than previously thought"...

It has been suspected, for a long time, that the chinese economy was much smaller then what was thought, and as has already been mentioned, I wouldn't surprised if it was in fact smaller then what theyre saying it is now.

The World Bank published this report, so there is no bias when it comes to posting the facts.

Indias economy was discovered to by nearly 40% smaller, as well as several other third world nations. The US and Japanese economy's were unaffected by the study. Which is good news.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join