It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parts of "60 Minutes" Broadcast Blocked in Alabama...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by superheterodyne
i have been television master control operator for years. Network operations CAN accidentally mis-fire a network receiver at an affiliate. It is not unheard of at all. I have had to call FOX operations MANY times to send the control code to activate my receivers on my affiliate end. When I call them they say "sorry. computer glitch in our database" I don't see any conspiracy here. I have even sent multiple states in a black out during programming just because I was playing catch with a duct-tape ball with the engineers and smacked the switcher.
I don't buy the conspiracy theory at all. Just humans goofing up like we do so well.

Please see the post above yours.

Thank you and have a nice day.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
You embolden the terrorists when you criticize Rove. Doesn't anyone understand the threats we face?

I sincerely hope that this is sarcasm.

If not, this could possibly be the single most depressing thing that I have EVER read. The dumbing-down of America is far worse than I had ever imagined.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:21 AM
link   
JOIN CBS FOR 30 minutes of programming plus 30 mins of blackout due to the britney spears cd we at viacom are doing the same with our programming as what the viewers due when they watch us we pull the plug and blame it on the new guy or gal that enters the office in new york city bbs has become a mere shadow of its former self

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by satchmo547

I'd like to add to other replies to your question: Clinton was not removed from office. Just censured. He finished his term. I'm not partisan, I just wanted to make sure that you got the whole truth, since you asked.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ssrs69camaro

Hey, Mr. camaro

(Great car, BTW)

I am glad you have cable, so at least your television feed could not be interrupted by a station manager, (or two) simply taking matters into their own hands. I'm guessing there are experts who can chime in, and tell us about the differences in Network feeds, as to whether they are routed to cable or fiber, or satellite, or just put out the 'old fashioned' way, for the rabbit ears to pick up, compared to those who have cable and satellite???

I think, THAT is the difference. Technology will not allow ancient Nazi or Soviet propaganda tactics occur in the 21st century.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

And look how fast it came up on you tube. Net neutrality and the wiretapping immunity may be the most important issues facing us. We must protect our freedom in the information age. We must not allow "free speech zones" to be imposed upon us yet again.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 05:11 AM
link   
In the news:

60 Minutes" glitch sparks conspiracy theories

NEW YORK (Hollywood Reporter) - An Alabama TV station's outage during a "60 Minutes" segment about the state's former governor has stirred speculation that the blackout may have been politically motivated.

I wonder if they are reffering to ATS:

But the outage raised eyebrows in Alabama and elsewhere, with some bloggers claiming it was a deliberate attempt to keep the segment off the air.

Well WHNT apologized and stated that it was not intentional.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by goosdawg
More background on this developing story:

The White House has put pressure on CBS to kill the show, those close to the case say. Journalists covering the story have been attacked.

WHNT in Huntsville Alabama was purchased by Oak Hill Capital Partners from the New York Times Company early last year. Oak Hill is owned by the Bass brothers, Bush fundraisers at the "Pioneer" level – raising over $100,000 for the Bush-Cheney campaigns in both 2000 and 2004...

Sorry, but this is not "background," I would almost say it rises to the level of lies.

RAW Story makes the claim about the White House putting pressure on CBS, yet they do not back up the assertion. What they foreward as journalists being attacked is nothing more than a run-of-the-mill response by a partisan publication that RAW Story happens to be on the opposite side of the political spectrum from. This isn't journalism, but fabrication and manipulation on RAW Story's part.

They make the allegation, through implication, that WHNT had a hand in the "censoring" of the story, simply because of who owns WHNT. Yet they provide absolutely no evidence of this allegation. Despite Raw Story's allegations, the story and previews of the 60 Minutes story ran several times on WHNT over the weekend during the run-up to the broadcast, they advertise it on their website, and are streaming the entirity of the story on the website. Pretty funny behavior for a station that Raw Story is attempting to smear through implication.

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 08:50 AM
link   
for those of you who have never been railroaded or attempted to be railroaded by a prosecuter or prosecuter's might have a hard time understanding this one. but if you have ever experienced it first hand you know damn well that the one's in control won't stop until they get what they want .
i feel for the guy and his family until he's released from the hell they have thrown him into unwillingly and unjustly .
the convient glitch in the transmission of this show might have been a replublican politically driven move but don't fool yourself by thinking that this is only a partisan move. which is the reason we need to band together as americans and demand our country back from the bipartisan scum we have let steal our country and treat us as if we were the outsider's here.
who voulenteer's to stand up first and lead the way????????? come on there must be someone out there who has the gut's to stand up and sacrifice theirself and their family to save us from the hyena's we still allow to rule over us....
if only there was a new world we could escape to and claim our independance.. well half of mexico is empty , they're all over here maybe we could just make an even trade with them??
the point being is that we have created this monster and should not be surprised about what it devours including yourself. that is unless you are serious about standing up ....

[edit on 26-2-2008 by ironman433]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 09:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ameneter

Actually, I didn't say that democrats employ the same tactics. I said that the HOST of the interview with Allen Raymond pointed out that fact during the interview. And Raymond agreed. I pointed out the fact that I am a registered democrat because I wanted to make it clear, as the host did, that the aforementioned "nefarious deeds" are done by ALL operatives regardless of party affiliations.

And they aren't illegal. Personally, I think any bona fide election tampering by anyone should result in prosecution.

I'm a registered democrat, but I'd love to see Ron Paul as President. Personally, I don't think Hillary or Barack would live very long if either were elected. And now that Ralph Nader has thrown his hat in the ring, we can expect a landslide vote for John McCain. Great.

posted on Feb, 27 2008 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Plausible denial is a common tactic in such issues, but the buck should stop at the top. Ultimately, that is where the resposibility and accountability should lie. However, as always, smokescreens will be thrown up to obfuscate true events and scapegoats will be nominated.

posted on Feb, 29 2008 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrdyn

This story comes as absolutely no surprise ....it seems political activities are merely allowed to proceed,and any threats are taken care of before they get big enough to make a difference.
The long struggle to unseat this guy permanently from politics shows what our office holders suffer when they represent their constituents fairly......
It also indicates thAat political corruption and cronyism has reached unacceptable levels within our democratic goverments......
This situation is untenable, and will make its own adjustment when pressures reach the boiling point.Already our Gov Boys are so out of the picture that they remind me of the German High Command at the end of WW2.
They are sitting in luxurious bunkers and sipping expensive champaigne, totally unaware of the devastation outside......
The neocons are seemingly unaware of the financial tsunami about to engulf our and the worlds economies......they keep babbling about tax breaks that are in aid of only the richest 10%of the population,while they
keep throwing taxpayers cash to the very culprits who caused such a mess in the first place!
How the hey about bailing out the people?Whats the plan for them besides a long box-car ride and a short march to a cell in one of the new concentraton camps...?
The social security net works only for the priviledged upper crust....
The rest of us takes our chances, and plays dice with our health to save money for food and gas and rent.(many have lost the home they thought they were someday gonna own if they just kept working.Indeed they may still be working, but odds are many more will be living in the street shanty towns that will be springing up around the urban centers....A further six million homes may be lost to forclosure bu the time this is over......say four people to a house....thats twenty-four million lives changed for the worst because of the greedy fiscal policies of the banks and mortgage companies.
Thats also nearly ten percent of Americans.....whos not gonna have somebody in thefamily whos affected by this catastrphy?Virtually everyone will be touched by these tradgedies.....Thats not to mention the other fallout like job losses and welfare costs,as well as policing and fire services...remember the tax base gets eroded, and the services get cut one by one to balancethe budgets....this will affect the very old and very young as always twith he very hardest of the consequences.
But the whole country will be the net looser....
Many spin off crises will be brought about by hard financial times normally,but these times a commin, they are far more devastating than we have ever experienced before save for maybe the thirties....but thats small potatoes compared to this time....
The world finacial pandemic we face now,(along with the consequences of our other follies)is set to sweep entire countries from the world map.By the time its over, wellhave a united North America,(canada,mexico,US)and also have tacked on a few central american ones too probably....
Tumultuous times will be the boiling cauldron of human misery from which the neocons hope to skim the cash off the top,and control of the western world through subtle but brutal subversions.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:17 AM
link   
This "Black-outing" you speak of is becoming more common.

3 or 4 years ago, a JFK investigation suffered the same type of thing.

Right before 9/11, an interview with Harvey Pitt (ex chair of SEC) went
blank, when he started to make allegations of the Bush family's alleged
collusion with the Saud family!

I NEVER saw or heard from Harvey Pitt again ! Remember- lots of the
Securities & Exchange Commission's records were kept in the World
Trade Center !

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Tinhatman

Media blacking-out tactics sure sound like the Iron Curtain to me!

By the way, Tinhatman, how DO you clean an Iron Curtain ?

Please say; because I want to see if I have any of the "cleaning" supplies.

posted on Mar, 1 2008 @ 06:09 PM
link   
A Democracy, I thought this was a Republic? Why is anybody watching the MSM anymore is beyond me.

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:00 AM
link   
FCC now seeking official investigation into the 60 Minutes Blackout...[url=http://www.reuters.com/article/domesticNews/idUSN0338745620080303?feedType=RSS&feedName=domesticNews&rpc=22&sp=true]Drudgereport.com[/ url]

[edit on 4-3-2008 by 1curious1]

posted on Mar, 4 2008 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Sorry... I haven't figured out how to post the link... I saw this story on the Drudge Report.

posted on Mar, 16 2008 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Thanks for sharing that important news with all of us. Don Siegelman has his own website now: donsiegelman.org...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join