It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DARPA's New fully Automated Battle Truck

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 01:52 AM
link   

They call him the Crusher

The seven-ton Crusher is programmed to get itself from point A to point B without any instructions other than some basic GPS coordinates. It has no steering wheel, no seats for passengers, and — unless the remote control override is turned on — no human driver.

Full story

Big boys and their toys! The comparison between this Darpa vehicle and the NBC Kitt itself is worth the look. Heading towards something like you have seen in the Terminator or Aliens films, it will be interesting to see what new trucks are deployed out of this project.

[edit on 25-2-2008 by Grimholt]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 03:49 PM
link   
seems like a pretty cool vehicle... so much for the little races that DARPA was holding, now they've got the Crusher. i'd like to have one out on the battle field. i give it a

raptor1

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 04:55 PM
link   
here's a couple of videos on this. i like this thing
video 1

video2

[edit on 25-2-2008 by miguelbmx]

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Oh, when I read the title, I thought I read "tank", but then re read and it said truck, so that totally changes what I was about to say.

Nice vehicle.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I watched a show on these and they would be easy to disable, just shoot out the sensor or cameras and disconnect the computer and you have yourself a vehicle and whatever supplies it is carrying.

TOO MUCH computer controlled junk coming out. Remember who programs them (humans) so they are not perfect.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Nailer

You think that thing is battle ready? That is no where near battle form or equipped to roll into battle.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ShatteredSkies

i agree with you. i mean just look at how exposed the cameras are.

posted on Feb, 25 2008 @ 10:11 PM
link   
British Aerospace really do have an unmanned tank called Black Knight. In a square fight with the crusher... we know who'd be doing all the crushing

[edit on 25-2-2008 by planeman]

posted on Feb, 26 2008 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The Black Knight appears to be an unmanned combat vehicle, the Crusher does not.

They clearly stated that the Crusher's purpose is supply line attributed. The Black Knight appears to have a main gun, I can only assume it's purpose is to engage other vehicles.

Shattered OUT...

new topics

top topics

join